Thread: Hunter race?

Deleted

Hunter race?

Mornin' folks,

I was wondering if I should change my hunters race, since im getting PVP mindet atm. Which race should I choose? Orc, Goblin, Troll or Undead? Im kinda splitted.

Orc or Troll. Orcs get a bonus to their pets, and Trolls get a bonus to bows.

But really, unless you're gunna change your race ANYWAY, it's not worth the 25$ just for the bonuses.

What is your race currently?

I think you should faction-change to a dwarf hunter for stoneform. After patch 4.0.6 it will become 10% damage reduction and most DoT, so its damn nice for pvp.

Goblin.

Free reverse disengage

orc>all. 15% reduced stun or sumthin, moar pet dmg, aswell as a AP "trinket" if i remember correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asciiguy View Post
    What is your race currently?
    Im Goblin atm.

Deleted
    Orc is the best Horde Hunter race. This has been proven time and time again in PvE. In PvP Its generally considered Orc or Goblin. Goblin has that free Disengage forwards, Orcs have that 15% stun resist, 5% extra pet damage and a really powerful free trinket. Troll may seem good, but remember that most of the BiS items are Crossbows. This renders their Bow racial useless. Haste is also horrible for a hunter. Absoulty horrible, so their haste racial is nowhere near as good as the Orcs AP racial.

Just for arguments sake (and becuase im Alliance), on the alliance side. Dreanai are the top PvE race with their 1% hit and a free, amazing HoT. However, Worgen are hot on the Dreanai's heels because of that 1% crit racial and a great, free Sprint. Worgen also have amazing Shadow resistance, which is useful in PvP against Warlocks. Sadly Dwarves have lost a lot of ground when it comes to PvP and PvE. Out of all the Alliance Vanilla races, Dwarves are probably the best PvE wise and second best PvP wise. But still, Dwarves only get the bronze medal in the long run for both Pve and PvP.

Now, what about Humans? Humans are probably the best PvP race in either Horde or Alliance. They have a free "Get me outta here!" Trinket from day 1 and they get rep a lot easier than other people. Personally i think , since Humans were the first race ever created in WoW, their animations suck. I wouldnt roll one, but if your a min-maxer who doesnt care about looks, go nuts!

TL : DR

I would go Orc if your Horde, Dreanai or Worgen if your Alliance
    Last edited by mmocb52457cc42; 2011-01-31 at 11:14 AM.

Goblin = best PvP race for any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevian8 View Post
    Goblin = best PvP race for any class.
    PvP-wise goblins' racial is much worse than human, undead or BE. So in other words you are wrong thinking that "amg leet pro jump" is something godsent for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalic View Post
    Im Goblin atm.
    goblin is beast for pvp since you get a reverse disengage and also good in pve since you get free rocket gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    PvP-wise goblins' racial is much worse than human, undead or BE. So in other words you are wrong thinking that "amg leet pro jump" is something godsent for pvp.

Nothing personal but why post things if you're not aware of what you're talking about? That "amg leet pro jump" is the most game breaking racial in the history of WoW PvP after the pre-nerfed version of WotF. It can counter so many things that no other racial can even dream of countering.

Of course it's not "omg another 1337 trinket" or "zomg interrupt rofl", which are less situation-dependant, thus recognised as superior by the untrained eye. But can AT, EMFH or any other racial:

1. Counter a Ring of Frost for a change?
    2. Maybe escape from a 5 sec Garrote (a 5 sec silence, obviously)?
    3. Hmm, can other racials help you waste his Heroic Leap?
    4. Instantly move you behind a pillar?

Just a few obvious and, at the same time, game breaking situations. I do not usualy respond if I notice that the person has very slim experience but I did because this might be helpful for the OP.

it really comes down to

Orc:
    15% stun resistance
    5% pet dmg
    on use 1.2k AP
    expertise on axe (not that valuable for a hunter buut wingclip is always there xD)

Gobbo:
    Forward disengage on a 2min cd (really nice for pesky warriors)
    1% haste
    and most importantly of all (imho) the size, this can make a difference if you either camouflage or just jump around (pets bigger than you ? gd bye clickers trying to click you)

Deleted
    This is copied from ElitistJerks

Even though they look from a PvE Point of View, you can have a good look to see what you would like for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitistjerks
    Since my character is an Orc, I used him for the basis of comparison. When doing the comparison, I did not bother optimizing gear beyond ranged weapons for the race. Analysis was done using Female Dwarf. Note that Female Dwarf averages the benefit of abilities like Blood Fury and Berserking; hence, in game use of the abilities at the correct time with stacking other abilities can result in better DPS than shown below. The difference in DPS between the races with no DPS racial is their base stats at 85.

Orc: Blood Fury for increased AP, Command for increased pet damage, and Hardiness for recovering from stuns/snares faster.

Troll w/ Bow: Bow Specialization for 1% crit, Berserking for haste, Da Voodoo Shuffle for snare resistance, and Regeneration. -17 DPS

Goblins: Time is Money for 1% attack speed. Rocket Jump for short burst movements and Rocket Barrage for some damage. -83 DPS

Worgen: Viciousness for 1% crit. Darkflight for increased movement speed and Aberration for decreased curse durations. -153 DPS

Dwarf w/ Gun: Gun Specialization for 1% crit, Frost Resistance, and Stoneform to remove some status ailments. -172 DPS

Troll w/o Bow: Berserking for haste, Da Voodoo Shuffle for snare resistance, and Regeneration. -205 DPS

Draenei: Heroic Presence for 1% hit, Shadow Resistance, and Gift of the Naaru for a heal. -209 DPS

Night Elf: Shadowmeld, Nature Resistance, Quickness to avoid damage. -336 DPS

Human: Every Man for Himself to shake off speed reduction and traps. -349 DPS

Forsaken: Will of the Forsaken to remove certain status effects and Shadow Resistance. -354 DPS

Dwarf w/o Gun: Frost Resistance, and Stoneform to remove some status ailments. -358 DPS

Taurens: War Stomp for a stun, Nature Resistance, and Endurance for extra health. -359 DPS

Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent for silencing nearby enemies and 15 focus every 2 mins and resistance to magic. -359 DPS

Gnome: Cannot be a hunter.

Not sure if its still going live, but keep in mind Stoneform is going to a 10% damage reduction instead of 10% armor increase (still including poison, blood and disease remove)

Quote Originally Posted by Armengar View Post
    Not sure if its still going live, but keep in mind Stoneform is going to a 10% damage reduction instead of 10% armor increase (still including poison, blood and disease remove)

Combined with Raptor Strike might be a nice "oh sh!t" move, although a bit too situational imo.

well, atleast it will it a bit more useful... full pvp gear, deterrence, stoneskin will keep the hordes on you and off anyone else for just a bit longer

Orc is definitely the best overall race for hunter. There are just way too many benefits to pass up. Goblin is a nice change from Orc, but not really enough to make me switch. Troll is pretty cool, even more so with MM dominance peeking on the horizon and the possible change between the interaction of haste and steady/cobra shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevian8 View Post
    Nothing personal but why post things if you're not aware of what you're talking about? That "amg leet pro jump" is the most game breaking racial in the history of WoW PvP after the pre-nerfed version of WotF. It can counter so many things that no other racial can even dream of countering.

Of course it's not "omg another 1337 trinket" or "zomg interrupt rofl", which are less situation-dependant, thus recognised as superior by the untrained eye. But can AT, EMFH or any other racial:

1. Counter a Ring of Frost for a change?
    2. Maybe escape from a 5 sec Garrote (a 5 sec silence, obviously)?
    3. Hmm, can other racials help you waste his Heroic Leap?
    4. Instantly move you behind a pillar?

Just a few obvious and, at the same time, game breaking situations. I do not usualy respond if I notice that the person has very slim experience but I did because this might be helpful for the OP.
    I don't see any point in making a list of uses for others racials to counter such a biased opinion