Deleted

Raid video settings

Hey all

Basically a quick question; I'm having some FPS issues on certain fights, I have my gfx on "good" in 25 mans. Thing is sometimes I'm having to run across the room to TOTT someone for example and thats when I start lagging like crap.

Is there a way to lower all my unecessary graphics but keep shit on the floor and things like Onyxias side sparkling when she's about to discharge electric? I don't care what the pretty walls look like in the instance but I do need to see fire/voidzones etc on the floor.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry if I posted this is the wrong area too.

To see "the shit on the floor" u only need to enable "projected textures". I was going insane myself case i couldnt see my Ring of Frost or other ground stuff, but enabeling that fixed it. All my other settings are on low or fair btw.
    Last edited by Muliercula; 2011-01-31 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Having projected textures is a must. I also recommend keeping particle density on at least fair since some effects aren't really on the ground, but more particle effects. For example, the dust during the worm in stonecore.

Particle Density and Projected Texture is a must.

Shadow is optional and will increase (a lot) your FPS when disabled.

Deleted
    Shadows on the lowest possible settings. It really doesn't add that much to the graphics and it takes a shitload of ressources.

Especially for raids, the "blob" shadows are really enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Having projected textures is a must. I also recommend keeping particle density on at least fair since some effects aren't really on the ground, but more particle effects. For example, the dust during the worm in stonecore.
    and this. Everything else can be set to low if your computer is having troubles in 25man raids. Also, if you have the full screen glow effect activated, you can turn it off with "/console ffxglow 0" (and 1 to turn it on again of course)