Deleted

[Music] Any Post-Rock fans out there?

Post-rock has got to be my favorite genre, i love bands like Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I know that it is still a niche genre of music, but it is picking up in popularity now, and there has got to be a few fans of it on this board besides me.

I'm not really into the genre naming, but some (a lot) of the music I listen to fall in the "post-rock" category. As for bands, EitS is really nice indeed, not to big of a fan of GY!BE, but they got some nice tunes.

Other bands you might enjoy listening to:
    Mogwai
    God is an Astronaut
    If These Trees Could Talk
    Grails (<<--- GOGO Listen that stuff, probably my favorite band for the past 2 years. The Burden of Hope, Black Tar Prophecies Vol. 1,2,3, Redlight are awesome albums.)
    Crippled Black Phoenix (with some Mogwai members in it and some Portishead affiliates)
    Long Distance Calling
    Pelican (A little bit more heavy leaning towards metal)
    ISIS (Also a heavier sound then most other bands I mentioned before)
    This Is Your Captain Speaking (very similair to GY!BE)
    65daysofstatic (more 'electro' / 'mix' type of music, but some decent tunes)

There are shitloads more bands that have a decent sound, but you'll probably find out about them when you start listening other stuff aswell. A great website to get suggestions for the type of music you enjoy listening is Last.FM.
    A small plug-in tracks what you listen, makes up a list on your profile, shows how often you've listened a certain song/band/artist and is able to make suggestions. If you don't know it, you should take a look at it.

Enjoy man
    Last edited by Ragorna; 2011-01-30 at 03:40 PM.
    Pilot: We've got a little situation ladies and gentlemen.
    Samuel: What seems to be the problem, Mr. pilot, sir?
    Pilot: There are snakes on the plane.
    Samuel: FFFFFFUUUUUU

Deleted
    Pretty good bands there man. Saw GiaA live a couple of months ago and they were great. Gonna see Mogwai next month.

Other Reccomendations, Mono are very good, as are Yndi Halda and We Followed Tigers.

Tristeza and the Album Leaf as well, for more mellow stuff.

Not that i don't enjoy the heavier stuff - post-metal bands like Russian Circles are always good.