Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicDose View Post
    I personally I never use nourish in the state it is now, also consider speccing 3/3 in natures grace and 3/3 in moonglow (makes a big difference in how much you can spam spells) , one regrowth with natures will give you considerable more haste for healing touch. Your gear looks fine use your JC trinket early (98% mana) and then innervate early as well, so you can use it again, I do not spec empowered touch because refreshing LB is what you don't want to happen, the lb bloom is a good spike heal and you can just reapply 3 stacks fast. Druids are semi good tank healers at the moment, but I would say with 4.06 and the changes with WG strength, some talent change and the fact that nourish will be 30% faster with 3 rejuvs out, will make them back into viable raid healers. Right now it is just obvious that we do not have the spike heals compared to pallys.
    What I did for talents is 0/3 empowered touch, 0 /3 natures bounty both not very helpful spells at all, and put this into 3/3 natures grace 3/3 moonglow and 2/3 furor. Letting LB bleed off should allow you to time Healing touches and swiftmends for that extra spike. Literally never use nourish in the state it is now. Horrible cast for a horrible heal.
    Edit: For raid healing : Reforge everything for haste, more haste = more hot ticks. Simple as that, faster Healing touch, better hot healing will help out a lot.
    If you reallllly want to tank heal: Reforge everything to Mastery, the next poster explains why this is a good idea.
    With this setup, I always out heal my current raids pallys in similar gear.
    ....im sorry...wha??

Im with Desminn...I am confused as to the reason behind dropping LBs off the target...yes it is a great heal when it procs (if you let it) but the problem is that you cannot CONTROL it. Say it is at 3 seconds left to rolling off. You are faced with this delima. HT/Nourish to refresh it? or let it roll off when the tank MIGHT be at 90% or more thus wasting the heal. IMO for MOST situations you DO want Empowered Touch and you DO NOT want to reforge all mastery.

Mastery is still pretty weak for us resto druids and while it is good for tank healing, sucks for everything else. Haste on the other hand..is good in every situation. More HoT ticks, faster Nourish, Faster HT. My presonal preferance is reforge all mastery/crit to Haste. Gem all Int for more SP. That is just me but it works to gear effect for me. If you have a paladin and you are tank healing, just assign him and urself to seperate tanks, do your LB thing and let him heal with beacon.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Seeing as my lb has high crit and can crit up to 40k+ , I let it bloom every time, unless the tank is at/near 100% You can do this by having good timing, to give good spike heals.
    For example tank is at 20% Lb has 3 seconds left. I Start a healing touch, refresh rejuv, let the lb tick off and swiftmend and immediately start building up lb back to 3. This will easily heal for 100k if not more and hopefully massively increase the tanks hp. With 4-5 seconds left on it you should always regrowth first to speed up your healing touch. I don't understand why anyone thinks that keeping lb on a target that is below 50% is good as its bloom is stronger then healing touch and swiftmend, and it has a high crit chance. Why would I want a skill other then LB to refresh LB... LBs ticks are insignificant to the amount of heals you can get from blooming it. In a situation where I have to pop tree, I stack 3 lbs up on everyone and let them fall off, and keep reapplying them to those who need it. This will heal the most per second with 3 lb and 3 coming off will be a good spike heal that you dont even have to do. This seems like simple logic to me, but I guess not everyone can see this.

If you still don't understand this I keep lb always refreshed if the tank is above 80% if I see him start dropping I do NOT Refresh it, and keep on rejuv healing touch or swiftmend (perhaps regrowth as well), I then let this fall off, and reapply the stacks asap.

edit, whoever said spamming regrowths in tree is a good idea, is an idiot. It is hard on your mana and has insignificant healing, 3 lb and let it bloom is going to be way more healing and will allow you to gain mana back compared to spammed regrowth. Using tree early on in a fight is a good idea as well, so you can use it twice, but it is completely dependent on the fight. Druids are preventative healers, similar to a disc priest knowing the fight will make you healing better because you can apply heals , or start letting a lb tick off when you know a big hit is about to happen. You should also have by far the least overheal.
    Last edited by ChronicDose; 2011-01-31 at 08:41 PM.

ok not refreshing if the tank is 20% fine ill give ya that 50%...maybe i could see it if you know the fight will be ending soon anyway and you say youll refresh it at 80% or more so yeah. it just seemed as though you were saying you always let LB drop. at any rate i still dont see why...or how you have 0/3 (its 0/2 btw) empowered touch, 0 /3 natures bounty, what the hell else do you spec into? theres not much else besides pvp talents and even more useless junk in the resto tree to fill it out.

0/2 empowered touch, 0 /3 natures bounty both not very helpful spells at all, and put this into 3/3 natures grace 3/3 moonglow and 2/3 furor.
    I said SPECIFICALLY how my build was different. Please read.
    Edit: Aka 9% less mana cost for EVERY spell, 15% haste for 15 seconds every 1 minute. Yes Definitely useless junk

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    50%...maybe i could see it if you know the fight will be ending soon anyway and you say youll refresh it at 80% or more so yeah.
    Why would I refresh it at 50% hp....you need to keep the tanks as high as possible in 95% of fights. So you need to spike heal, even all hots are not going to bring him up near 100% while taking dmg. LB bloom is your best spike heal and costs nothing more then 3 lifeblooms, which can be reapplied. Either healing touch 3 times or let it tick off and restack them, healing touch once if necessary.
    Last edited by ChronicDose; 2011-01-31 at 09:46 PM.

Remember that your healing #s will vary from many factors. Gear levels, encounter, your role, healer make up, your awareness of where the healers are focusing their heals, how well you can anticipate damage, spell choice, spell placment ( a misplaced efflorescence is awesomely bad), mana management. I wouldn't worry to much about your meters unless there are some glaring disparities. If your worried about your raid spot, due to meter maids, then i would talk to your RL.

I run with 6-7 healers in our 25's 1-2 holy priest 2 pallies 2 shammys 1 of me =D I am usually in the top 3 of most encounters, often beating our pallies. In others im come dead last, but the numbers tend to be very close.

remember if you are a tank healer, you will likely have lower numbers. just remember to pop eff on groupings when you can, is not very mana intensive.

good luck!

I will give you Chronic that if you can predict when a tank will take a lot of dmg, or is that low to let LB bloom. But from my experience in raiding (10 mans only) I almost never encounter this situation. Usually the tank is ~70-80% and LB is at like 7 secs. Almost never do I get the chance to let my LB bloom and heal him. The reason most druids refresh LB with Nourish or HT is becasue Nourish, with a hot on, and a bit of mastery, hits for 5-6k. Not a lot but it heals a bit and if the tank needs a heal, which they almost always do, it buffers them untill another healer heals them or I can throw a Rejuv on them.

And it is impossible to spec 0/3 Nature's Bounty as well as 0/2 Empowered Touch. Just did my talent calc and you CANNOT get to the WG and Efflor tier without spending 1 point in either of those or useless PvP talents. And further more, you cannot get to ToL without 1 more point spent in either of those. Getting to those I am at 19 points spent, needing 20 to get to the next tier. So im am confuse.

I cannot see why you would count Nourish as a useless spell. It does not heal for a lot but it is dirt cheap for mana. Im at the point where i can use HT more than Nourish even on DPS but I still use Nourish on tanks to refresh LB and provide the heal component also. 5k heal + refreshed LB is better than manual LB refresh with 0 healing.

It is not about topping the meters so much as it is about doing our jobs as healers. I keep healing meters up just to make sure other healers are not slacking, not to pat myself on the back for reaching number one. I can hit #1 by a ton if i soak the 3 innervates in my raid as well as mana tide. Using HT on every party memeber, poping tree and rolling x3 LB on every target. If you used x3 LB on everyone in the raid you are draining ur entire mana reserve. I dont see how it is possible. I do x2 and WG Nourish and I still get drained by about 30-40%

If you are skeptical I posted my armory in another post in this thread.

Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.

It won't let me post my armory, so check out ChronicDose Mannoroth, Just Like You Imagined.

The second talent tree which I have up now, and should when I log tonight since I am raiding is the talent spec I am talking about that has 0/3 natures bounty 0/2 empowered touch. If you don't believe me just look. we just one shotted council and so far I am beating holy pally in similar gear by a small margin, but still am not falling behind whatsoever. Wish us luck on Chogall, we have a couple more attempts :P
    Nourish is useless as I reforge everything to haste not mastery, suing lb to fall off I barely EVER run out of mana, its cast is horribly slow even with the 15% haste talent I have. 4.0.6 comes and I get 30% bonus cast time with 3 rejuvs up it WILL Be viable, now it is not. I never ever use it. I do my job as the top healer, even with the worst numbers right now compared to any other healer. With 4.06 I will blow everyone out of the water.

Ah yea ic. I didnt spec into Blessing of the Grove becasue, at the time, I was hurting for mana and didnt use Rejuv as much. I guess its just a case of to each their own. Im sure your way works fine and I can see it working now.

One of the things i can see is your reforgeing is all over the place and a little confuseing.

You have crit going to mastery, spirit and haste.
    But then you have haste being converted to mastery,
    and spirit into haste.

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish that way, but it almost seems like you werent sure what to convert things to. Try and focus on a single thing instead of haveing things scattered all around.

15% haste for 15 seconds every 1 minute. Yes Definitely useless junk
    I am not using regrowt on ooc procs so I can easily control it and benefit from it if it is needed, try it .)

Regarding lifebloom bloom, you are there with other healers. In my case if the tank is at 50% HP and I have 3s remaining on LB I can say "ok now I let it bloom and it'll heal him nicely from 50% to the top with SM...". 1 sec remaining and booom ... greater heal, divine light ... and ..... LB 30k overheal. classic. The other healers are thinking the same as you so let them top him .)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they actually were stacking Ferals, and Method is the guild that did the Potion of Illusion screenie(Either as a tribute, or just to make fun of Paragon).

Oh, and OT: From my experiences, Holy Paladins just seem to have it easier than other healing classes, for some reason.
    They did use 11 Druids to stack their dot ( Rip ) . And Yes Method was the one to use Potion of Illusion to take the piss .

Just one piece of advice already mentioned is to use inervate early!

Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    I am not using regrowt on ooc procs so I can easily control it and benefit from it if it is needed, try it .)

Regarding lifebloom bloom, you are there with other healers. In my case if the tank is at 50% HP and I have 3s remaining on LB I can say "ok now I let it bloom and it'll heal him nicely from 50% to the top with SM...". 1 sec remaining and booom ... greater heal, divine light ... and ..... LB 30k overheal. classic. The other healers are thinking the same as you so let them top him .)
    This possibly can happen, but your raid should have designated healers for almost every fight, I.e in a 10 man 1 on each tank one on raid, if you are the one on tank no other healer should be randomly helping out unless there is MASSIVE incoming dmg and in that situation overheal should not be a problem whatsoever. This possibly could happen in 25 man I guess, but I still believe that healers should be split up amongst tanks and if you are 2 healers on one tank and you play together often you should get to know eachothers playstyle, i.e. have a feel for when LB will be bloomed. In my experience a druid should have by far the least overheal overall, due to the fact we are lacking in spike heals and hots will rarely be on those who are at or near 100%.

Seeing as my lb has high crit and can crit up to 40k+ , I let it bloom every time, unless the tank is at/near 100% You can do this by having good timing, to give good spike heals.
    For example tank is at 20% Lb has 3 seconds left. I Start a healing touch, refresh rejuv, let the lb tick off and swiftmend and immediately start building up lb back to 3. This will easily heal for 100k if not more and hopefully massively increase the tanks hp. With 4-5 seconds left on it you should always regrowth first to speed up your healing touch. I don't understand why anyone thinks that keeping lb on a target that is below 50% is good as its bloom is stronger then healing touch and swiftmend, and it has a high crit chance. Why would I want a skill other then LB to refresh LB... LBs ticks are insignificant to the amount of heals you can get from blooming it. In a situation where I have to pop tree, I stack 3 lbs up on everyone and let them fall off, and keep reapplying them to those who need it. This will heal the most per second with 3 lb and 3 coming off will be a good spike heal that you dont even have to do. This seems like simple logic to me, but I guess not everyone can see this.

If you still don't understand this I keep lb always refreshed if the tank is above 80% if I see him start dropping I do NOT Refresh it, and keep on rejuv healing touch or swiftmend (perhaps regrowth as well), I then let this fall off, and reapply the stacks asap.
    I understand your logic here, and it's something that I've been considering myself. I think you are correct in that it's better for a skilled player to be able to control your lifebloom restacking manually. Unfortunately, the talent also buffs your casted heals by 10%, and after 4.0.6, this will include Regrowth as well. So you have to choose between the flexibility of controlling your lifeblooms, and a 10% healing buff on all casted heals. I don't think that's fair for Blizzard to do that, but I've decided to go with the extra 10%.