1. #1

    5 man HCs healing spec help

    Hello I would like to know what spec do you recommend for pre-raid gear farming in 5man hcs. Dicso with smithe/smitheless build or holy ??? Will ding 85 today, so wanna do it most "antioom" way, 15-80 i went disco for ocasional healing in dungeons,but dont know if PW:S will be still viable for 150k+hp tanks before 4.0.6 disco buff hits. Thank you for your sugestions.

  2. #2
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    Pre-4.0.6? I'd say go for a nice Holy build. Stick to Serenity Chakra and expect mana breaks.

    I only use PW:S to help players move/kite during fights. I would give examples but I haven't memorised the names of dungeon bosses yet.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Millen91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    67
    Go with holy, disc is pretty bad right now in comparison. After the patch you could roll disc if you want. And like Ultima said, Use Serenity Chakra and Heal as much as possible.

  4. #4
    I'm quite confident that AA/A spec is not PVE viable at 85, with a very specific exception.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Millen91 View Post
    Go with holy, disc is pretty bad right now in comparison. After the patch you could roll disc if you want. And like Ultima said, Use Serenity Chakra and Heal as much as possible.
    Lots of posts where people who has raided even in hard modes saying discipline numers are quite similar to holy and some people still says disc sux. I'm quite sure you haven't played disc this expansion or you haven't understood disc mechanics.

    Don't trust them. Disc spec is awesome for PVE.

    Cya

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberbands View Post
    I'm quite confident that AA/A spec is not PVE viable at 85, with a very specific exception.
    this is wrong.

    it is viable, it just that you are just now entering dungeons. stick with a strength of soul build untill u get to around 349ilvl. than aa/a spec is fine. at least it has been for me!

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Narshe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Caves of Narshe
    Posts
    1,025
    Theres nothing wrong with Disc, just dont go with Atonement or Evangelism and you will be fine. A pure healing build (none of the dps talents) is the way to go imo.

    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbfRMochr

    That is what Im running and it works great.

    http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    just dont go with Atonement or Evangelism and you will be fine. A pure healing build (none of the dps talents) is the way to go imo.
    Atonement/Smite spec works just fine, at least, in 5man heroics. I've had 0 issues healing with it, and the 4k DPS it brings is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Atonement/Smite spec works just fine, at least, in 5man heroics. I've had 0 issues healing with it, and the 4k DPS it brings is nice.
    As a single target healer, it will fail you when you step out of the 5-man category. It's not recommended except for gimmick fights (like Chimaeron or Halfus). As a psuedo raid healer it fits in not as a filler, but as a cooldown for your Prayer-spam.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •