15+ Year Old Account

Question Best crafted items(greens and blues) for Disenchanting?

Hey all, I was wondering what you guys think are the best crafted items from each profession cost wise to make for the purpose of disenchanting.
    I'm not asking for any huge list unless maybe a guide was already made that I haven't noticed, but more of your personal opinions on what you found that works well.
    Trying to work on stocking up a guild bank so just looking for general ideas.

I noticed with tailoring it looks like pvp bracers or belts are the easiest way to get heavenly shards, but I don't have any of the other crafting profs so I'm not too sure about any of those.
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, there really isnt a cost effective means of gathering enchanting mats by making crafted items, and realisticly, that takes more out of your resources than just buying them off of the AH.

Think about it, if you had to buy the mats for a crafted item off the AH, you would be double dipping in the amount of resources needed to acquire the enchanting materials that you could easily buy for the same price.

For example, say there was a stack obsidium ore on the AH for about 60g, your a BS, and you can craft an item that needs about 12 bars for the cheapest crafted item to make, the outcome would be that you spent 60g on one item and it only rewarded you with 2-3 dusts at best, when for the same amount of gold (give or take 5g) you could have bought at least 5 dusts off the AH for the same price.

your best bet at gathering enchanting mats would be to Disenchant quest rewards, and there are alot of cata quests atm to DE crap from, in addition to all the greens you will find while questing.

EDIT: unfortunately, for Heavenly shards you will just have to be lucky with rolls in Dungeons atm. But with all the time spent so far i already have two stack of them and i hardly have any recipes that need them (my enchanting is at 513 currently, and there aren't any more recipes i can learn from the trainer)
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2011-01-30 at 05:31 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Were not buying it, we actually have an abundance of materials and I'm more trying to find the best way to use it.
    If we were buying we probably would just go straight forward to materials, as they arent that bad on the server, but likewise epics aren't selling as well either so we can't really profit much that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an abundance of materials for other professions and are trying to farm dusts, make the cheapest 318 ilvl armor you can make, since that is the threshold for 3-5 dusts per DE.

If its essences your after, make weapons of at least 316 caliber, they will give at least 2-3 lesser essences and 318 may be a bit too expensive

As for blues, I would advise not to farm shards in this manner, the cost of crafting blues will exceed the amount of shards you will acquire from DEing it (which will always be 1 shard, save for the rare occasion of getting 2) the best bet would be to run dungeons with guildies and DE anything they dont need
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    It will significantly help if you use one of your alts professions.
    My way of getting mats goes from my alt DK's Mining/JC! I go to the entrance of Twilight Highlands and go back and forth. The amount of Elementium/Pyrium Veins is very good even when there are other people.
    Prospecting the ores will give you gems (green and blue ones) and with JC you can use the purple/orange/green/yellow greenie gems to make rings and necklaces.
    Depending on your luck, the outcome of the craft might be a blue ring or necklace, which can yell a small heavenly shard or a heavenly shard when you disenchant it (and dusts and essences of course)!
    With the other 2 color greenie gems that you will have, you can use an alchemist to pair the red greenie gems with heartblossom to transmute Inferno Rubbies which can sell for a lot when you cut them (it does not use the daily alchemist's transmutation CD)! Only the blue color greenie gems I dont use much, only in JC dailies.
    Yes, you have to use more than 1 profession, but believe me, it pays off so damn well!

Good luck!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Okay the best way is to have a character that has JC/Mining Make Carnelian spikes (Green item takes 3 carnelians They give anywhere from 3-5 dust or 3-5 greater cosmics).
    For blues make the perferator if your like me and spend a day mining you will have enough blue gems to make 13-25 perferators a day. Thus making 13-25 heavenly shards.

Perforators aren't worth making. The rubies alone are worth more than a shard. I just buy ore when its <50g and sell zephrites, make the rest into rings and necks and spikes. Sell zephs, cut blue gems, sell blue quality ring procs. Been making a fortune this way.

That is a good point but if you read the post he doesn't want to make money he wants to make materials to fill there G bank.

Get an JC and make the spike fist weapons that need 3 uncommon red cata gems. Also look into making and DEing the rings and necks but check gem costs before youstart vs DE product costs.

Perforators indeed are a total waste. Congratulations on spending 200-300g worth of mats for a 40g shard