The forgotten trinket? (moonkin)

According to Elitist Jerks:

"The best trinket currently available is [Darkmoon Card: Volcano]. For second place, [Heart of Ignacious] and [Theralion's Mirror] are very close. The Mirror tends to look better on paper, although there can be advantages to an activated trinket (as opposed to a proc). [Bell of Enraging Resonance], [Witching Hourglass], and [Stump of Time] are also good."

I couldn't help but notice no mention of [Soul Casket], the valor trinket that is 321 mastery (which we would reforge to haste) and a 2min CD for 1926 spellpower for 20 secs. Mastery sucks for us right now, but with the next patch right around the corner, mastery will be buffed to be better than crit. Not to mention how powerful on use spellpower trinkets can be in the right hands. Im wondering where exactly this forgotten trinket would rank up? They also didn't mention the jewelcrafting trinket [Figurine - Jeweled Serpent]! I would hate to take a trinket from another caster if one of these trinkets would actually benefit me more.

I also want to mention, [Darkmoon Card: Volcano] is absolutely amazing! When it procs, not only do you do awesome threat-pulling damage, but you can innervate an oom healer to almost full mana thanks to our innervate scaling with our base mana pool!
    Please?

I would hate to take a trinket from another caster if one of these trinkets would actually benefit me more.

Your consideration for others is very un-WoW like. I commend you.

I still don't see how Theralion's Mirror is one of top trinkets. If you can't get your hands on volcano then go ahead and go for the Soul Casket until something better drops. I'm pretty sure the bell would be better than the soul casket even after the patch. Same with stump if you need the hit or can reforge other stats into more haste by getting the extra hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Your consideration for others is very un-WoW like. I commend you.
    If you only knew all the rare flying mounts Ive passed on because I have flight form...lol

I am hit capped already without having to reforge (which I should of mentioned...sry) , so stump would be a waste to me, as mastery+haste would benefit me more than hit+haste, especially after the new patch. from what im hearing after patch mastery is better than crit, so how would the bell be better than soul casket? there basically the same stats except for that one difference.

Im still really surprised how elitist jerks left these trinkets out of consideration! My post went ignored over there, so im hoping someone here has an educated opinion on what our TRUE BiS trinkets are. I can agree with Volcano, and I see heart as a perfect fit as well, but I am long down on the waiting list to win that (or even see it drop 1st), so I guess my real question is whats 3rd best?
    Please?

Jeweled Serpent is worth 285 int and 237.5 spell power (1425sp*20sec/120sec CD)
    Soul Casket is worth 321 mastery and 321 spell power (1926sp*20sec/120sec CD)
    Theralion's Mirror is worth 321 int and 428 mastery (1926mastery*20sec/90 sec ICD)

Theralion's Mirror is clearly the best out of these three trinkets since int is worth more to casters than spell power is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuharu View Post
    Theralion's Mirror is worth 321 int and 428 mastery (1926mastery*20sec/90 sec ICD)

Theralion's Mirror is clearly the best out of these three trinkets since int is worth more to casters than spell power is.
    ah, thank you!
    but the thing that still gets me is we can reforge the mastery off the Soul Casket and get haste, but cannot reforge the mastery from the Mirror, as it is a mastery proc, which really sucks being that our mastery bonus in only good if eclipse is up, which kind of feels like a "cross your fingers that the planets align"- type of trinket. With that said, would you still consider it to be better because of the Int alone?
    Please?

Yes, I would consider the mirror to be better than the Soul Casket. Although the mirror cannot be reforged at all, it has int which is your best stat and more mastery than the Soul Casket. I used the WrathCalcs spreadsheet for moonkins (since I don't actually play a moonkin) to confirm and it also agrees.

Total Eclipse
    Increases the bonus damage from Eclipse by 16%. Each point of Mastery increases the bonus by an additional 2%.
    Doesn't this mean that if the trinket procs when we aren't in an eclipse that it indeed does absolutely nothing at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Doesn't this mean that if the trinket procs when we aren't in an eclipse that it indeed does absolutely nothing at all?
    That is correct.

I got it last night and tried it on council and cho gal.
    Must say the proc is kinda strange, at no point did I get more than 10 seconds of it inside and eclipse but I also never failed to get a few seconds in an eclipse. Clearly that fight isn't a great test of it since I had extended solar phases for killing adds but out of a total uptime of 18% I would take a random stab that around 50% of that is useful less so when a pure stand still and kill fight.

Maybe with the mastery buff maths will prove it to be better, but a little too much RNG for my liking tbh.

Meh world of logs clearly fails me here, seems you cant link the 3 buffs on the chart. ah well
    Last edited by shags the penguin; 2011-01-31 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuharu View Post

Silly Matsu, posting in the Druid forums...

Yes, the int value of Theralion's Mirror is higher than the rest, but remember, we only get benefit from mastery roughly 50-60% of the time. Because of that, you may get a proc right as (or right before) you enter an Eclipse state and get the best possible benefit or you could waste nearly the entire proc if it procs at the end or during heavy movement and anywhere in between. The proc's value is not nearly as cut and dry as the value of a spell power or intellect proc would be.

That said, yes it is better than Soul Casket. I would go with one of the 6 Hamlet suggests. Soul Casket is just fine until you acquire one of course. Keep in mind that the balance post@EJ is updated for 4.0.6. The trinket priority has not changed, but there are other things in the post that HAVE changed (including mastery moving up above crit in our priority list.)
    Last edited by tilgare; 2011-01-31 at 08:10 PM.