Netgear WNR1000v2 Port Forwarding, please help

According to this page:
    http://portforward.com/english/route...f_Warcraft.htm

When I go to add custom service, it says to add Service Name, so I enter "World of Warcraft", but what do I use for the Server IP Address?

Also, when I try to add a second port for World of Warcraft, it says the name is already in use, so even if I could get this to work, I can only forward one port.

I suggest you reread that link. They named the different port rules different names.
    If i'm reading it correctly: name1, name2, name3, name4
    (and no, the name has nothing todo with the application, just a name for the rule)

As for the Server IP adress, that would your own computer network location. Tho i dont know what happens if you leave the last 3 digits blank. Does it do a range then?

The Service Name reflects the name of the service using the specific port you're opening. (E.G. I would use the name "SSH" when opening port 22)

You just need to use different names for each individual port you're opening.
    Furthermore, I would check your router for a "Recommended IP Address" capability. This will allow you to reserve a specific IP address for your machine so that the DHCP will attempt to serve you this same IP address each time. You then want to enter that address as your port forwarding address for the new port being opened.

You should be allowed to open a range of IPs via a different functionality but I think that should be dependent on the type of router you're using.
    Last edited by EverFX; 2011-01-31 at 08:51 AM.

never never portforward its a pit of utter despair

Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post
    never never portforward if u dont know what u are doing
    Fixed, also why?