Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BoT/Throne/BwD Fun Achievements!

Anyone remember the extra achievements in Ulduar? The ones that were just there for fun, not part of the meta achievement for the drake, not related to a hardmode, just there as something to, well, achieve. If you were interested.
    I decided to brainstorm some of this type of achievement for the current tier. I didn't add achievements for any heroic-mode only mechanics, because Blizzard seems to keep achievements to be totally possible on reg mode (though it's fine if some are easier on heroic- remember Jaraxxus' achievement?) The exception is, of course, Sinestra. She gets her own achievement because the precedent is there; Algalon had his "Supermassive" achievement.

Some of these are personal achievements, some of them require the entire raid to coordinate extra hard. Some of them are simply rewarded for doing the fight absolutely perfectly, others require deliberately "messing up" and killing the boss in spite of it. All of them are hopefully something to keep your raid interested during boring farm content, or maybe something fun to do a year down the line when you revisit these instances in your heroic t14 gear.

I'm aware some of these might be too easy or too hard. Tell me what you think!

Magmaw:

"Temper Tantrum"
    Hit the Image of Nefarian with a chain after jumping on Magmaw's back, then kill Magmaw.

"I Heard You Like Kiting"
    Defeat Magmaw while at least 30 Lava Parasites are alive.

Omnotron Defense System:

"Fight Poison With Poison"
    Kill ten Poison Bombs while they are in a Chemical Cloud, then defeat Omnotron Defense System.

Maloriak:

"I'm Happy For You"
    Do not allow Maloriak to damage with raid with Arcane Storm.

"And I'm Gonna Let You Finish"
    Defeat Maloriak while he has at least three stacks of the Growth Catalyst buff from Aberrations.

"Failed Subject"
    Kill a Prime Subject, then kill Maloriak.

Atramedes:

"Quick and Dirty"
    Defeat Atramedes while using no more than 6 Ancient Dwarven Shields.

"Loud and Proud"
    Defeat Atramedes after having each member of the raid go above 75 sound at one point in the fight.

Nefarian:

"Timing Attack"
    Kill the three Chromatic Prototypes within 3 seconds of each other, then defeat Nefarian.

"I Heard You Really Like Kiting"
    Defeat Nefarian while not letting any Animated Bone Construct refresh its energy.

------------------

Halfus Wyrmbreaker:

"Mostly Pacificst"
    Defeat Halfus Wyrmbreaker without killing any of the drakes. The Emerald Whelp pack counts as one drake for this purpose.

"Extra Add"
    Damage the Proto-Behemoth below 80% health, then kill Halfus Wyrmbreaker.
    (I know the Proto-Behemoth is attackable, I checked last raid... I wonder if it drops any phat lewts if you kill it?)

Valiona and Theralion:

"Just Once Please"
    Defeat Valiona and Theralion before Valiona lands a second time.

"Meteorology"
    Defeat Valiona and Theralion without anyone taking more than 30k damage from Twilight Meteorites.
    (These are the ones you have to stack up for while Theralion is on the ground)

"Cloudy With A Chance of Fireballs"
    Defeat Valiona and Theralion without anyone taking damage from Twilight Blast.
    (These are the avoidable ones that fall when Valiona is on the ground, that most people just ignore. This would be hard- sort of like the Kologarn eye beam achieve!)

"Spooky Down In Here"
    Defeat Valiona and Theralion while having each player in the raid enter the twilight realm at least once.

Ascendant Council

"Flawless Victory"
    Defeat the Elementium Monstrosity while neutralizing the following attacks:
    Nobody without the Grounded buff is hit by Thunderstorm
    Nobody without the Swirling Winds buff is hit by Earthquake
    Nobody takes damage from Hydro Lance
    Nobody takes damage from Lightning Blast
    Nobody takes damage from Eruption

"Spread it Around"
    Gain both Burning Blood and Heart of Ice buffs.

Cho'gall

"Thought Control"
    Defeat Cho'gall without him gaining any stacks of Twisted Devotion.

"Angk Ungh'fwussht"
    Defeat Cho'gall while having Corruption: Absolute.

Sinestra

"Indomitable"
    Defeat Sinestra while a Twilight Spitecaller is still alive.

------------------

Conclave of Wind

"Platform Dance"
    Defeat Conclave of Wind while having each player visit all three boss platforms at least once.
    (This should have been the meta achievement, "Stay Chill" is totally bullshit)

"Secret Shortcut"
    Visit the platform with the entrance portal during the Conclave of Wind fight, then defeat the Conclave of Wind.

Al'akir

"Passing Wind"
    Defeat Al'akir without any player being knocked off the platform or getting trapped in a Squall Line.

"Airheaded"
    Defeat Al'akir without stacking Feedback higher than one stack.
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-06-07 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Absolutely love them! Would love to see these in-game!

Deleted
    Woah, same good ideas. Kinda shame it's already end of this raiding tier, would make it a lot more fun like this...
    WTB more of yours achievements ideas for Firelands bosses.

Deleted
    Halfus Wyrmbreaker:

"Extra Add"
    Damage the Proto-Behemoth below 80% health, then kill Halfus Wyrmbreaker.
    (I know the Proto-Behemoth is attackable, I checked last raid... I wonder if it drops any phat lewts if you kill it?)

i would enjoy having to make my loot master swim in lava to loot that. and yes i can confirm he is damdge able (eye for an eye regularly procs damadge onto it so posibly already done this acheve or come close if you have a high quantity of ret/prot pallies in raid or other classes with similar damge return procs, mentioned eye for an eye as it scales with the damadge you take yourself.

Valiona and Theralion:

Defeat v&T without removing a blackout ( ie similar to never breaking kolos arms your sacrificing a party member each time unles they can bubble/cloak/dispersion/gardian spirit)
    Last edited by mmoc1ace84aa42; 2011-06-07 at 11:00 AM.

Some of the achievements would be quite hard, on par with Stay Chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also though about something like this a few days ago. But why not add thrash into the mix?

Four Elements
    Defeat a Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Earth Elemental and Wind Elemental within 10 seconds of each other.
    (The ones right before the Ascendant Council.)

Threesome
    Kill Ivoroc, Maimgor and Pyrecraw within 60 seconds of each other.

United Kings
    Pull all 8 dwarven kings within 10 seconds of each other, then defeat all of them.

Also, some more for bosses.

Personal Platform Dance
    During the Conclave of Wind encounter, don't stand less then 30 and longer than 45 seconds on the same platform without changing platforms and cycle through all four of them at least once during the encounter.

Let's kil- Awww, aren't they cute?
    Release the Emerald Whelp pack during the Halfus Wyrmbreaker encounter and defeat him without killing any whelps.

Omnotron Standstill System
    Defeat the Omnotron Defense System without moving either Magmatron, Arcanotron, Electron or Toxitron more then 10y each after they have become active.

Don't stand at the friggin tail!
    Defeat the Nefarian's End Encounter without anyone getting hit by either Onyxia's or Nefarian's Tail Lash.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I also though about something like this a few days ago. But why not add thrash into the mix?

Four Elements
    Defeat a Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Earth Elemental and Wind Elemental within 10 seconds of each other.
    (The ones right before the Ascendant Council.)

Threesome
    Kill Ivoroc, Maimgor and Pyrecraw within 60 seconds of each other.

United Kings
    Pull all 8 dwarven kings within 10 seconds of each other, then defeat all of them.
    I had thought of things like these but I couldn't really find any place in Ulduar where Blizz had a precedent for trash achieves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the closest is something like Freya's Con-speed-atory, which still involves killing a boss.
    Either way they would be a lot of fun, though the 3 dragons might be a little bit absurd in the raid damage department. Not to mention really hard to pull all of them, because of the pats with the dogs you have to clear between.
    My raid has actually done the 8 kings thing once when we were bored, it's REALLY funny and a nice challenge. And we've done the Elemental one too, though not on purpose haha (accidentally pulling patting mobs ftl) On another note, I would totally name the elemental achievement "By Your Powers Combined!"

Let's kil- Awww, aren't they cute?
    Release the Emerald Whelp pack during the Halfus Wyrmbreaker encounter and defeat him without killing any whelps.
    Poor combat rogues...

Omnotron Standstill System
    Defeat the Omnotron Defense System without moving either Magmatron, Arcanotron, Electron or Toxitron more then 10y each after they have become active.
    Wow this is a really cool one. I think it would be very interesting, might require three tanks to make sure the new one doesn't move to where the tank is still tanking the old one as it shuts down.

Don't stand at the friggin tail!
    Defeat the Nefarian's End Encounter without anyone getting hit by either Onyxia's or Nefarian's Tail Lash.
    Basically forcing the entire raid to eat every one of Onyxia's side-lightning blasts? ouch >_<
    But it seems possible, a good achievement.

Let's think of more! And try them out on live if you're looking for a change of pace, I'd love to know if some of these are possible.
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-06-08 at 05:30 AM.
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    Defeat v&T without removing a blackout ( ie similar to never breaking kolos arms your sacrificing a party member each time unles they can bubble/cloak/dispersion/gardian spirit)
    That's probably mathematically impossible on 10-man. You're going to lose 3 players before even fighting Theralion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Basically forcing the entire raid to eat every one of Onyxia's side-lightning blasts? ouch >_<
    But it seems possible, a good achievement.
    She's got a front-side, too.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    That's probably mathematically impossible on 10-man. You're going to lose 3 players before even fighting Theralion.
    Of which you can save one with Guardian's Spirit, one with excessive shielding, dmg-cooldowns and the like and brez another one.
    Last edited by mmocf1fc01d223; 2011-06-08 at 06:07 AM.

Since the length of my creativity doesn't exceed an etch a sketch, something to go along with you council achievements.

"Finish Him!"

Defeat the Elementium Monstrosity within 1 minute of it becoming active.

Edit: Another one came to me, courtesy of Judas Priest.

"Electric Eye"

Defeat Al'Akir with each raid member being affected by Lightning Rod at least once during the encounter.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-06-08 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really great ideas, allthough the some of the ones from Nef and Maloriak won't be possible as you can't actually kill the adds.
    But other than that, these achievements would have been a great addition.

"Hard as Iron, Sharp as Steel"

Defeat Magmaw without exposing it's head more than twice.

Can people actually read the OP and think without going "OMG LET ME ADD MY OWN ACHIEVEMENT TOO".

"Airheaded", I really don't know if that would be possible in current gear, and if your group wasn't totally cheesed and filled with stack droppers. The Sinestra achievement would also be VERY difficult.

Great ideas, kinda miss the Ulduar ones. Would give us some extra stuff to do in raids when we've been farming for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    "Airheaded", I really don't know if that would be possible in current gear, and if your group wasn't totally cheesed and filled with stack droppers. The Sinestra achievement would also be VERY difficult.
    The idea for this came after trying to PUG Al'akir once. The "very competent" raid leader had the bright idea to totally ignore the adds, and the tank just sort of held them, and one would occasionally die from AoE. The tank held 7 adds and the boss before dying, and we were 20% away from pushing him to phase 3 without the stack going higher than 1. I imagine with a group that has more classes able to drop Acid Rain stacks (my group only had me and some other DK) and perhaps an actual offtank who can hold even more adds it would be possible, not to mention healers more skilled than the three random PUGs I had.
    Would be fun to try, if not you could certainly change the achievement to not stacking it higher than two, and then I know it would be possible.

IDK I think you're underestimating how quickly you can burn through phase 2 with very well geared dps even without the Feedback stacks.

And yeah the Sinestra achievement is probably nearly impossible on 10man. On 25man you just lose a tank and two rogues. Whatever, it was hard to come up with an achieve for that fight. Kill both eggs in one shield phase? Easy, people do that as a standard strat. Kill X amount of whelps within Y seconds? Boring...
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-06-08 at 08:06 AM.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt Blackout expire after a while? I think what you want is "Don't split the Blackout Damage" or something like that.

Yeah the game needs these! A lot of people poo pooed them at first in Ulduar but it made for some good alternative fun. It means you can take a farm boss and give it a twist (or two) for variation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    sorta like chimy 'only 2 deaths' in on 25man then,

so what if a achevement is biased towards a size people will qq but as it's achevemnt that doesn't count for a drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    I had thought of things like these but I couldn't really find any place in Ulduar where Blizz had a precedent for trash achieves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the closest is something like Freya's Con-speed-atory, which still involves killing a boss.
    I was thinking more about the Iron Dwarfs at the beginning where you have to kill 100 within X seconds with the vehicle. xD

Demonic Containment
    Pull Pit Lord Argaloth while fighting a Demon Containment Unit and defeat him while the Demon Containment Unit is still alive.

Don't even dare to dispell me!
    Survive at least one full duration of Consuming Darkness and then defeat Pit Lord Argaloth.
    (I don't know if this is even possible at the moment, because I don't know how high the damage stacks at 15 seconds.)

I don't know why they removed the Ulduar achievement model.