Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    Oh how I laughed so hard when I read this.

You're actually telling people to stop hitting Ozruk to avoid the bleed? How on earth are they gonna survive Paralyze then?

Also, he doesn't have "4 skills a tank needs to watch out for". Ground Slam and Shatter, that's 2 abilities.

OT: I have to call bullshit like many others, sure you could do some bosses without a healer, but trash in general? I've seen BLOOD DK tanks drop like flies. If you succeed to kill some of the larger groups, you'd probably end up with 2-3 people dead pr. trash pull.. How on earth is that time saving?
    Yes you've seen Blood Dk's drop like flies, and i've seen numerous 85 dps's in herioc gear pull 4k. Timing death strikes to maximize the heal and not override ur blood shield, along with proper cool down management are skill factors. Also proper kill orders on trash, kicks, and getting out of aoe's that increase damage taken help immensely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbomb116 View Post
    Yes you've seen Blood Dk's drop like flies, and i've seen numerous 85 dps's in herioc gear pull 4k. Timing death strikes to maximize the heal and not override ur blood shield, along with proper cool down management are skill factors. Also proper kill orders on trash, kicks, and getting out of aoe's that increase damage taken help immensely.
    Agreed, I definitely think this can be done on many bosses and trash with proper players/gear. I'd love to try it myself, but my gear is definitely not up for it.. since I don't raid it might be a while before it is...

Deleted
    I'm going to assume most people in this topic saying they need videos, that there's unavoidable damage etc are either bad dps or healers who always get bad groups. As a healer who heals guild groups, I don't need any proof, this is just doable. I can dps most bosses since no one needs any heals, pretty much any damage on any boss is more or less fully avoidable, and when it isn't, it can be selfhealed. For example, second boss in Grim Batol. His grip is the only unavoidable damage during the fight, use bandage or a potion or a selfheal immediately afterwards and you'll probably be fine.

Sounds fun.
    I've done last boss in Grim Batol without a real healer, just 2 shadow priests for VE heals (never leaving shadow form).
    Pally tank can heal themselves. All of the damage for DPS is avoidable on that fight.
    2nd boss in Stonecore have done several times with 1 tank 3 dps as healers in randoms seem to die on the run-in somehow?
    Used to run 5dps heroics in Wrath and I would tank trash as shadow, or sometimes we'd have a ret/dk dps tank.
    I suspect we'll see that again before the end of this expansion.

It also points to how trivial most of the encounters are when you are aware of the mechanics, very few gear checks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    What about first boss in Shadowfang Keep where he gets you down to 1%? How much heals you're letting him get? But ye, I can see the pros of having a 4th dps.
    If your a dk and time your Anti Magic Shell right that bit where he elevates you and saps your HP aha its called Asphyxiate this is easily avoidable for DK's [COLOR="red"]

Also i have glyph of Runetap which heals Party for 5%HP some boss fights i get up to 4k hps.

Did i mention also i have max i have seen is 3x bloodworms which will heal the party for about 5k a pop again another 5%hp

With all 3 Bloodworms + Rune tap can easily give each player 20khps in a 30 second window as long as you get 3x bloodworms up

WTS Death Healer
    Last edited by mmoc50bf40230e; 2011-02-01 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Asphyxiate

Running without Healer while using shitloads of CC, or take a healer and rush through it wrath style...
    I'd prefer wrath style
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Running without Healer while using shitloads of CC, or take a healer and rush through it wrath style...
    I'd prefer wrath style
    Agreed with this. To me this thread just screams " I WANT ATTENTION, I'M SO COOL NOT NEEDING A HEALER "

Which isn't exactly a fantastic achievement for a DK expecially blood.

we've done healerless heroic blackrock yesterday, with 3 bad geared toons (frostmage, pally tank and blood dk with dps gear) and 2 mid-geared mains (demo-wl and blook dk) and it was a joke. figuring out the right "tactic" for bella took us 2tries (yeah pulling army right away was kind of a bad idea ), the other bosses went down firsttry.

definitely gonna do some more heroics this way, as we ran in bc and wotlk 4dps+1tank or 5dps heroics. sadly our guild is too small and we're all having not enough time for raiding, would make things even easier.

Loads of CC doesn't really slow anything down though. In the majority of instances I can CC two (sometimes three) targets by myself. That leaves 3 people doing normal DPS for each mob, plus mine minus refresh time. Packs go down at pretty much the same speed as normal at worst.

Just did HoO. Wasn't too bad, the hardest probably being Anraphat. We usually skip most the bosses as we are just in the for the vp (which in my opinion is completing the instance) but we decided to do every boss just in case there was a mechanic we didn't think of that might be difficult.