Deleted

Accessing the MMO-Champ database

If you want to link an item using (url=INSERT ITEM LINK HERE)Item Name(/url) (but using square brackets) on the mmo-champion forums, you have to use the database on this site. Thats fine, but its a little tricky to get to when you are replying to a thread. I have to open another tab of the homepage, then click on the database and find what I need, opening another two tabs in total.

I have 2 suggestions:
    1) On the quick navigation bar at the top of the page, just above the advert, put a link to the database on there while we are on the forum pages. At the moment, the only page the link is on there from is the homepage, which is a little annoying.

2) Have a little box on each item in the database that lets you copy and paste the URL code into the post, in the format I used above. It would work similarly to the way the little red link box works on wowhead by copying the spell into the game.
    For example, if I wanted to link reclaimed Asscandy, at the moment I have to open the database, find it, write the (url=)(/url), copy and paste the URL of the page into the url= box, then copy and paste the name of the item into the part between the brackets so I don't misspell anything. TO make it easier, there would be a box that already has that written in it and you can simple copy and paste it into a forum post, like Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    If you want to link an item using (url=INSERT ITEM LINK HERE)Item Name(/url) (but using square brackets) on the mmo-champion forums, you have to use the database on this site. Thats fine, but its a little tricky to get to when you are replying to a thread. I have to open another tab of the homepage, then click on the database and find what I need, opening another two tabs in total.

I have 2 suggestions:
    1) On the quick navigation bar at the top of the page, just above the advert, put a link to the database on there while we are on the forum pages. At the moment, the only page the link is on there from is the homepage, which is a little annoying.

2) Have a little box on each item in the database that lets you copy and paste the URL code into the post, in the format I used above. It would work similarly to the way the little red link box works on wowhead by copying the spell into the game.
    For example, if I wanted to link reclaimed Asscandy, at the moment I have to open the database, find it, write the (url=)(/url), copy and paste the URL of the page into the url= box, then copy and paste the name of the item into the part between the brackets so I don't misspell anything. TO make it easier, there would be a box that already has that written in it and you can simple copy and paste it into a forum post, like Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
    Really thats not true at all. Go to the database, and find the item you want. Then copy the URL of that item. Then add it to your post like this

Code:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/65003/reclaimed-ashkandi-greatsword-of-the-brotherhood
    You will need to make sure that you remove the "/" on the end of the URL or it won't work. So by just posting the link you get http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/65003/r...he-brotherhood

This is because Auto Link Parse is on. When you paste the link in, the java script will change the link into the Item's Name and Color for you with out you needing to do anything extra. I use MMO-Database linking on my vBulletin site.

What would be awesome is if, they could remove the "/" at the end of the URL's
    Last edited by Crazyace; 2011-02-16 at 05:19 AM.