High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

random freezes with p8p67-Pro :(

hey there,
    i suffer from random freezes with my new pc build

i5 2500k
    Zotac GTX 470
    Asus p8p67-Pro
    Samsung HD502hj ata device(Connected to the Grey slot)
    Tsstcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C Ata device (connected to the grey slot)
    windows 7 enterprise
    Corsair 650w PSU
    2x2 GB adata ddr3 1600g ram
    BIOS ver. 1253
    sometimes i can play something for 3 hours, then it will freeze, or after 5 mins after starting the computer.
    Temperatur of cpu is 25°, gpu 30, when playing up to 60 (70% fan speed)

C3 and C6 is disabled.

i hope someone can help me or do i just have to wait for a new bios update from asus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsche View Post
    hey there,
    i suffer from random freezes with my new pc build

i5 2500k
    Zotac GTX 470
    Asus p8p67-Pro
    Samsung HD502hj ata device(Connected to the Grey slot)
    Tsstcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C Ata device (connected to the grey slot)
    windows 7 enterprise
    Corsair 650w PSU
    2x2 GB adata ddr3 1600g ram
    BIOS ver. 1253
    sometimes i can play something for 3 hours, then it will freeze, or after 5 mins after starting the computer.
    Temperatur of cpu is 25°, gpu 30, when playing up to 60 (70% fan speed)

C3 and C6 is disabled.

i hope someone can help me or do i just have to wait for a new bios update from asus?
    Is this WoW related freezes or computer freezes?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    mostly while playing wow or another computer game,
    when i do nothing and just download something and leave the pc alone for some hours, then it wont freeze, but even when i surf in the internet, sometimes it will

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsche View Post
    mostly while playing wow or another computer game,
    when i do nothing and just download something and leave the pc alone for some hours, then it wont freeze, but even when i surf in the internet, sometimes it will
    Right, I was going to suggest that you take a look at you're AddOns if you use any - I'm thinking it's something to do with Drivers in all honesty, your computer looks fine for casual gaming and it shouldn't be freezing (obviously) at all while surfing. Check all your drivers are up to date, restart and let me know if it persists. I'll be going soon so send me a PM or something and I'll get back to you.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is your CPU overclocked? You can Prime forever while using CPU Voltage offset mode, but sometimes your will not be stable at medium loads.

What voltage does ADATA specify for your memory? Try bumping that up to 1.6V. If it's still unhappy, keep it at 1.6V and try running the RAM at 1333MHz.

Also I noticed your SATA devices have "ATA" device attached to them. This means you are using the generic Microsoft ATA driver instead of the Intel "Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" driver. This isn't likely the source of your instability, but should be fixed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Also I noticed your SATA devices have "ATA" device attached to them. This means you are using the generic Microsoft ATA driver instead of the Intel "Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" driver. This isn't likely the source of your instability, but should be fixed anyway.
    Definitely, Win7 default SATA drivers and high-end chipsets haven't played nice since day 1.

A good CPU stress test program is IntelBurnTest, which uses I believe Linpack algorithms to really stress your CPU cooling. If your CPU can run that for 20-30 minutes odds are it'll be okay processor-wise. Regular gaming pushes my processor into the high 50s range for temps, but I've seen temps of 87 degrees with IntelBurnTest.

The load temperatures you gave, are those for CPU or video card?