Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

it's the end of the world as we know it...

http://thedailywh.at/post/3033437416...om-and-dad-are

Am I GLAD that I am not a literature student at Ohio State University...

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    http://thedailywh.at/post/3033437416...om-and-dad-are

Am I GLAD that I am not a literature student at Ohio State University...
    I quit society
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... am... so... pissed... off... right... NOOOOOOOOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    to study how people can get obsessed over meaningless nonsenses
    I can answer that in 3 simple words: People are stupid.

Longer answer: It's much more comfortable to get absorbed into fiction than to live life. In fiction, there is good and evil, right and wrong, etc., whereas life contains nothing but gray.
    Last edited by Luminar; 2011-01-31 at 09:03 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst people on the planet? People who attack one brand of ANYTHING for any reason. People who hate on twilight are no better than hitler, IMO.

Twilight is an abomination of literature. I bet a fourth grader could write better than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Actually read the comments, more schools require you to read it, to study how people can get obsessed over meaningless nonsenses or to describe one of the worst books of all time
    Yes but this was for intro to fiction, and as far as literature goes, it's not even a good romance novel. Even romance novel give their characters better characterization and depth, and the plot is formulated and less flat. There's a lot of literary reasons why this book is bad, and if you want to critique bad literature, you don't need to buy the whole damn book.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorGang View Post
    Worst people on the planet? People who attack one brand of ANYTHING for any reason. People who hate on twilight are no better than hitler, IMO.
    Oh yes, because hating a thirteen year old girls fantasy romance story is as bad as slaughtering 10 million people. /rolleyes

As for an "Introductory into Fiction" course, they should require The Lord of the Rings and War of the Worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    I can answer that in 3 simple words: People are stupid.

Longer answer: It's much more comfortable to get absorbed into fiction than to live life. In fiction, there is good and evil, right and wrong, etc., whereas life contains nothing but gray.
    IE. Life's a bitch, and then you die...

Any questions?

No but seriously, TV shows have much worse things going on and hell even I want to join it because life is unfair and damn boring.
    Plus, hey, you meet people with built bodies, wonderful looks, are the best at their jobs, are always right, can hold their anger and know 5 langauges.

- H

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Oh yes, because hating a thirteen year old girls fantasy romance story is as bad as slaughtering 10 million people. /rolleyes

As for an "Introductory into Fiction" course, they should require The Lord of the Rings and War of the Worlds.
    My god, if there was a course that involved reading LOTR as a mandatory book, i'm sure alot of people would sign up.

One of the best fantasy books written in the 20th century? THAT is what introductory to Fiction should be, not a girl's high school fantasy fetish...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    so a popular "fiction" book is req for a fiction course in an university ... ok it kinda makes sense not sure what all this end of the world is about.

like it or not twilight is one of the most POPULAR(not saying is good but it is popular)fiction books out there so whats wrong whit it ?? is not like they asking for history or sociology.

we all can agree twilight is a fiction book and is popular so it fits perfectly in that course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    so a popular "fiction" book is req for a fiction course in an university ... ok it kinda makes sense not sure what all this end of the world is about.

like it or not twilight is one of the most POPULAR(not saying is good but it is popular)fiction books out there so whats wrong whit it ?? is not like they asking for history or sociology.

we all can agree twilight is a fiction book and is popular so it fits perfectly in that course.
    If you read the bottom text they said they read twilight in sociology to make example that people will waste their time, even on horrible literature, so long as it detracts them from their meaningless lives.

and whats so appalling about this is that they are charging COLLEGE LEVEL prices for the same book you can get for $20 in a Borders bookstore... and its not even a worthwhile book to read
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Because the dead getting of with the living is fine, but when its the other way round ...

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorGang View Post
    How can some1 not liking a bad book wich led to a bad movie be worse than a man responsible for the death of milions of ppl. Learn to make a goddamn comparison and think before you type. Some1 pls add the mandatory "How Twilight should have ended" pic, thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    If you read the bottom text they said they read twilight in sociology to make example that people will waste their time, even on horrible literature, so long as it detracts them from their meaningless lives.

and whats so appalling about this is that they are charging COLLEGE LEVEL prices for the same book you can get for $20 in a Borders bookstore... and its not even a worthwhile book to read
    i read it an it clearly says intro to fiction. maybe it says sociology in the comments but the headlines was good enough for me and to tell the truth to pay college level prices for any books is appalling.

then again i never had high expectations for this places maybe thats why i see this as normal

I might suggest that they also include Justin Bieber's new autobiography, for I am sure that it is as equally intellectually stimulating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    I love mods

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yet again i must post this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
    Failfailfailfail so much fail on the OP's link, AND THIS ONE. I'm 17 and know every single question that was asked in that video. I thought it was fake after 3 people didn't know how many sides a triangle had.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly31 View Post
    Some1 pls add the mandatory "How Twilight should have ended" pic, thx.

this what your looking for?