Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I still have my 4850 and I run ultra Everything at 1920*1080, i do have it running at 690mhz atm rather than 500 (<3 Custom Cooler)
    But as many have said CPU is the key.
    Then when your talking fraps Hard drive seems to be, at least my Standard 2nd HD cant take the write speed required. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    While I'd recommend having 6GB of RAM as a default, WoW is still a 32-bit software and can therefore not process more than ~3.6 (inb4 getting called out for inaccurate data). Of course, that only leaves 400MB free for the rest of the system which is why more RAM comes in handy, but it'd hardly be a performance increase.
    You're not wrong, in fact as far as I know WoW has limits set within the program so that it will not go above 2GiB RAM usage. Unless they changed it, because they broke it in early Wrath which caused some major, major issues for people running high details (I was crashing to desktop 10-15 times a day before I figured it out and turned down my textures to keep memory usage down, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by One-X View Post
    -When we went into combat with Maloriak (25 HC) my CPU went almost straight up to 100% activity and played around there.
    That kinda details it right there. Despite what people are saying about the E7500 being okay (and it is), it does have its limits. I upgraded from an E8400 to an i5-2500k, and even before overclocking I felt a difference.

The CPU is indeed a bottleneck. Upgrading just the CPU (to a maxed out dual-core or a fast quad-core LGA775 chip) is not going to be a worthwhile investment in the long run, and may not even solve your problems. It'll be worthwhile saving for a new CPU/motherboard/RAM combo and buying everything new.

I may have missed it; how much RAM do you have right now?
    Last edited by Nellah; 2011-01-31 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    I may have missed it; how much RAM do you have right now?
    I've got 4GB. And I just entered BIOS after the PC have been on for about 4, and according to BIOS my CPU temperature is ~71. (Abit to high?)

And I might have found a new motherboard and 3GHz Quad CPU to buy soon so, hope that'll do the trick <.<.