Shadow PVP - Enchant, gems and caps

I'm preparing my pvp build, and I'm kinda lost for the gems, enchants, caps and mainly about spell penetration.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    red socket: int
    yellow socket: int/haste
    blue socket: spell pen, int/spell pen, hit(or sprit) if your not capped

get the spell pen cloak and another spell pen gem and that should be plenty. the idea with spell pen is to negate the resistance buffs(kings,mark, ect.) but im pretty sure te spell pen cloak and a spell pen gem is enough to counter it. someone please correct me if im wrong.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Yes.. spell pene cloack (blue one) and a purple gem with int and spell pene will do the work .. or just buy vicios one and your done with it already..
    for gems as shadow intel and haste at the best as you can! blue intel and spirit .. and make sure your hit capped.. all reforging after beeing hitcapped will go to haste!

Deleted
    Spellpenetration until 195, then maximize your Resilience while trying to favor Int in Red, Resilience in yellow and Spirit in blue sockets.

Oh and get a Frostmage partner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you want to be safe it's actually 250 for mages with mage armor if I'm not entirely mistaken.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

Red: Int
    Yellow: Int / Haste
    Blue: Int / Spirit

Go for 4% hit (3% for draenei), while reforging your pvp gear with hit/spirit/crit secondary stats on it to haste. Maximize haste after int and resil, it is by far your best secondary stat.

Vicious Drape of Diffusion (spell pen cloak) will cap your spell penetration for most situations. If you use the blue cloak instead, you'll need to add 1 spell pen gem.

Would you guys say full satin or 2 set satin and 2 set mooncloth?

2set + 2set.
    PEWPEW

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sennzlol View Post
    2set + 2set.
    in 4.0.6 mooncloth 4 set is getting changed to a mini hand of freedom for 4 seconds everytime you cast bubble. all disc and shadow priests are gona be rolling with this set bonus. also seen some blue posts on how classes are abusing two 2set bonuses for the resil and in season 10 their thinking about making it to prevent this. imo the only classes that use 2, 2 sets is shamans, priests, and boomers. their the only classes that really need it cuz they get tunneled.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    in 4.0.6 mooncloth 4 set is getting changed to a mini hand of freedom for 4 seconds everytime you cast bubble. all disc and shadow priests are gona be rolling with this set bonus. also seen some blue posts on how classes are abusing two 2set bonuses for the resil and in season 10 their thinking about making it to prevent this. imo the only classes that use 2, 2 sets is shamans, priests, and boomers. their the only classes that really need it cuz they get tunneled.
    i dont think u will find all priests will be taking 4set mooncloth and 2+2 sets blats wont get changed till next season so ill take my 400resi and better secondary stats thankems, and only gem spell pene if ur a tailor else u want cloak + cloak enchant, resists are wank cloak+cloak enchant will ensure ur not resisted against mages...

Personally i'd take 50 intellect (benefits every game) over the chance of finding a holy pally + frost mage team, and getting a resist that forces a loss on that game.

As shadow, you're going to want to spam dispel the mage anyways, so any shadow protection buff other then the aura will be gone.