Performance on a HIS 4670...

Hey everyone, I'm not very experienced with computer hardware at all, but I know that my pre-built HP m9500t desktop, with a low-end Geforce 9300 GE, doesn't run the new WoW to its maximum potential. I recently bought an HIS Radeon HD 4670 512mb card for $40 (the price was the big factor) and I want to know how WoW will perform on maximum settings. I can maintain a max framerate of 60 FPS easily on my 9300 GE with everything on high except shadows, sunshafts, liquid effects, and environment clutter, which are all at the lowest possible settings. I'm really looking to max out shadows and water particularly with this new card, and I would like to know what I can expect with it. Any insight would be great!

Well since it seems you already have a core 2 quad. In terms of raw performance the HD 4670 is ~15x more powerful then the 9300 GE. You should be able to increase some of the video options up but not to max, the shadows still bog down even top machines, keep shadows away from max. Since you already bought the card put it in and give it a shot.
    Last edited by Kupo; 2011-01-30 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm not very experienced with computer hardware at all, but I know that my pre-built HP m9500t desktop, with a low-end Geforce 9300 GE, doesn't run the new WoW to its maximum potential. I recently bought an HIS Radeon HD 4670 512mb card for $40 (the price was the big factor) and I want to know how WoW will perform on maximum settings. I can maintain a max framerate of 60 FPS easily on my 9300 GE with everything on high except shadows, sunshafts, liquid effects, and environment clutter, which are all at the lowest possible settings. I'm really looking to max out shadows and water particularly with this new card, and I would like to know what I can expect with it. Any insight would be great!
    Newer version with 1600mhz DDR2 memory or older version with 2000mhz GDDR3? At one time I was able to run 1280x1024 at high settings smoothly with the latter before I upgraded monitors and had to move on.

I play with the 4670 and it works like a charm, only thing that is holding me back from putting everything on ultra is my processor. Though, the graphics card is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Newer version with 1600mhz DDR2 memory or older version with 2000mhz GDDR3? At one time I was able to run 1280x1024 at high settings smoothly with the latter before I upgraded monitors and had to move on.
    Pretty sure it's the older version with GDDR3.