Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    You're not too intelligent yourself for falling back on the "pures should do more dps" argument.
    The only fight Hunters "strive" on is Atramedes, and? It's one fight, look at Warlocks and Maloriak. Maybe you should actually go to that site you linked and look at the numbers instead of being dumb and just going with what everyone else says? Lol.

Then I plan on sticking around, I have never played Ret =)
    i wasn't quoting you and i far as i have seem you have been making blatant attempts to derail this topic.

but back to what we are discussing, are you guys adjusting your setting to compensate for the changes, also look at some of the reforging it can make a lot of difference.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Stopped reading when people started up the pure/hybrid shit.

you don't hybrid up the place in groups. You are either DPS, Tanking, or Healing. any mix attempted will make you halfassed in any fields mixed. When's the last time you had a non-rogue/mage/hunter/lock go and do the other possible role or roles they are capable off and actually perform decently at it. I don't mean wipe on a pull, swap specc and gear and try again I mean mid fight before the wipe. It doesn't happen, you set up and gear for ONE role and one role only.

You want hybrids to suffer a dps loss because they have the ability to take on an additional role that they'll most likely never utilize? Then groups should be penalized for taking too much pure dps. Granted that's my oppinion on the matter cause the arguments will only progress to a level that makes that line of thought sound like fundamental basics and pure genius.
    get off it dude, this is a discussion aobut hunters after the patch not hybrids. alot of ppl are coming in to troll this but we are trying to discuss the changes and how they will effect us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to be outrageously harsh in my infractions for this thread. Everyone needs to stop the rage tears for the love of Boubouille
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    i wasn't quoting you and i far as i have seem you have been making blatant attempts to derail this topic.

but back to what we are discussing, are you guys adjusting your setting to compensate for the changes, also look at some of the reforging it can make a lot of difference.
    I have actually been OT for the most part.

The bottom line is, Hunters will still have two VERY VIABLE specs come next patch, even though Surv is being lowered by 2-4%.

also i was looking inot weapon speed a bit for mm and it seems that the pvp is our bis wep still even as mm. are you guys seeing the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a side note, and i dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but uhwell.
    everyone is going on about how survival is overpowered, blah blah, did u all happen to see the world first heroic boss kills from the top guilds in the world and their DPS charts? now im gonna assume the hunters they take with them are pretty damn good at what they do (world 1st guilds would probably require that kind of thing) and they are all in particularly nice raid gear, not in one of those posts of their overall DPS for the boss fights was a hunter at the top, a couple of them, the hunter(s) were not even in the top 5.. and yes i know, every other class seems to scale better with gear, etc etc. i do play a hunter, it has been my main since vanilla release, surv does need to be brought into line a little, and for all of you "omg its a 2k dps loss" look again, because its closer to a 1k-1.3k loss, which, will still leave u lightyears ahead of 95% of the people that "dps" yet are unable to comprehend how to actually do more than 5k dps in a heroic, and we are getting baseline abilities buffed which will allow all the ppl that dont love surv all that much to finally play competitively as BM or MM in raids and not be stuck in 1 spec like the 1st year and a half of WoTLk, after all its just a game and we're MEANT to be having fun
    Whats a signature?

I have actually been OT for the most part.
    yes i agree, i left out the not some how, my bad. that was meant to read you have not been trying........

3 of the top 4 are pure deeps, this is good, if anything nerf DK's and buff dps priests a bit !!.....Difference between top and bottom (in top 5) is 23.6k to 23.1k dps.....doesnt seem to be any problem there.

Now look deeper than headline, have a look at each raid boss, of the 13 bosses, SV hunters top <insert drum roll please> TWO bosses.

They are in the top 3 on about 66% of raid bosses....this is a well done blizz for aspect of the fox and fights that dont penalise range so much.

Looking at the state of DPS now that most guilds have some raid bosses down.....I would

Buff Elemental Shammies, Hunter BM, MM, Mage Forst n Arcane.

No need to touch Hunter SV they are about .4% ahead of DK's (they need a nerf) and 2% ahead of locks, rogues n fire mages.

yes i agree, i left out the not some how, my bad. that was meant to read you have not been trying........
    Ah, simple mistake =)

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeheil View Post

No need to touch Hunter SV they are about .4% ahead of DK's (they need a nerf) and 2% ahead of locks, rogues n fire mages.
    Problem is, they have already been touched. It takes a lot to make Blizz go back something they want to put in. (see Ring of Valor, and real names on the forums).

I'd say at this point, start learning the Marksman rotation and researching stat weights etc...just roll with the punches.

(or accept slightly lower dps at Survival)

Ppl saying SV was scaling to well with gear need to look a little closer at the stats. hunters were furthest ahead in heroics, and the gap was closer in 359 gear to with in 100 - 1500 dps and in 372 gear SV hunters are nearly 3k dps behind the top.

that being said SV is dead for non AOE fights but it will still have its place until they give MM an AOE ability, or hunters will no longer be relied on as an AOE class, as most heroic guilds already consider them bottom AOE of the barrel even as SV.

MM does scale better with gear then SV, however it is slightly behind most classes and highly dependent on wep damage, meaning : start farming your arenas now if you are not on hardmode Atramedies.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-01-31 at 09:24 PM.

Hunters are a pure DPS class, meaning we have 3 DPS talent trees, we are in the hunter forum discussing hunters topics, and some of us are even hunters.
    That's all fine. However in this thread people have been using the term "pure DPS", and the meaning has been "I'm a pure and I should be doing more damage than hybrids". And well, that's not true at all.

and no, no matter how important you think you and your ideas are its is not ok for you to come here and derail the topic on your hybrid this and that rant.
    I'm not here to derail threads, you're doing it just fine on your own.

enjoy your temp ban at least we will have little time to discuss without you.
    Lulz!

What the fuck does me being a pally have to do with anything?

http://stateofdps.com/

This is why it was needed.

umm.....so a pure dps class is at the top.with 2 others in there. Along with 2 hybrid classes. Warlock hunter rogue mage should be the top. Mage should be in there as well. If its all they bring ie pure dps then why bitch if there high. Im soooooooo sick of the same old crap. Meh cry whine he beats me an dhe pushes 2 buttons meh whine tears. Those numbers are acheived by great hunters lining up cooldowns controllling there pet and managing there focus. I hav eseen bad hunters pull nothng because they cant do it right. Had a dknot knowing he should pop pillar of frost after his strength trinkets. ridiculous.

By your logic hinter will be around enhance shamans who are a hybrid then warlocks will be top..........we gonna nerf them next when peeps cant catch up? someone has to be top period. That will be the person who plays perfectly. Or close to it. Not missing cooldowns so on. If everyone in your raid played to th emax then the State of dps would be accurate.
    I dont play my hunter anymore and teh numbers are fine. To me a nerf is alwasy bad. I wish they would mess with slight buffs instad of nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, they have already been touched. It takes a lot to make Blizz go back something they want to put in. (see Ring of Valor, and real names on the forums).

I'd say at this point, start learning the Marksman rotation and researching stat weights etc...just roll with the punches.

(or accept slightly lower dps at Survival)
    ^ this
    i dont understand why everyone is acting like this "nerf" is the death of survival, so we will be pulling 16k dps in a heroic instead of 17k (i pushed 21k on vanessa vancleef in heroic deadmines yesterday, after this patch ill only do 19-20k! QQ)
    Whats a signature?

Hi there. Mages are a pure dps class. They should be at the top of the...oh wait...nm. There goes that arguement hunters. How about instead accept that survival dps is too high, because it is. It's nice to be at the top of the meters and all, but being ignorant because you want to keep riding the gravy train isn't constructive in the least, especially for your class. It can cause major issues down the line. Look at the state of rogues at wrath launch. That was due to ignorance. I mean if anything I would want props for being a great player, and not because of the spec I am playing. Unfortunately in a situation where these two traits are present, hunters are king of the mountain. There's just no other way to say it.

Apparently my last two comments were considered flaming, what a joke.

Ooookay. We're done with this thread.