Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deanspeedway View Post
    How to Deactivate /say announce for Tranq shot et al ?

HI there.
    I loved the JS bar addon and have just started using Serenity, which is also great.

I am having some trouble finding the option in the config to deactivate the /say announcements for Tranq Shot dispels; Scatter Shot and Silence shot. I use these spells a LOT in pvp and having a /s bubble for each one is intrusive. I am happy with the option for it to whisper me only, but I can't seem to set it to this for Pvp (BGs only tested so far)

I have set the option in the "Enrage Alert>Chat notification>In a pvp zone" to "whisper self" but it still seems to be spamming in /say.

Can someone help? thanks!
    OK, I'll check it out myself. What pvp zone? and which other options did you have using "say" or "auto"?

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    @deanspeedway - same probs here m8, i got everything, in all sections(threat, interupts etc) set to /w self yet its still coming up in /s and bubbles all over the place, threat transfer option works fine fsr(although only tried that in instances, not in bg etc)

update:- tried it in an instance and it seems everything is being /w to me so thats ok, looks like its the bg thats putting out chat bubbles everywhere.....:-0
    OK, will test, thank you!

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Maybe add back the TukUI style bar?

And instead of setting the minimum height to 8, I would suggest going lower, to like 5. Just for those that like 'em super skinny.
    Right now that only show up if you use TukUI or a variation of it. I'll make it to be always available.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    OK, I'll check it out myself. What pvp zone? and which other options did you have using "say" or "auto"?
    The /say bubbles appear in Battlegrounds (eg . Warsong Gulch, Eye of the Storm etc). It occurs when I tranq shot a buff (eg.. XXX has removed Mark of the Wild from YYYY) ; when I interrupt a cast with Silencing shot; or stun someone with a Scatter shot.

When I am not in a battleground , the message occurs in the appropriate channel that I have designated.
    Last edited by deanspeedway; 2011-07-05 at 10:55 AM.

I've been using Serenity and it has everything I need. However, I have 2 requests that may increase the functionality.

1. I was using ezinterrupt before. That used to announce just like Serenity does, but it would also show an alert with a sound cue to show when the caster was casting something and if it was interruptable. For example, if a holy pally had Aura Mastery on with Concentration Aura/DS, you wouldn't see the alert, but otherwise you would hear a sound with a screen flash if configured.

2. Could you allow MM stacks to be displayed even if focus bar is not enabled?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I've been using Serenity and it has everything I need. However, I have 2 requests that may increase the functionality.

1. I was using ezinterrupt before. That used to announce just like Serenity does, but it would also show an alert with a sound cue to show when the caster was casting something and if it was interruptable. For example, if a holy pally had Aura Mastery on with Concentration Aura/DS, you wouldn't see the alert, but otherwise you would hear a sound with a screen flash if configured.

2. Could you allow MM stacks to be displayed even if focus bar is not enabled?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    1. Set an alert for that in the alerts module. Everything you asked for can be done with that.

2. Stacks are tied to the energy bar, if you don't use the energy bar the stacks will not show, sorry.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deanspeedway View Post
    The /say bubbles appear in Battlegrounds (eg . Warsong Gulch, Eye of the Storm etc). It occurs when I tranq shot a buff (eg.. XXX has removed Mark of the Wild from YYYY) ; when I interrupt a cast with Silencing shot; or stun someone with a Scatter shot.

When I am not in a battleground , the message occurs in the appropriate channel that I have designated.
    OK, found a type-o on my part that I think was causing this. Should be fixed in 1.1. Please let me know @ gsguild.us forums.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilruff View Post
    bump for this please
    Added in 1.1, will be released today!

Simple question....how do you increase the width / hight of serenity focus bar?

also ETA on the old style Aim shot counter from JS?

I do not want Serenity to track my cooldowns, like Rapid Fire/Black Arrow/Traps, but even after I turn the options off, it still tracks them.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    1. Set an alert for that in the alerts module. Everything you asked for can be done with that.
    May be I wasn't clear, but you would have to add every single castable spell in game in the alerts module unlike ezinterrupt, unless there's a way to add an alert as soon as the enemy starts casting an interruptable spell (without specifying what spell it is).

Deleted
    haven't read the whole thread but please please please add the option to MD on raid/party frames only. that was awesome in the older version, and having to press a modifier key to right click on someone is just plain annoying and fairly ridiculous in my eyes. how often is it that you right click who you are targeting to MD? me personally, never, but how often do you right click people? quite a lot i'd say.

great updates overall even if the customisation is a bit much and time consuming/confusing to set up compared to how easy it was before.

however, still my favourite add on, thanks!

edit: read through and seen a few people say this so hopefully a tick box can be added
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2011-07-08 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    loving the addon however the coup de grace for me would to be able to resize:-

the bars
    the timer icons

thanks

I'm not sure what happened, but when I updated JS Hunter Bar via the curse client yesterday, it suddenly won't show icons and won't save any of my settings. When i did a clean install, the first time I load the config, everything seems to have been uninitialized, all the icon and bar sizes are zero pixels, etc. When I quit wow and restarted, none of my settings persisted.

And, enabling the Tranq tracking super tanks my framerate.

And yet another edit, i just found the appropriate comment on the wowinterface page about using serenity, i'll switch to that.
    Last edited by Kavelos; 2011-07-09 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiatu View Post
    Simple question....how do you increase the width / hight of serenity focus bar?

also ETA on the old style Aim shot counter from JS?
    Just finished some other updates that were requested. I should have the old style stacks back in soon (hoping in the next few days.).

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I do not want Serenity to track my cooldowns, like Rapid Fire/Black Arrow/Traps, but even after I turn the options off, it still tracks them.
    http://gsguild.us - post a better description and I'll be happy to help. But this does not give me much to work off.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    May be I wasn't clear, but you would have to add every single castable spell in game in the alerts module unlike ezinterrupt, unless there's a way to add an alert as soon as the enemy starts casting an interruptable spell (without specifying what spell it is).
    OK, I looked at this addon and see what you mean. It just looks for target casting any interrupt-able spell and throws the alert if it's not on the blacklist.

I suggest you keep using this addon if you need alerts for anything that can be interrupted. If you want to watch for specific things, Serenity will do that as well. I do not see the point to include this, sorry.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chili View Post
    loving the addon however the coup de grace for me would to be able to resize:-

the bars
    the timer icons

thanks
    You can - Options, Styling.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    haven't read the whole thread but please please please add the option to MD on raid/party frames only. that was awesome in the older version, and having to press a modifier key to right click on someone is just plain annoying and fairly ridiculous in my eyes. how often is it that you right click who you are targeting to MD? me personally, never, but how often do you right click people? quite a lot i'd say.

great updates overall even if the customisation is a bit much and time consuming/confusing to set up compared to how easy it was before.

however, still my favourite add on, thanks!

edit: read through and seen a few people say this so hopefully a tick box can be added
    Already added :-)

Rapid Fire and my traps are being tracked at the bottom of my screen. I cannot figure out how to remove the icons.

Last edited by Dvorjak; 2011-07-11 at 05:59 PM.

thought i posted an update the other day about the chat bubbles in pvp, but obv i didnt so here goes - everything is working fine for me now JS, no more bubbles in pvp or anywhere so its 1 happy hunter here....;-0 - awsome add on btw

Deleted
    Thank you so much for the amazing add-on!

I have a small problem though, I'm sure there is an option to unlock the energy bar so I could move it around to customize my UI. I just cant seem to find that option in the interface menu help?

Thanks,

10+ Year Old Account
    It was during a couple of hours until i found out how to move this shitti bars^^

Nice Addon!

/serenity lock

will helpz u :P

Hi JS,

I am still using JSHB just for one reason. In alpha/beta of Serenity the alpha level of active/non-active timer frame was common for all timers within that frame, unlike in JSHB. What I mean is: in JSHB my Chimera Shot became available so it lit up, while Imp Steady Shot timer was still dim if it fell off. With Serenity all timer within one frame would lit up as active if only ONE timer within the frame was active in fact.
    Also timer text was inheriting alpha level of the timer icon in Serenity, which was kind of wierd when you had alpha level set to for example 10% on Rapid Fire when it was on CD. You didnt really see time left on CD

My question before switching to Serenity is: Is this still the case with Serenity or does it now work like JSHB worked?

If I am still not clear enough, please refer to some of my videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5FwrnFtLh4

T
    hanks for great job on both addons and your responsiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Hi JS,

I am still using JSHB just for one reason. In alpha/beta of Serenity the alpha level of active/non-active timer frame was common for all timers within that frame, unlike in JSHB. What I mean is: in JSHB my Chimera Shot became available so it lit up, while Imp Steady Shot timer was still dim if it fell off. With Serenity all timer within one frame would lit up as active if only ONE timer within the frame was active in fact.
    Also timer text was inheriting alpha level of the timer icon in Serenity, which was kind of wierd when you had alpha level set to for example 10% on Rapid Fire when it was on CD. You didnt really see time left on CD

My question before switching to Serenity is: Is this still the case with Serenity or does it now work like JSHB worked?

If I am still not clear enough, please refer to some of my videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5FwrnFtLh4

T
    hanks for great job on both addons and your responsiveness
    Looks like a timer or timer icon. If you can't find it, send me your serenity.lua from saved variables so i can look.

Deleted
    Just recently moved onto Serenity. My only gripe at the moment is that the focus bar seems to disappear whenever I log in and out. This means I need to go into the options to change an energy bar setting then changing it back for it to reappear whenever I log onto my hunter.

Is anyone else experiencing something like this? Or perhaps this is on my end?

Serenity 1.2 working great, love the new Grid compatibility.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]