Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Divine Shield got changed from 12 second duration to 8 second, QQ, bubblehearthing has been the iconic Paladin ability since Vanilla, get over your little snare-break loss.
    But the immunity was never changed. The duration "nerf" was mainly a slight putting-in-place, while conveniently also fixing the probably never intended bubblehearth.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Because running away like a little girl after failing at ganking someone is a game breaking mechanic. Also what someone else says you can do that with any other class and a 1,5second mount too. It just takes 1,5seconds more.
    Exactly, other classes have better CCs for that. A full, undiminished and un-broken 10sec CC is enough to drop combat and mount up. Not that they would balance classes for ganking, anyway.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Druids should either have to switch out of birdform while mining, or blizzard should add a mining pick animation to the flight form. I'd prefer option #2

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Druids should either have to switch out of birdform while mining, or blizzard should add a mining pick animation to the flight form. I'd prefer option #2
    Shapeshifted druids can't mine, you drop out of the form. Even if I had Mining, I'd be ok with that, it makes no sense that a bird or cat or bear could break stone to extract ores, but they can pick up plants, or flay a corpse to gather its skin, this would take time, but so does skinning by a humanoid with a knife, the ingame cast time is a game mechanic anyway, this counts for many other activities as well.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-01-31 at 03:07 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Shapeshifted druids can't mine, you drop out of the form.
    Ah, must have been my hate for the herbing druids that messed up my memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer View Post
    Did they change the first cinematic for Cataclysm either? No. Your point is invalid.
    What are you exactly trying to tell me here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    wait what?

Open as feral kitty on unsuspecting [class]

Get a beating

Cyclone

Cat>Dash>go far away>Flight form

Rinse and repeat untill the unsuspecting class makes a mistake and dies.

???

profit
    Well for one if your a druid and HAVE to use this tactic to win....you should rethink your class choice. A cast time would ruin the feel of being able to shift in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrak View Post
    Well for one if your a druid and HAVE to use this tactic to win....you should rethink your class choice. A cast time would ruin the feel of being able to shift in and out.
    Right now you just roll feral, bleed, and then peace out. It's even better than putting up dots and just going bear form!
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter View Post
    They better not add a cast time to it
    The entire point of the shape-shift is to have a instant cast in comparison to other mounts.
    The point of flightform shapeshift being instant cast is to keep it congruous with other druid shapeshifts. That it has this benefit over using other mounts is simply a perk by association.

Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post
    After removing 6-year-old rootbreaking from shapeshifting, Blizzard can do anything to break the broken class even more. They might as well remove it completely next patch or so.
    Rootbreaking was a minor (though impactful) characteristic of a fundamental ability in transformation. While with Bizzard it's 'never say never,' without a complete class redesign around it they would not add a 1.5 second cast time to transformations in general as that would have dramatic impact on the class as a whole requiring a lot of performance tweaks and rebalancing to make up for it (think about druid PVP w/ 1.5 second shifts... ferals doing a BR or Innervate in PVE... etc).

They could simply apply it to flight form, though then that would lack congruity with the other forms. Instant flight form really only offers a slightly easier escape option to NE druids via shadowmeld, so isn't very impactful to the game as a whole, but if blizzard really wanted to offer homogeneity to nerf this or cater to other classes' complaints wanting instant mounts, they already have another vehicle by which to offer it:

Vial of the Sands. It's a transformation spell -- why not just modify it so that the caster instantly transforms into the drake? Similarly, it could allow for herbing 'in form.' No it's not easily available to everyone who would want it, but gold isn't that difficult to earn towards the cost even if one doesn't have gatherers to assemble the gatherable portion of the mats.