Thread: Rift/Aion Info

Rift/Aion Info

So wanting something of a change from the already stagnant Cata/WoW setting. Both games seem to be the only current MMO's with serious potential. Liking PvP and PvE alike with a bit more on the PvP side recently. Which game would be better, why, and what similarities do they have to WoW?

Asking a lot I know, but there are some people out there who have this knowledge on hand and I'm curious. And no, I'm not asking which is going to kill WoW, I don't want that. I love WoW I've played since release and I'll play as long as there is content to play, just looking for soemthing new too!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    If you want something new, you probably shouldn't pick up a WoW clone/killer.

try dc universe. its different enough to keep you entertained, while rift and aion tend to be the type of games a lot of people "quit" wow to play.

Deleted
    Aion - grinding to level; less fluid, dynamic, more wooden and frozen PvP. Also for PvP you don't even need to keybind...

Rft - questing to level; even more dynamic PvP for melees (with all these rift phasings with Rifstalker's soul), for casters - well, a bit clunky as you're slowly moving your weapon too much. Found good use to my Razer Naga for keybinds.

Also, NCSoft's creation pretty much died in western countries, you'll find only "hardcore" techno loving fanboys grinding it. It's just Lineage 3 with flying. You can even point to click and be succesful, lol.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shockspore View Post
    Ya well WoW is fucking EverQuest clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockspore View Post
    TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

But no really, Aion is a incredibly tedious grind, Rift has a feel of Warhammer online / WoW to it, so rift is probably not for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I responded to you in another thread, but...overall I think Aion is more pvp oriented than Rift will be however, when I quit Aion before the expansion it was because there was basically NO pve content, it was all pvp at end game. As the other posters said, Aion was an INCREDIBLY long grind to get to max level. Other things I didn't like about it was when you're in certain areas, the pvp is based in flight which can make it unbalanced particularly for melee classes. The mass pvp events "fortress attacks/defenses" were so big on my server that if I didn't lag out to frozen for five minutes and have to shut my game down completely, I would DC quite often during them.

I don't think Rift will be as pvp based as Aion is but I do think it will have more pve content, some world pvp, and it has battlegrounds just like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    But no really, Aion is a incredibly tedious grind, Rift has a feel of Warhammer online / WoW to it, so rift is probably not for you.
    I'm seeing that. So many similarities... it's to be expected though. Since WoW Pioneered so many things and took old things repainted them. I guess its the thing to do right now. Eh. If anything I would say its time to buy a console to have things to do between raids and the like.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.