Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    The update broke the background I had set. I can set the background for the energybar, but I can no longer move it around along the x or y axis.

Here is the problem I am having:
    Whenever I enable the Border settings for my Energy Bar underneath Styling, the background for my energy bar gets moved up and off center. Using the Background setting (x,y movement bars) does not move the background when border is enabled. If border is not enabled, the background movement bars work.

Border not enabled:

As you can see here, I extended my Background to mimic a border.

This is what happens when I turn the settings on:

As you can see here, the Background gets pushed back:

Hi i wanted the timer bar to track some buffs and cooldowns, i was able to add Readiness but when i tried adding "Ancient Petrified Seed" to the bar, but it would not track the buff or CD. i tried adding the ID of the buff it gives you, then i tried adding the name of the item in the other add option. so any suggestions would be great.

thanks and love the addon and support for it.

Hey all, Havne't seen this thread for a while but I have a question and didn't wanna start another thread if poss.
    Is there any way of getting Serenity to show when Serpent Sting ISN'T on a mob? Kinda like the Hunters Mark icon that show's if you don't have it on the mob. I'm finding I occasionaly miss it when target switching and this would be really helpful.

What a random luck for me, to find that thread.

I've got a big problem with JS':
    When I install the addon it works fine. But it sends Misdirection-whispers on default. But when I want to deactivate them I
    a) find no switch to deactivate them (all of them are already off)
    b) if I change anything in the options, the addon deactivates itself completely.
    I really like the addon because it saved me the hassle of making 20 powerauras. But it just doesn't seem to work.
    Please help

EDIT:
    Ok, Serenity works perfectly fine. GREAT!
    Last edited by Pope; 2011-08-27 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    I'm having similar problems as Pope, if i unlock the bar / trackers to move them, I can only move f.e the HM reminder, but not the bar, allthough it is marked as unlocked, and as soon as i do any settings changes to the addon, it vanishes and even seems to be causing some nasty lags :/

miniazz: Serenity or JS' Hunter Bar?

It looks like I will have some free time this week to address some problems and questions, etc. I should have a new release out with the changes / fixes.

Dvorjak: I could not see what options were chosen on the screen pics. I will try to pull them directly and look again, but I still do not exactly see the problem (but it may be because I didn't see full screen shots yet). I'm looking into it more though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I am the only one, but I still experience FPS Loss/Lag issues when using Serenity.

Serenity feature request: would it be possible to add a whisper/[channel] alert when you cast Master's Call and who it's cast on? This would help a ton in RBGs or arena teams where you have HoF as well. I use it through Clique, so not possible to macro it, but since you already read events in combat log, it shouldn't be too difficult to add it.

Once again, thanks for the great addon.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderJS View Post
    Hey all, Havne't seen this thread for a while but I have a question and didn't wanna start another thread if poss.
    Is there any way of getting Serenity to show when Serpent Sting ISN'T on a mob? Kinda like the Hunters Mark icon that show's if you don't have it on the mob. I'm finding I occasionaly miss it when target switching and this would be really helpful.
    How I have it set up is that I create Timer Icon block and I add Serpent sting timer to it. Target unit it "Target" obviously. Then I set the opacity for Active and Out of Combat to 10% (or possibly even 0% if you dont want to see it at all) and 100% for Inactive. Like that this icon will light up if my Serpent Sting is not on target.

See here:

Could you add the option to change the font?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Could you add the option to change the font?
    This is already in..... Just find the section, expand and change.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Serenity feature request: would it be possible to add a whisper/[channel] alert when you cast Master's Call and who it's cast on? This would help a ton in RBGs or arena teams where you have HoF as well. I use it through Clique, so not possible to macro it, but since you already read events in combat log, it shouldn't be too difficult to add it.

Once again, thanks for the great addon.
    Good idea! I'll add this....

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 01:09 PM ----------

SO.... a little update....

I've been so busy with these ridiculous dailys and.... Getting my official site setup for support! The new site is almost done, now I am working on a major change to JSHB.

The story.... I've been tossing around ideas of how to handle styling in a better way because there is just so much that can be changed everywhere in the addon. Timers are getting more and more complex too.

Here's what I came up with, so let's see what you guys think.

A new options frame for "Imports":

Q: What will imports do?

A1: Allow fully importing of timers for a bar (for instance, you can import 20 timers in one cut and paste to the import frame!) This will allow for the community to help fine-tune timers and import the whole bar set (or all 3 bar sets at once) instead of having to hard-code defaults into the addon.

A2: Allow (along with or separate from) importing of style settings, so - for instance - if you have your setup modified to look like (for instance) ElvUI or TukUI - this can be simply copied from a post and imported.

This should resolve issues of people having to re-configure everything whenever i make a change. Should also make my life easier too!

This is going to take a bit to finish though, as I need to restructure a lot of the saved settings too. But it's in the works.

The worst part of this is people would need to be competent enough to copy and past, shouldn't be too bad though.

This will also support alerts too for the new stuff in heroics, raids, etc.

Would really like opinions on this. My site is almost complete - so when I wrap that up I should be ready to release this major update. I need to make the change to the savedvariables though, which will mean clearing the current saved variables in favor of the simplified and new ones that allow easier manipulation of importing.

Exporting will be added later, as well. So you can use the current setup features to modify the bar to your liking, then export and share with others, or just have an easy way to recover your current styling changes.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    This is already in..... Just find the section, expand and change.
    I don't know how I missed that expand button.