Quick Resto. theorycrafting

Hey all, quick question. I have both the spell power and the spirit Jewelcrafting trinks, and I recently got the Heroic Corrupted Egg Shell. The absorbtion effect is terrible in itself, so the only real use is for the MP5 you get while using it. Is it worth to put it on yourself for the mana you get? I replaced the spell power JC trink. for it and I lost about 5k mana. TY for any help!

EDIT: Random question, does the Disc. Mastery improve the absorb? Just a thought.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously a non regen trinket won't provide you with any mana, thus in terms of regen egg is better... But you're loosing quite a lot of spellpower, and some int (which gives a small boost to regen, crit etc).

Also your questions 'is it worth' has really no sense, because noone can answer you. We don't know your gear, your problems (is it going oom, or maybe small output).

But i consider the egg awfull.

Sorry, I suppose that is my fault. I meant mana regeneration as a total, and if it would be better than losing that amount of mana.
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Egg is terrible.

hey facerockker. i did some testing on this in game and decided this is a pretty bad trinket for resto shamans. here's why:

*this is completely because of the incoming change with patch 4.0.6*
    We want our trinkets to have spirit on them. right now (on the ptr) a shaman in avg iLevel 346 with spirit everywhere (gems/trinkets/gear/etc) will return just under 30k mana every 3 min..... to the whole raid. Also, it basically gives the shaman an additional 9k mana ontop of what u see already.

If you don't wanna be the mana battery the fact still stands for shamans... anything we wear we want stats on it. We are pretty dependent on Int(obviously) spirit (again, obviously) crit (mana return via talented mana shield) haste (ELW, and the other HoTs) mastery is meh but still workable.

*this is in consistency with current patch*
    we want trinkets with static int and spirit on use. like CoR. because of.... MANA TIDE!!!!! Mega spirit regen on use!! omnomnomnom.

TL;DR?
    the egg is rotten.

Woaaaah.

Thanks for the answer.

Deleted
    Has anyone actually tested the egg on PTR? Last I heard, some trinkets were working with Tide and others weren't. Jar of Ancient Remedies works for example, while Figurine doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Has anyone actually tested the egg on PTR? Last I heard, some trinkets were working with Tide and others weren't. Jar of Ancient Remedies works for example, while Figurine doesn't.
    Oh that's fun! Will make jar and tsunami a lot more attractive if this is the case. I haven't decided if I want to go for Fall of mortality/Tsunami or Fall of mortality/Jar - seeing as we will need all the regen help we can get with incoming tide changes.