Race/Class/Spec combos that just "fit"

Did you choose your 1st character easily? Did you agonize over the decision? Did you flippity floppity back and forth between races for hours?

I have a list in my head (which I will type here of course) of race/class/spec combos that just seem to "fit" ever so nicely together, for lore reasons, in-game reasons, aesthetic reasons, or just personal preference. QUICK - when you think of a Fury Warrior, what race is it?! For me, it's an Orc. Makes sense right? What with that former blood taint and all.

That was an easy one. What race most fits a Demonology Warlock, a Subtelty Rogue, an Elemental Shaman? Not so easy anymore. So I ask you, what Race/Class/Spec (Gender too if you wish) combinations do you feel fit the best?

My List:

Mage - For Fire and Frost I see Blood Elf. That one is for lore reasons. Arcane strikes me as more Draenei.

Priest - Discipline and Holy are very Draenei to me, having such a strong connection with the light. Plus I enjoy the female's casting animations. Shadow is all Night Elf, since I've raided with a Nelf Spriest since TBC.

Warlock - Easy to say Undead, But I prefer Troll for all specs.

Rogue - See above about undead, but gnomes and goblins are tied for both Subtelty and Assasination. Come on, a tiny assassin is awesome. Combat is more a toe-to-toe kind of guy, and I see that as a Dwarf. No sneaking, just face-stabbing.

Druid - Not much choice here. Male Tauren for kitty, bear and resto, simply by PvP'ing on Alliance side and seeing so many good ones. Nelfs are more Boomchickeny.

Hunter - Hunter, ah hunter. Hard choice here. Male Dwarf fits well since seeing the Vanilla cinematic, Marksmanship Troll since they have a long history as hunters, Beastmaster Orc for racials. Lots of great fits, but please, no Worgen with wolf pets. Just...seems...odd.

Shaman - Thrall. That is all.

Death Knight - Male Dwarves seem to fit Blood very well here. Imagine a stout little Dwarf that was killed, risen, and broke free of the LK's will? That's a pissed off Dwarf. With powers.

Warrior - Almost every race can make a case as an ironclad juggernaut, but for Prot I have specific choices: Tauren seem to have it in their nature to be protectors. Human as well, since the guy I've MT/OT'd with since BC is a human. Fury, as stated above seems Orcy. For Arms, since Ghostcrawler made the comment about Arms being "The one that gives their weapons pet names" Draenei really struck home for me. Specifically a Male Engineer (yes I'm getting profession specifc!). They certainly have the physical stature, and the idea of an intelligent, thinking warrior is cool.

Paladin - Human for many, many reasons. Lore supports this over and over again. Plus I <3 the male blocking animation. I'd consider Draenei for Prot if their shields didn't appear child-like in size.

As you can see, I am slightly biased to blue space goats. Those are my opinions anyway. Do you have clear lore choices or min/max racials? Choose at random? Share your opinion, tell me I'm wrong, make your own list and submit for those race changes!

Thrall is the shit, no doubt, I love his new model, but I love my male Goblin Shaman. Something about the irony in it is appealing. A 3 1/2 foot green killing machine, who bends the elements to his will using machinery, instead of calling to the aid of them, and an engineer to boot.

I know you said no to worgan with pets, But just seems to meld for me, I could be odd but spose there are worse things in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Human and undead priests seem really fitting imo. Especially for shadow i think undead is the perfect match
    Last edited by Garaya; 2011-01-31 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive always thought Tauren made good resto shamans from a lore point of view. Earth shield fits with the whole Earth Mother thing for me. Also, i think the ultimate shadow priests are Trolls. Ive just always thought it makes sense, shadowy blood ritualists worshiping dark primal gods with mayan/aztec style culture, akin to the priests from things like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, though undead come in a close second. Some things like hunter, warrior and priest fit a lot of races, as they seem like pretty core jobs to several cultures. From a profession point of view, dwarves strike me as the best Blacksmiths, gnomes/goblins as Engineers(ofc) and humans as tailors (and worgens now that i think about it!).
    Last edited by Irishform; 2011-01-31 at 05:46 AM.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    I know you said no to worgan with pets, But just seems to meld for me, I could be odd but spose there are worse things in the world
    It's all about your opinion man. I prefer Worgen Rogues myself. A freakin' werewolf jumping out of the shadows? Scary.

Epic sig btw.

I'll play!

Mage - Blood Elves all the way. Any Elf really though, except Night Elves due to their hate for magic, but there's always the Highborne.

Priest - Human or Undead strike me as the most natural races.

Warlock - Undead for Demo and Destro. Affliction fits for Troll really well since the Curses and DoT's are akin to a Witch Doctor. A Troll with a demon though just doesn't seem right to me.

Rogue - Gnomes, definitely, and Goblins.

Druid - Troll's to me always seemed like a great fit for a Druid, even though the teachings are a bit different than what Night Elves and Tauren practice, they've always been somewhat wild creatures with close relationships to their animal gods.

Hunter - Trolls make a good fit for Survival and Beast Mastery Hunter's, but Blood Elves, and the High Elves for that matter stick out to me as natural Marksmanship Hunters.

Shaman - Orcs, definitely.

Death Knight - Blood Elves make a good fit for this, especially after Arthas' assault on Quel'thalas. Being killed by him, raised by him, and brainwashed to fight for him, only to regain your free will and fight back in the end. I really don't think any other race has such strong ties to being a Death Knight, save for maybe Undead. I know a lot of people lol at the idea of an undead Death Knight, but you don't have to be killed to become a Death Knight, not to mention they've already been killed, so it wouldn't be raising them, just turning them.

Warrior - Orc, Human.

Paladin - Human, and to reach a bit, Undead. I'm sure there are more like Zeliek out there somewhere, not in any huge capacity, but if it happened to him, it's possible to happen to others. The story alone of how an Undead persevered through undeath and held onto their faith so strongly that the light just would not abandon them is awesome imo.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Most of these are extremely straightforward, yet you had some weird and unusual opinion.

Any unit that was in warcraft 3: what race were they in warcraft 3? There's your answer. You probably never played that game, though.

Prot/arms warrior: human
    Arms/fury warrior: orc
    priest: blood elf or human male
    paladin: human
    ele/enhance shaman: orc
    ele/resto shaman: troll
    resto shaman: tauren
    death knight: human
    warlock: human/orc
    hunter: NE female
    druid: NE male

the list goes on and on

There are some WoW staples too, like UD lock/rogue, BE mage, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know exactly why, but 9 times out of 10 when I see a Male Night Elf, I seem to automatically assume it's a Druid.

Oh, and also, Forsaken Rogue just seems so right to me. Or maybe so wrong. Either way, it really sticks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Deleted
    Shaman - Orc, Troll
    Warlock - Forsaken, Blood Elf
    Priest - Draenei, Human, and Forsaken(shadow)
    Warrior - Orc, Human
    Rogue - Forsaken, Troll, Night Elf and Blood Elf
    Druid - Tauren, Night Elf
    Death Knight - Orc, Human
    Paladin - Human
    Mage - Gnome, Human and Forsaken
    Hunter - Night Elf, Orc and Troll

Gnome mage!!!