Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why did we kill Malygos again?

Wasn't it his job to monitor the magic use of the world and put a stop to it if it's gettin' kind of crazy? Flying entire cities around the world would probably piss anybody off. And if Malygos hated everybody using magic so much, why did he get off his ass only ten thousand years after Highborne/Night Elves/Queldorei/Sindorei?

Because we needed the loot.

Zing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Because we needed the loot.

Zing.
    ba dum tshhhhh

This guy, you know... I don't know, but this guy, he's got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because running wow with only rogues and warriors would not be very fun. You need some magic casters.

Also, to me, a Hunter will alaways be a magic user from the lore point of view.

Exibit 1: Arcane Shot.

Deleted
    Because during that time he wasn't insane.After that and after Deathwing exterminated 95% of his brethren he became mad,and in his madness he found some people to get revenge on.

because if memory serves he, like his brother neltharion had lost his mind. Somehow meeting the netherwing, deathwings children who became a new flight when suffused with the nether energies of outland, restored his sanity and he was not happy with what we were doing. Still not sure if he was just a different kind of crazy because lets face it, magics done a lot of damage and not really been kept in check so to us he may be the bad guy because he wants to end our way of life but to most of the blu flight and there beryl mages they were not so much evil like arthas as trying to clean house in the most uncaring, compassion free way.

Its one of the more gray area fights, it wasnt technically a fight to save the world or anything, the reasons were a bit more selfish but you can have every fight against an enemy be "because there evil" in wwo otherwise we would have no two factions if it was less about shades of grey and more out and out evil.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    First of all, he wanted to kill every single mage on the planet, Alexstrazsa, being the aspect of life, could not allow that.
    Second of all, 10.000 years ago, Deathwing destroyed almost the entire blue dragonflight, causing Malygos to go into a depressed state of insanity.
    He recovered from that recently, when a couple of nether drakes were brought to him. Sanity restored, he realised that everyone was running around using magic too rampant, and he had to stop that, to secure that another Legion invasion or something simliar would happen.
    So he started a war on mages, and we killed him.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Malygos only recently started hating magic users because during the War of the Ancients, Deathwing (using the Demon Soul) nearly wiped the blues into extinction with one spell. All this happened in front of Malygos, causing himself to go insane. It was only after 10,000 years (and with help from his daughter (?) Tyrigosa and the Nether Dragons) that he was able to regain his sanity. When he did, he saw how much magic had been abused and decided he needed to control all of it. So, he started a crusade against magi users, determined to eliminate those that stood against him so he could maintain control over magic again. Unfortunately, his murdering of mages led to an intervention by Alexstrasza, matron of all living things, but even she couldn't convince Malygos to stop his attacks. So, we had to put him down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    brb my lama is eating a kangaroo while my horse is watching it eating my popcorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Things try to kill you on every content, Australia's things are just better at doing so. x3

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    Because running wow with only rogues and warriors would not be very fun. You need some magic casters.

Warriors would - by that theory - also be a magic user.

Exibit 2: Thunderclap.

I always thought it was plothole-ish to have us kill Malygos. The story behind it's kinda weak--Malygos has come out of his insanity enough to launch an attack on the reds and mages of the world, and we go clean up the mess.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the old gods started whispering him and he went bat-shit crazy. He was going to cut off our supply of conjured food which meant he had to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post

if its magic shot, why can it be blocked? last time i checked, spells cant be blocked

15+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing betrays dragonflight
    Malygos reacts first screaming "OMG NINJA"
    Deathwing: "lol i killed ur race"
    Malygos faints.

10,000 years later, Malygos wakes up because Deathwing is back, and comes lays some smack down and rescues Alexstraza from being raped (not joking). In return, she rez's some blue dragons for him to replenish their stock.

Malygos goes back to work a few days later with a doctors note explaining his absence, only to find that these pesky humans and elves have: blown up the world, blown up several dozen remaining islands, opened a gateway to another planet where they blew it up, summoned demons intent on blowing everything up, blew up said demons, and had intercontinental magic battles between druids, half-demon elves, and psionic warlock-shamans from another planet.

He flips his lid and declares war on mages with his newly rez'd brothers, and proceeds to abduct one of Alexstraza's children for the purpose of raping her.

In a nutshell.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    He got pissed bcs Alex denied him.
    Tbh, don't ever fall in love with Alex, she'll deny u, u'll get pissed, u become a raidboss and u'll get pwnd by 10-25 random people for lewt

Isn't Silvermoon the magic capital of Azeroth and has the Sunwell though, wouldn't Malygos swoop in and destroy that since it's powering an entire continent of magics?

So wait, Malygos was crazy for ten thousand years, and the first thing we do when he sees clearly is go out and kill him? How else was he supposed to control magic(do his job) without killing the people who were utterly opposed to giving it up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if you will a human manager is frozen in ice for 200 years and comes back and his boss is now a woman, and she wears pants and the secretaries are wearing low cut tops. Imagine his job is head of human resources.

Malygos refused to adapt to changing times and be a governing body and instead decided to fire everyone. Then the government stepped in because there's laws against that.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzoo View Post
    Warriors would - by that theory - also be a magic user.

Exibit 2: Thunderclap.
    Thunderclap, although nature damage does not require magic. Just like a warstomp - think lore, not Combat log. Arcane shot has a magic type in its name.

Just like rogue poison does nature damage, yet i dont consider it magic. People get food poisoning all the time and its not magical.. you dont go to the hospital and get someone to cast cleanse on you..

P.S. Though if they are magic mushrooms, then yes, it is magical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    He got pissed bcs Alex denied him.
    Tbh, don't ever fall in love with Alex, she'll deny u, u'll get pissed, u become a raidboss and u'll get pwnd by 10-25 random people for lewt
    how about krasus

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    Isn't Silvermoon the magic capital of Azeroth and has the Sunwell though, wouldn't Malygos swoop in and destroy that since it's powering an entire continent of magics?

So wait, Malygos was crazy for ten thousand years, and the first thing we do when he sees clearly is go out and kill him? How else was he supposed to control magic(do his job) without killing the people who were utterly opposed to giving it up?
    [sarcasm]
    Sympathetic villains, IN MY RPG? BLASPHEMY!

[/sarcasm]

But yeah, not all villains (and generally a lot of great villains) do the whole "i iz evul 4 lulz". Road to hell is paved with good intentions, as they say.