Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Be the game designer!

If you could create a new MMORPG or MMOFPS! What would be your original game concept or design!

Or even better what is a completely new design feature you would add to WoW... which is not a new class, race, or talent spec.
    Kind of like the introduction of underwater mounts.!

For my original game concept, a mario and luigi MMO, because i love that game so much. Also made a massive Zelda MMO, i love the retro games!

What would you brainstorm?
    I know but one thing, that i know nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely something that combined the elements of FPS and RPG. Maybe something a kind to Oblivion, just more focused on competetive play, rather than the storyline of the individual character. Would take the skill difference between players to a whole new level, while still keeping the aspects of being able to upgrade oneself in other perspectives than just skill (gear, levels, abilities etc.)

A decently Harry Potter's saga, I think that it have a great world to explore.

If I could change something in WoW, I would make the combat more dynamic and add the ability to avoid attacks

A MMOFPS in the Fallout New Vegas game world.

Deleted
    as far as system design, anything that would make the game more individual skill based, more buttons needed to press, more reactive/counter abilities, shorter gcd sort of thing. anything really that would make a bigger difference between good and bad player. as in if you're a pvp pro and face 5 complete nubs at once, you should be able to outplay them and win the fight easily. (without being a mage lololo)
    But ye that sort of combat system is probably impossible to execute and balance in an mmo environment unless theres just one class in the game, and in that case you might as well just play q3a

and as far as world concept goes, i think they got that sorted for the next mmo. Wow already has sort of zones that have various culture feelings to them, the new game will probably have whole worlds with different culture and environment styles.. sort of what you would expect on the Earth + everything you saw in Stargate series :P I'd be fine with that and i think variety is what they're going for, to attract as wide audience as possible.

My game would be a MMORPG Fantasy setting. Similar class set ups to WoW like the generic warrior, marksmen, mage, cleric, although there would be a techie class and a swashbuckler class with rogue-qualities but no permanent stealth in the end it would be 8-9 classes 3 specs each PvP/PvE/Unique-role. There will be players working with environment to their advantage rather than players running pillars as their only means of defense.

There would be 3 factions. Outlaw/Mercenary faction can take quests from neutral factions because both the X faction and Y faction are flagged to them and their only safe houses are Hovels. The game play would be much faster rather than having just 1 ability/GCD you could juggle several when you play it correctly. Outlaw faction does not gain the reputation that X and Y factions get, its a primarily PvP only faction- you can however buy your way back into a faction by grinding rep and then paying a large sum of currency but you will lose all your reputation with Outlaws and start from square one with X or Y.

It would ideally be a game with a lot of World PvP with rewards for individual skill not a gigantic zerg fest like Warhammer/WoW. There would be Arena 2v2 3v3 only and Battlegrounds 10-25 man. Raids would only be 15 man and Dungeons 5 man. Like in BC there will be PvP objectives around the dungeons if you win the battle you get tokens which you can spend on materials for professions from their respective factions.

You get to paint your armor and customize parts you want visible similar to DCUO/Hellgate London.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably add aerial combat to WoW (PvP). You just see and read on the dragonmaw fighting the wildhammer so why couldn't the Horde fight the Alliance in the same way? It's like if Garrosh was on a wyvern and Varian was a on gryphon they would sit infront of each other just yelling. Obviously the concept would be hard but I'm sure that if they had made it a project they slowly worked on at the start of BC and released it by Wotlk or even Cata it would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Granfino View Post
    A decently Harry Potter's saga, I think that it have a great world to explore.
    yeah, that lore world would definetly have potential. I mean through movies theres a storyline focus that maybe didnt show too much of the whole fantasy world, but it showed enough to be expanded into a pretty good MMO plus mixing with the real world. yeah definetly a lot of potential in Harry Potter MMO.

But im pretty sure we can expect something like that in near future. The last movie is coming this year and HP franchise worths a lot of money to stop on that

I had an idea of a space MMO where the universe was constantly changing. There would be main planets but once guilds have enough money and shit, they could purchase planets. The planets would almost work like spore. The guild is allowed to teraform the planet and decide what animals live on the planet. The guilds(companies) could design every aspect of the planets including quests, outdoor bosses...... ETC. Other people could visit these planets and use the quests to lvl and advance through the game. There are problems with it but I think it would be fun.

I know its not very descriptive.

i would make a wow clone

Spell/Combat system like the one in Magicka <3

Pokémon MMO. Everyone wants it.

Deleted
    GW 2 + Magicka spell combo system, that's all.
    Next step is then to make environment, houses etcetera destructeable, have players be able to found their own 'nations' etcetera.
    We will prolly see that in 20 years or so. :F

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I hate myself for saying this, but, I would make a Pokémon MMO.

I've always liked the concept of Pokémon ever since I bought Pokémon Red over a decade ago. There can easily be a lot of variation, mechanics, and a big world to explore.

Don't look at me!
    Last edited by Garnik; 2011-01-31 at 03:23 PM.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Spellcrafting similar to elder scrolls (I think), of course you'd have spell power or some sort of point system based on level/gear which would provide you with a maximum amount of tweaking done per spell, you could decrease cooldown, gcd, cast time, mana cost, increase direct damage, dot damage and spend large amount of points for additional effects similar to glyph or talent effects. Each class would get 5 talent trees. Each one representing a role: Heal, Tank, Rdps, Mdps and a type of hybrids/support/cc role. You choose 1 spec as a primary spec, gain passives every 10 levels based on the primary spec (similar to passive at lvl 10) with a mastery type effect upon reaching the highest tier, you'd then start workin on a secondary spec which allows you to reach halfway through the tiers, the passives are all earnt upon choosing the spec but they're all at 50% effectiveness, and no mastery sort of effect. At the same time, you have a meta talent spec, this covers basically minor and major glyph equivalent functions and points in this tree work independantly of other trees. Players can have up to 5 saved combos at a time, respec upon will for free and swap specs out of combat.

Essentially you could pick a tank primary and then a spell caster secondary, so become a magetank, pick up a type of interupt/pushback immunity, then spellcraft all aoe abilities for max haste and minimum mana cost, letting specialization take care of threat modifiers. Or for example I could spec mdps primary and heal secondary, so that I passively group heal as I deal damage, then spellcraft for max damage and lower cooldowns to maximize damage output which doubles as heal output. Of course my role would officially be a dps in a raid equivalent environment I now provide extra passive raid healing which my raid would not have otherwise had.

Hybrids make games fun. If I designed a game with this. I'd keep raid type content strictly to 5 mans, I'd keep it so that all stats were a benefit to all spec. Stamina would increase max health plus max amount of a resource type or decrease the rate it was expended, or a dexterity type effect would increase crit chance and the chance to parry an attack. This way gear is universal and instead some gear would excel with certain stats, but still be viable for everyone as a result. Respeccing on the fly would also help. I mean. 5 man raid encounters. It'd work like this, you get ur group together, sort out and configure specs.
    Start fight, 1 tank, 1 melee dps, 2 range dps and a healer. Add spawns, melée dps chances stance, becomes an off tank, switches weapons, picks up add, the range dps focus fire the add down, melée dps switches back, now boss does a powerful aoe, so melée dps switches back to tank for passive mitigation, an rdps switches to an off healer and there's less overall damage taken and done, more healing, now the boss finishes and put a 100% heal rebuff down, rdps switches back, healer now switches to rdps for more damage since there is no need for healing, now boss becomes vulnerable and doesn't need a tank, so the tank switches to melée dps for even more damage, now the boss enrages to finish up, tank and healer switch back, group burns as normal. Done. Sounds actually fun and entertaining whilst still demanding skill and not meeting enrage timers.
    Last edited by Marsc92; 2011-01-31 at 11:06 AM.

I would make a MMO where you are the bad guys, start off as a smalltime bully, working your way to world domination or destruction.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Deleted
    Something that wasn't Dungeons & Dragon themed....

Maybe Like Blade Runner - Factions: Humans and Replicants....

Deleted
    GW2 sounds to be everything I could want from an MMO.

Matrix or Blade runner, as listed above.

The problem is that the idea of fantasy based weapons appeal to me far more than sci-fi ones, so there'd have to be some intermingling of sorts.

It'd also be a lot less forgiving than most mmo games currently available.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2011-01-31 at 06:54 PM.