Deleted

Chimaeron 10 heroic!

Hi guys!
    I feel so bad about being forced to do this topic, but after 8hrs of whiping thanks to RNG on Chimaeron, I feel forced to ask for help.
    So if any1 have done this figth in 10man(heroic), I would be very thankful for any assistance at all.

Raid Setup:
    Tanks:
    Protection Warrior. Fully tier11 geared from all content, part from heroic. Using all the avoidance he can get.
    Tank DK. Same as the warrior
    DPS DK.

Healers:
    Resto Shaman.
    Resto Druid.
    Holy Priest / Holy Paladin.

DPS:
    Moonkin. Haste buff + Motw
    Warlock. DI + Mana/hp reg.
    Rogue. Tricks, vanish, can tank for 10sec in p3.
    Warrior. Critrating to the raid.

DPS: All of our dps, part from the extra dk tank is pulling about 20k at start, and going down to about 16-17500 thanks to feud. So it should be enough.
    Healers: Our healers are not even going near being Oom.
    Tanks: Part from when they get 2-4breaks, they survive everything without any big problem at all.

Best Try so far: 7%

The Problem:

The first nigth we tried this boss we got him down to 7% without any big problems at all. We were new to the figth and thougth the Feud was going on smoothly.

The second nigth we went there it was hell.... We keept getting 3 feuds in a row every single god damn fucking try. That means that our Feud Tank was having 2-4stacks of break during it. He was oneshooted and we could just say..."hey... maybe we were unlucky there.. let's try again!"... but no... that lucky try never came when we atleast had 1 massacre between a feud.

As our dubbleattack tank couldnt take any breaks(break,dubble attack and the aoe ability kinda hurts) we tried to use GS and other important abilities when he was close to 4 stacks. Sometimes it worked, sometimes he was just gibbed if he didnt dodge anything...

Ofc the simplest solution to this problem would be to throw in another tank.... But that would also mean less dps in p3, and probb a whipe from the 2k/2sec AOE effect.

So any1 got any tips on this? Should we throw out our priest and take our paladin so he can bubble the feud tank? We do have CR + Bubble then which would mean that we can probb survive 2x Feuds with 4breaks. Dunno if it's enough tho...

Thanks in advance!
    //Rosesred

We just rotate the fued tanks if one has breaks. The tank with the breaks takes the double attack with a CD, can survive with two breaks in my experience .

a tank with break should not tank feud

normally until feud ur dps dk should get ALL stacks of break
    then one real tank tanks the feud phase with cds for doublestrikes
    dps dk taunts after feud
    the other real tank who did not tank feud (no break stacks!) tanks doublestrikes now
    the tank who did the first feud phase should lose his break stacks

anyway worst heroic boss yet
    Last edited by adnre; 2011-01-31 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Bring a disc priest if you can easily handle p1 with 4 dps and 3 tanks, and then p2 will be easier since the disco bubble takes some ticks away, and spamming power word: shield on the raid also absorbs the 2k damage tick, very useful.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    We just rotate the fued tanks if one has breaks. The tank with the breaks takes the double attack with a CD, can survive with two breaks in my experience .
    we are doing it the same way.
    after you are able to handle the breaks / feuds the fight is pretty routine, until P2 hits. you have to pray for 1-2 dodges on your tanks, or you will simply not have the time for the kill before chimaeron kills the raid.

you'll need every bit of dps you can get in p2, so your healers should take 1-2 dps talents as well. denounce for holydins for example.

after our first kill last week we still wiped about 20 times last night, due to avoidance - rng in p2.
    so even if you have the routine to get to p2 smoothly (meaning healing the raid full after massacre, then take the % down to p2) it all comes down to rng avoidance.

great encounter!

Deleted
    RNG on feud sucks yeh. You have to get pretty unlucky to have both tanks with break debuffs, although it does definitely happen every now and then.

A tank should never tank during feud with break debuffs, maybe manageable ONCE with 1/2 if you use max defensive cds and luck out on avoidance but usually a wipe right there.

We have a feral dps with thick hide talented taunting double attack after feud to allow break to run out on the first break tank. Then it's just rince and repeat and hope you don't get mega unlucky with feud timers.

Also try to push chim during feud to allow mass aoe healing before going into p2.

Deleted
    We havent downed him yet but we got him to 0,8% hp(about 300k hp) and numerous whipes below 3%. Heres our raid setup:
    Tanks:
    Ret pala with Righteous Fury
    Prot Warrior

Healers:
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest
    Resto Druid(Me)

DPS:
    Demo Lock
    Boomkin
    2 Hunters
    Fire Mage

You do need to be lucky with the feuds however, the try we got him down to 0,8% there was a feud phase where our tank had 4 breaks but dodged/parried most of the damage. After like 50+ whipes we fixed a CD rotation with a good synergy and got him low in p2 in pretty much every try.

First Feud
    We had me(Resto druid) solo healing the tank through all the feuds while the pala and the priest kept the raid up. First feud our tank use Shield Wall + Last stand and he has no breaks so I can easily keep him up.

Second Feud
    This ones a bit tricky. If the Break debuff is still on the tank during this feud pray to the WoW gods your tank doesnt take a full non-mitigated hit. It's very important to top the tank after massacre so the holy pala uses his LoH to do that. When the Double Strike debuff is on the boss our tank tells our priest to cast Guardian Spirit on him. Right after the double strike the holy pala Bubbles + Sac on the tank to avoid having him 1-shot by a normal attack.

Third Feud
    When this happens you want to have him as close to 21% as possible without actually pushing him that far. Tanks CDs should be up again so you should be able to heal through. After the massacre I use Tree Form+Tranq and our Boomkin Tranqs as well to top the raid for p2. When ppl are at about 50% our dps starts pushing him towards p2.

Phase 2
    This is by far the hardes part of the fight(Phase 1 isnt hard, just RNG). We have our priest shielding people using Threat Meter as a priority list. Our Ret pala always dies instantly during this phase and I combat ress him right away. After that when our Boomkin gets aggro we BoP him. He then targets Hunter1 who uses deterrence and feign to buy us time. BoP wears off and he kills our Boomkin. Hunter2 gets aggro, Deterrence + Feign. Then our Mage gets aggro and uses Mirror Images(It takes a full 15 seconds for him to kill all 3 of them) and Invis. After this he just kills us off one by one.

Suggestions
    1. Get rid of the Shaman Healer and have both a Holy Priest and a Holy Pala. Both outheals a Shaman every day of the week and brings more to the table.
    2. Get rid of the second "real" tank or have him specc dps. You will lack dps in p2 if you dont.
    3. We also had a rogue. With full ilvl 356 gear he had about 72% dodge + like 5% parry. Some tries with perfect feuds we whiped because of the 23% he lacked in avoidance.
    4. Heres how many seconds of free dps our setup buys us:

Tank Warrior using Last Stand after getting hit(Worst case scenario aka no Dodges/Parries) - 10 seconds
    2 Hunters - 20 seconds
    Mage - 15 seconds
    Thats a total of 45 seconds if you have your raid above 90k hp going in to p2.

I know replacing people is hard(Our Shammy Healer guild master got replaced) but the RNG on this boss is a lot less forgiving on 10-man.

//Apeshaft

Deleted
    having only 2 tanks (1 prot 1 Offtank) makes you very very susceptible to feud-rng. i would not recommend that tactic.

+ leaving out on the shaman means no Bloodlust, a heavy disadvantage for phase 2...

"Phase 2
    This is by far the hardes part of the fight(Phase 1 isnt hard, just RNG)."

maybe for your setup, since you have 2 hunters and mirror images.
    for most other setups, that use 2 tanks + 1 offtank Phase 2 is the most RNG. We ususally wipe if the tanks have no lucky avoidance in P2.
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2011-01-31 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    having only 2 tanks (1 prot 1 Offtank) makes you very very susceptible to feud-rng. i would not recommend that tactic.

+ leaving out on the shaman means no Bloodlust, a heavy disadvantage for phase 2...

"Phase 2
    This is by far the hardes part of the fight(Phase 1 isnt hard, just RNG)."

maybe for your setup, since you have 2 hunters and mirror images.
    for most other setups, that use 2 tanks + 1 offtank Phase 2 is the most RNG. We ususally wipe if the tanks have no lucky avoidance in P2.
    1. With 3 tanks they will lack dps considering that their dps is on par with ours.

2. Both Mages and Hunters got BL and brings a lot of utility to this fight. In 10-man the setup is very important. And its in p2 they are whiping. Adding those extra seconds to dps would probably net them a kill.

3. We had a setup similar to theirs and found that adding more RNG to the equation is not the way to go. Therefore we adapted.

He wouldve gone down for us yesterday if we used our current setup earlier. Third try with that setup got us to 0,8% after whiping at 5%+ using the other one. Unfortunately it was late by then and people had to go. But hes going down tonight.

Deleted
    Thanks for the awsome reply's guys !

Will have an "officer" meeting later on tonigth and then give it a try.

Btw. Does BoP clear break?

Prolly running with a holypaladin 2nite, so would be quite awsome if it did clear break..

Damn.. Can't remember any boss that has required me to do so much planning, thinking and preparing. Wotlk, part from yoggy( no ligth) surley had no figths like these ones...
    God I'm Loving it

Thanks yet again!
    //Rosie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosesred View Post
    Thanks for the awsome reply's guys !

Will have an "officer" meeting later on tonigth and then give it a try.

Btw. Does BoP clear break?

Prolly running with a holypaladin 2nite, so would be quite awsome if it did clear break..

Damn.. Can't remember any boss that has required me to do so much planning, thinking and preparing. Wotlk, part from yoggy( no ligth) surley had no figths like these ones...
    God I'm Loving it

Thanks yet again!
    //Rosie.
    BoP does not remove break. We learned the hard way. Gl tonight

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 07:25 PM ----------

Just downed him first try tonight rofl!