Moonkin Questions

Hey dudes,
    I've recently been playing my moonkin wayyyy more than anything else and have spent a lot of time crafting a UI and tailoring addons to get the most out of the spec. While I still have CD tracking issues and other l2p/practice concerns, I'm finding that there's a few questions I can't answer on my own and was hoping for some feedback from wiser owls than I. Namely, I'm wondering how you all are dealing with Nature's Grace and those times when a quick refresh of IS results in being too early to proc Nature's Grace? That is, when your preferred eclipse tracker screams AMG SUN or NIGHTTIEMS and you hit IS and...no grace. The corresponding SF or MF then, sadly, doesn't get the tasty hasty and you're stuck with a fairly flaccid decision to refresh needlessly or pretend that it doesn't hurt to miss ticks. How do 'good' boomkins avoid this?

Also, I find that I sort of suck with mana, typically not knowing what euphoria is up to or just blowing it within eclipses...are there any general sort of tips or specific addons or regiments a season moonkin can offer?

Thanks for any responses.

Also, tl;dr I'm a bad bad bad and need your help internet hero!

15+ Year Old Account
    Mind linking your armory?
    Zift

It's is not letting me link, unfortunately...but the character is Gallimaufry on Doomhammer-US.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/gallimaufry/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    and whats your approx. DPS in a 10 man raid?
    Zift

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Power Auras to help me see what the heck is going on with NG and my other miscellaneous procs. Head over to Relevart's Druid Reliquary and get the latest export. I know it helps me tremendously. Also, I find the biggest mana sucker seems to be Hurricane. Honestly, I've been avoiding using it on boss fights altogether and only use it on mobs like troggs. Anything else seems to be a waste. You may want to swap innvervs with another druid if you can, otherwise, use it on yourself at 75% mana or so. The power auras addon will bring up an graphic that lets you know when to hit it. You may want to bind it to a mouse button so you can hit it quickly.

Good luck!

-Polgrea

Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    and whats your approx. DPS in a 10 man raid?
    Sadly I've not been able to experience much more than BH, but atm I'm pulling between 15-16k in there. I'm mostly curious about how folks are treating eclipse transitions with regards to casting IS...is anyone else even having that problem? I have Squawk and Awe setup to notify me of NG procs, or I wouldn't have ever noticed. That said, now that I do notice it is pure awful.

Honestly, the biggest thing is to make sure that you've casted eclipsed dot's as much as you can. Keep in mind though, you don't actually have to refresh dot's as soon as you reach eclipse. Just make sure they're refreshed before the eclipse ends.
    99% of the time my insect swarm never see's the nature's grace buff, but in all reality, it doesn't really matter. MF/SF is the stronger dot anyway. The only time you should really start wondering about getting NG on insect swarm is when you get 4 pc t11. The IS when cast during the buff from 4pc doesn't consume a charge, but, it will still get the benefits (IE the crit rate on your IS should be far higher than the crit rate on your character sheet).

Namely, I'm wondering how you all are dealing with Nature's Grace and those times when a quick refresh of IS results in being too early to proc Nature's Grace? That is, when your preferred eclipse tracker screams AMG SUN or NIGHTTIEMS and you hit IS and...no grace.
    This is only really an issue when you hit solar eclipse, because theoretically you should be able to proc nature's grace immediately after casting your last Starfire, but it takes a short moment for the Eclipse to register and reset the cooldown. What I do is to immediately queue a Wrath just after my last Starfire, and then use insect swarm and moonfire.

Like this: Starfire -> starfire -> starfire ->starfire that procs eclipse -> wrath -> is -> sunfire -> wrath -> wrath -> wrath.

Like you've observed, if you go from the last starfire to insect swarm, that insect swarm does not proc nature's grace and will thus not give extra ticks on sunfire. Instead, sunfire will proc nature's grace.

When you go from solar to lunar, you will not have the same issue since you by default queue a starfire after your last wrath since the wrath has travel time. By the time the wrath arrives at the target, your starfire is about to hit.

Wrath -> wrath -> wrath -> wrath -> wrath that will proc lunar -> starfire -> is -> mf -> starfire -> starfire -> starfire.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Pokty, that's exactly what I was wondering about, thanks. But really...I appreciate the thoughtful responses, folks.

Deleted
    Finally some moonking love /Cast innervate
    Thanks for the help guys, im trying to learn Moonking PvP and this info has helped me too.

May i Add my own questions?:

- Pvp Moonkin glyphs ?
    - Pvp Gems ? Not worried for meta till patch ... just the others.
    Thanks to all the druid comunity.
    Last edited by mmoc8db505ffd7; 2011-02-01 at 05:45 PM.

You don't need to refresh your dots simply because you've triggered an Eclipse. In fact, if they are not at their natural expiry, you should not be refreshing dots upon Eclipse entry. If a dot has just fallen off before I enter Eclipse, I generally use the next GCD to hard cast the appropriate spell (Wrath, Starsurge, or Starfire) and then refresh dots after that 1st cast. This prevents any lag issues with Eclipse being recognized and your first dot refresh failing to trigger Nature's Grace while still letting you make efficient use of that first GCD post Eclipse proc. For more on boomkin PvE advice, check my guide in my signature -- has rotation videos, stat priorities, reforging advice, etc., etc.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced