which runeforge weapon enchant should a frost dk use?

which runeforge weapon enchant should a frost dk use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rune of the Fallen Crusader for a 2-Hander. If DW you use Rune of Razorice on the main hand and Rune of the Fallen Crusader on the off-hand.

Razorice / Fallen Crusader if you're DW
    Fallen Crusader if you're 2h

Deleted
    Fallen crusader/cinderglacier for shorter fights and aoe (like heroics)
    Fallen crusader/razorice for longer fights (like raids)
    Fallen crusader for 2H

If you have 2 offhand weapons, have one with razorice and the other with cinderglacier so you can swap.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Fallen crusader for 2H

If you have 2 offhand weapons, have one with razorice and the other with cinderglacier so you can swap.
    Although stated by previous posted, this poster means Razorice/Fallen Crusader for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Fallen crusader for 2H

Almost right. You want Fallen Crusader on your offhand because Threat of Thassarian ensures your off hand special attacks always hit. Therefore more Fallen Crusader up time. Get 2 main hands, 1 Cinderglacier, 1 Razorice.

Edit: My bad, I had the reason wrong for why you want FC on your offhand and RI / CG on your mainhand. Now it's right.
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2011-01-30 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Almost right. You want Fallen Crusader on your offhand because monsters can't dodge your offhand swings. Therefore more Fallen Crusader up time. Get 2 main hands, 1 Cinderglacier, 1 Razorice.
    what? the next thing you're telling me is that you have a higher miss chance on your offhand with 2 weapons.

Both percentages are counting for both weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Fallen Crusader is our greatest dps gain, razorice coming in second. However, fallen crusader cannot stack with itself, making it a loss to have it on both one handed weapons. As it is a proc, it does not depend on the actual damage the swing is doing. Razorice however does, so we put razorice on the weapon that is hitting harder, and fallen crusader on the offhand, as they are both swinging at the same speed anyway.

That is the reasoning behind it.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Almost right. You want Fallen Crusader on your offhand because Threat of Thassarian ensures your off hand special attacks always hit. Therefore more Fallen Crusader up time. Get 2 main hands, 1 Cinderglacier, 1 Razorice.

Edit: My bad, I had the reason wrong for why you want FC on your offhand and RI / CG on your mainhand. Now it's right.
    no you STILL have the wrong post... you put FC on your off hand and RI on main hand if DW and FC on 2h. NOW it's right.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirosaki View Post
    Fallen Crusader is our greatest dps gain, razorice coming in second. However, fallen crusader cannot stack with itself, making it a loss to have it on both one handed weapons. As it is a proc, it does not depend on the actual damage the swing is doing. Razorice however does, so we put razorice on the weapon that is hitting harder, and fallen crusader on the offhand, as they are both swinging at the same speed anyway.

That is the reasoning behind it.
    Thing is though, Razorice's damage is so laughably low that putting it on your MH over OH is the most miniscule DPS gain.

It's a gain nonetheless, but in the grand scheme of things it will barely make a difference.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Thing is though, Razorice's damage is so laughably low that putting it on your MH over OH is the most miniscule DPS gain.

It's a gain nonetheless, but in the grand scheme of things it will barely make a difference.
    It isn't a DPS gain though, at least, not in the sense you're thinking. Razorice is not affected by the offhand penalty or attack power. The main reasoning behind RI/FC over FC/RI is part misunderstanding, part old information, and a lot of speculation.

Firstly, your hardest hitting weapon should always be your main hand. RI will give the most damage on the hardest hitting weapon, therefore RI/FC is preferred if your weapons aren't the same ilvl or speed.

Secondly, if you are not expertise capped, Fallen Crusader should always be in your offhand. Why? Because thanks to threat of thassarian, offhand strikes cannot be dodged, even if the main hand is (at least, it was this way in late wotlk). The BiS set when ArP DW was all the rage did not include the expertise cap, therefore to maximize FC uptime, it had to be in your offhand.

With reforging, it is never preferable to be below the hit or expertise cap as DW frost, therefore the second part doesn't apply unless you're an orc (and your only available weapons at raid level are swords anyway so it still doesn't apply this tier). So if you have different speed or Ilvl weapons, the hardest hitting one goes MH and gets RI. Otherwise, it flat out doesn't matter.

I've heard people saying in the past that RI main hand will stack the debuff slightly faster and result in a very minuscule DPS gain at the start of the fight or any time you switch to a new target. I have not been able to see this, but then again I don't really care.

Me personally? I use RI/FC because I don't know if it's actually better but I lose nothing by doing so.