Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The end is here.

I was recently removed from a group for not using frost presence to tank.

I laughed so hard I cried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I was recently removed from a group for not using frost presence to tank.

I laughed so hard I cried.
    LOL`d some people are bad....

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just impressive with their lack of knowledge, okay if you dont know that cobra shot or whatever gets buffed/nerfed but about the tanking presence? C'moooooooon D:
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    Almost the same thing happened me a few weeks ago, was kicked from a group for using frost presence to dps

Its worst when at lower levels u ask a DK to tank (as shammy healer low lvls I have nps no matter what your spec) and you tell him to go blood pres... and he replies im frost thought.... dude I know btut if u wanna tank it go blood presence... But dude im frost so ill tank in frost pres... FAIL boat!

Whilst doing a HC this weekend on an alt (Ele Shammy), saw a frosty using a 2h wep yet fully spec'd into DW and no points in MoFW. Considering it was my first HC on my alt, I easily out dps'd him.

Told him my main was a DW Frosty and tried offering help, but he didn't wanna know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly dont blame those people for being misinformed, many players cant follow up with all the changes on the classes, specially when its a class they dont play or have an alt.
    Everytime i get to heal a DK tank i mouseover the tooltip of his presence because im not exactly sure if he should be on blood or frost presence, just to make sure i wont get surprises.

No, i dont have a DK alt.

I see the same thing happen ALL the time when you have paladins and druids in your raid and one or the other ask for kings or marks without realizing they both provide the same buff now (5% stats).
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-01-31 at 01:13 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    It's a shame how many (atleast it seems by the looks in forums) people do not admit their mistakes / want to learn. In this case if you told the rest of the group that it is blood presence which is required to tank, not frost and they still ignored you means most likely that they understood that they were wrong but were too proud to accept their own mistake :/

Is it really that hard for people to just mouse over a buff and read the tooltip?
    What saddens me the most, is how 3 out of 5 (at least!) must have clicked yes in order for so much fail to take place...

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion View Post
    Its worst when at lower levels u ask a DK to tank (as shammy healer low lvls I have nps no matter what your spec) and you tell him to go blood pres... and he replies im frost thought.... dude I know btut if u wanna tank it go blood presence... But dude im frost so ill tank in frost pres... FAIL boat!
    he was fail alrdy since he wanted to tank as frost spec.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    I honestly dont blame those people for being misinformed, many players cant follow up with all the changes on the classes, specially when its a class they dont play or have an alt.
    Everytime i get to heal a DK tank i mouseover the tooltip of his presence because im not exactly sure if he should be on blood or frost presence, just to make sure i wont get surprises.

No, i dont have a DK alt.

I see the same thing happen ALL the time when you have paladins and druids in your raid and one or the other ask for kings or marks without realizing they both provide the same buff now (5% stats).
    Being ignorant is one thing. Being so confident in one's ignorance as to argue the point is quite another thing.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Seems to happen quite a lot. We just played arena at about 2,1 3v3. We nuked the opponent's dk and he switched into frost presence. I really think it's still some kind of reflex ^^

But your kick involved "thought", so I don't know what to say but laugh with you and hope it never happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    Seems to happen quite a lot. We just played arena at about 2,1 3v3. We nuked the opponent's dk and he switched into frost presence. I really think it's still some kind of reflex ^^

But your kick involved "thought", so I don't know what to say but laugh with you and hope it never happens to me.
    That happened to me a lot until i actually got a blood/unholy presence switching macro, just kept going frost whenever i was going low /palm

I kicked a DK tank for being in frost pres on my mage after I pulled aggro every pull.
    Ignorant or uninformed people make me so sad...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    he was fail alrdy since he wanted to tank as frost spec.
    "lower levels"

You can easily tank anything in at least Outland in any spec. Might make it a little more interesting for the healer as well, since healing Outland/Northrend dungeons with tanks in the proper gear and spec is horrifically boring.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    The unwarranted over-confidence that the ignorant often display never ceases to amuse me.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up in a heroic group in the start of Cata, where I started spaming free wraths in treeform,
    the group consisting of four people from the same Kingslayer-guild rattled me into a discussion how I'am wasting my mana on shaping out of treeform when casting wraths.
    This ended me getting into an argument with them, I realized I was going to be kicked so I started a vote against the one triggering the others with "Nielah" in the vote. It passed and he got sacked, requed and found a last DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep ending up in frost pres all the time on my alt after respeccing, usually realize my mistake after a pull but it's hard getting rid of an old reflex (using the same bind for def stance and bearform.)
    Thundercunts and stuff

hahaha that was probably the last thing I expected to read when I opened this thread in a new tab! XD

I ran into that a lot in Wrath but not so much now. I remember I was tanking in Blood during Wrath and some guy kept telling me I was a "noob" for not tanking in Frost. I tried to explain to him that Blood had better healing and that Frost was my DPS spec. At that point the guy lost it and swore I was trolling him. Wish I had wrote his name and server down I'd love to have that conversation now.

I can respect someone who just doesn't know about a certain class. At that point you shouldn't start your sentence with "You shouldn't be doing <thing here>!" it should be "Why are you doing that?". If you ask I have no problem explaining something about my class especially if your a healer. But the instant you yell at me for doing something you don't know about at all I get a little upset. I had a Holy Pally who didn't understand what exactly VB did. I told him to watch for it and to hit me with his strongest heal at that point. Dude swore he didn't want to heal any other tank class after that.
    Last edited by Sobegreen; 2011-02-01 at 01:43 AM.