Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blazing Speed versus Improved Blink

Hello.

So, I've just recently come back to WoW and leveled my Mage up to 85.. now stuck with trying to decide between Improved Blink and Blazing Speed (for PvP, obviously.)

I searched but wasn't able to find too much discussion on this and curious what you guys roll with and why.

I feel like Blazing Speed + 1/2 Impact is better, due to blazing speed removing movement debuffs even if it's RNG. Plus, even with only 5% chance it's likely Impact will proc at some point and it has a pretty long duration if I remember from my brief play with Fire correctly. Improved Blink is fantastic as it's on call every 15 seconds but it doesn't remove movement slowing effects (although obviously removes snares) and doesn't last nearly as long.

Considering I do mostly BGs and that means I'll have lots of melee hitting me, it would seem like blazing speed wins out. But RNG isn't my favorite and maybe I'm missing the true gem quality of Improved Blink.

Thoughts?

The nice thing about blazing speed is that there seems to be no internal cooldown. I have personally proc'd blazing speed 4 times in a row, one after another.
    Hotfish - Kil'jaeden

Deleted
    Blazing Speed requires you to get hit.. Imp Blink might save you from getting hit at all

If your frost, don't take blazing speed. The amount of roots, slows and CC you are allowed to have as a frost mage should prevent you from being hit anywhere near as much to make it useful.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

For frost the Imp blink is best.

I dont think that the Blazing speed is worth it unless you got Molten Shields aswell which is gonna bring Blazing speed massivly ahead of imp blink

Quote Originally Posted by robob View Post
    Blazing Speed requires you to get hit.. Imp Blink might save you from getting hit at all
    Blazing speed also procs from absorbed damage. It can proc with ice barrier and other shields still up.
    Hotfish - Kil'jaeden

The question of whether to sub spec fire or arcane for frost does not revolve around blazing speed, it is about impact.

Impact vs Imp Blink is the appropriate debate, and because of the obvious differences in the function of either, the answer becomes dependent on your comp, your play style, and the teams that you face.

Blazing speed is a mediocre talent when compared to the alternatives considering it only works to remove root effects, not slows, at a 10% chance fully talented (unless of course you are deep fire and have molten shields).

Deleted
    Imp blink because you choose when to use it (and you won't have a blazing speed proc every 15s when you have a cac on you)

IN THIS CORNER, EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE QQ MAGE SPELL, Now back with its talented, Juking speed increase... ITS BLINKK!!!!!!!

and in the other corner, A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!! BACK AND BETTER THEN BEFORE!!!! Proccing on BOTH MELEE strikes AND ABSORBED DAMAGE (in the fire tree), IT EVEN DISPELLS SNARES CURRENTLY AFFLICTED ON YOU!!!!! ITS BLAZING SPEED!!!!

but in all seriousness. blazing speed helps when being trained, while improved blink can help juke casts. Both can let you kite, depending on what you're fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

Quote Originally Posted by Tassir View Post
    IN THIS CORNER, EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE QQ MAGE SPELL, Now back with its talented, Juking speed increase... ITS BLINKK!!!!!!!

and in the other corner, A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!! BACK AND BETTER THEN BEFORE!!!! Proccing on BOTH MELEE strikes AND ABSORBED DAMAGE (in the fire tree), IT EVEN DISPELLS SNARES CURRENTLY AFFLICTED ON YOU!!!!! ITS BLAZING SPEED!!!!

but in all seriousness. blazing speed helps when being trained, while improved blink can help juke casts. Both can let you kite, depending on what you're fighting.
    Blazing speed does not dispel snares. It removes roots, stuns, and anything that completely prevents movement, but slows are not removed.
    Hotfish - Kil'jaeden

Blazing Speed does not give you control, Improved Blink does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliethlol View Post
    The question of whether to sub spec fire or arcane for frost does not revolve around blazing speed, it is about impact.

Impact vs Imp Blink is the appropriate debate, and because of the obvious differences in the function of either, the answer becomes dependent on your comp, your play style, and the teams that you face.

Blazing speed is a mediocre talent when compared to the alternatives considering it only works to remove root effects, not slows, at a 10% chance fully talented (unless of course you are deep fire and have molten shields).
    ^This should be what's debated. Everyone focusing on Blazing Speed is missing why most Mages sub-spec into fire nowadays.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Seriously what is going on in this thread?

It's Impact vs. Imp Blink. Nothing else.

I'd go with Improved Blink. Blazing Speed is almost always guaranteed not to proc when you need. However, if you play an arcane spec, you can pick up both.
    Last edited by Blazen56k; 2011-02-07 at 09:29 PM.

BS only gives you root removal, is RNG, and you need to get hit with it.

IMP blink is guaranteed 100%, removes roots/stuns etc (well, with blink that is) and can help if blink glitches (speed increase guarantees you get some distance) and helps tremendously when chasing down pillar humpers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay...you sub-spec Fire for IMPACT, not Blazing Speed. Focus up here people.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    If your frost, don't take blazing speed. The amount of roots, slows and CC you are allowed to have as a frost mage should prevent you from being hit anywhere near as much to make it useful.
    You don't play a mage do you? lol. Or at least you haven't played against teams with a MMR higher than 1800. Any team with any knowledge of arena in Cataclysm focuses the mage because mages have too much control atm but they're easy to kill. The mage is the main target 95% of the time in almost every comp.

I've tried both and very much prefer impact + blazing speed. Impact procs ALOT and the extra stun is immensely helpfull agains melee, and as an interrupt against casters. With blink you're already getting distance, and I find the extra spring is often more than I need. I'd rather get an extra excape mechanism when being focused. (it also procs on ranged and while shielded etc)

edit: Note that I'm not a pro pvp'er and only play for points

Deleted
    Most mages (53.3%) beetween 2k4 rating and 2k6 rating use improved blink (Source). Btw, I think i didn't see any vid on warcraftmovies where the mage uses impact ...

Gladiators-
    - including, but not limited to, Erase and Vileroze both take 2 pts Impact and 1 pt Blazing Speed.
    Impact makes fire blast another cc/interrupt and having that in rated is basically why.

Blazing Speed is not as important. Improved blink simply can't compete.

Edit: The exception to this is if you are doing arena rather than rated and have a partner (like a rogue) that will put your stuns on dr with abilities like kidney shot. In that case Imp blink spec is better.

End of discussion
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary
    Last edited by kaskadereno; 2011-02-08 at 11:35 PM.