Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Remember sub is more about utility, mobility and setting stuff up though, not just dps.

Getting a little better, though it was interesting setting up the actionbar when you use shadow dance. I guess there must be some better way than using 6 sec every min on it, but I didn't bother looking too closely.

Anyway, so far it's great fun (ambush sorts it more or less, and if it doesn't, like someone said, ambush again), but I keep forgetting to use dance properly. And when would be the best time to shadowstep a mage? And how good is Sanguinary Vein (or something), and why hasn't that rogue Mercander got it in his specc?
    Last edited by XtreO; 2011-01-31 at 08:36 PM.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, dream come true? I have always PVP'd as Sub because of the mobility. It required a lot more skill to kill things and probably held me back, but I despise Mut. Good to know all the unskilled Mut players will be struggling next patch.

It's varies from person to person. For me personally at this moment in time Sub > anything else. It's damage is just vastly superior. When assassination rogues attack me I tend to sigh do to being bored while they 1-2 me while stunned. An by 1-2 I mean 1 damage, 2 damage. I don't know why people play it, it's terrible.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO View Post
    Getting a little better, though it was interesting setting up the actionbar when you use shadow dance. I guess there must be some better way than using 6 sec every min on it, but I didn't bother looking too closely.

Anyway, so far it's great fun (ambush sorts it more or less, and if it doesn't, like someone said, ambush again), but I keep forgetting to use dance properly. And when would be the best time to shadowstep a mage? And how good is Sanguinary Vein (or something), and why hasn't that rogue Mercander got it in his specc?
    If by Mercander you mean Mercader, don't take anything he says as gospel. He is not a rogue you go to looking for advice.

As for shadowstepping a mage; if you do it before they blink then well, all they have to do is blink and then you're in trouble.

Sanguinary Vein is something you want to spec into if you feel like you're not doing enough damage. If you're running, for example, double dps in two's and you get focused alot, sanguinary veins might not be as necessary because you have a 2nd dps partner. It's all situational.

Use of Shadowdance... Rogues have quite a few keybinds and so you may just be forgetting to use it. If you're lining up a kill on someone just try to line up a 5 point kidney shot with recuperate up, (make sure he doesnt have trinket or blink), and then ambush away. You'll get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
    If by Mercander you mean Mercader, don't take anything he says as gospel. He is not a rogue you go to looking for advice.

As for shadowstepping a mage; if you do it before they blink then well, all they have to do is blink and then you're in trouble.

Sanguinary Vein is something you want to spec into if you feel like you're not doing enough damage. If you're running, for example, double dps in two's and you get focused alot, sanguinary veins might not be as necessary because you have a 2nd dps partner. It's all situational.

Use of Shadowdance... Rogues have quite a few keybinds and so you may just be forgetting to use it. If you're lining up a kill on someone just try to line up a 5 point kidney shot with recuperate up, (make sure he doesnt have trinket or blink), and then ambush away. You'll get the hang of it.
    Well, it's not they keybinds that are confusing. Rogues got few abilities compared to paladins and warriors which is what Ive played in wrath and now mostly in Cata. It's more like I forget using things. But kidneyshot with recuperate up+shadowdance, that I'll be able to remember
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

sub is still good at 85. like Halja said its about mobility, utility, etc. and not mad dps like mutilate. imo it takes more skill to play too because u basically always have to be behind the enemy and controlling the game. as sub i find it better at killing any caster class than mutilate and u can definitely see the difference when fighting frost mages and mages in general. mutilate does do a lot better damage wise against plates though especially warriors because they have less magic resistance than dks and pallys (bubble). and sub is way more fun too. imo just get both specs, dual spec ftw