Thread: how is this?

how is this?

since my computer broke i have been looking online for parts, i did a mock-up purchase and came up with this

how well would this run wow? and is there anything that could be improved without much extra cost? i have not included a case because im just going to re use my old one.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Avoid Cooler Master's eXtreme Power Plus and GX series of power supplies, they are nothing but junk. With that setup you would be very well off with this power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151074 However you're in New Zealand, so I'm not sure what all of your options are. But in the 400-500 watt category look for something from Seasonic or Antec.

The only other thing I could point out would be the graphics card. the 5450 is meant to be a decoder for video codecs for home theater PC's and is not by any means a gaming card. If you want something from AMD then I suggest starting at the 5670.

Deleted
    A 5450 is a HTPC card - it is roughly equivalent to Intel Integrated in terms of gaming performance. Throw that thing out.

changed the PSU to this
    what would you guys recommend in the graphics card department.
    edit: how well would a 5670 run for wow? or is there some other gpu card i should be going for.
    Last edited by shocktopuslol; 2011-01-31 at 06:55 AM.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.

Good choice on the power supply.

As far as the graphics card goes, there are very limited options on that site you're using so the best thing I could find that doesn't cost too much more is this: http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139...ctdetails.html

yeah we don't have a massive amount of options here in NZ when it comes to PC parts, atleast on sites that i have found. How well would that card run wow?
    <start epic wow theme>
    <more epic wow theme>
    <epic music peaks>

Deleted
    Don't buy that AMD crap anymore. Intels new 1155 processors are just amazing, i5-2500K gives you pretty much the best performance per dollar easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Don't buy that AMD crap anymore. Intels new 1155 processors are just amazing, i5-2500K gives you pretty much the best performance per dollar easily.
    And here we go again..
    As far as CPUs go, the world isn't black/white. There's no one right answer. The build he put together will run WoW very well, and he's clearly on a budget.
    And as someone living in Sweden, I can sympathize with awful pricing. *throws some jealousy and hate toward newegg*
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    And here we go again..
    As far as CPUs go, the world isn't black/white. There's no one right answer. The build he put together will run WoW very well, and he's clearly on a budget.
    And as someone living in Sweden, I can sympathize with awful pricing. *throws some jealousy and hate toward newegg*
    Yeah, I was waiting for the i5 fanatics to show up. I have an i5-2500K, and while it's an amazing CPU, you're not a troglodyte if you don't have one.

OP: Anything starting with Radeon 5670 or higher will run WoW well. 5770 or 6850, if you can find them inexpensively where you are, are spectacular. On the NVIDIA side, the GTS450 runs WoW well but lags in other games. If you can find a GTX260 or GTX460, even used, those'll give you good bang-for-buck ratios. Hell, even a 9800GT is a fantastic card for the prices you're likely to have to pay for one, I ran Ultra 1680x1050 on a 9800GT with no issues at all.