Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Every test I have done with MM on PTR shows me doing between 400-600 more DPS than SV on live with no changes at all to my gear. For reference I'm currently at a 355 avg item level with 1848 crit rating, 1063 mastery rating and 819 haste. I don't have a 359 ranged weapon yet, which increases the gap even more for MM on PTR vs. SV on live. I also do not yet have the 4 piece tier set.

I can't speak to how accurate those configurations are considering that in most cases my shots are doing less damage than what Female Dwarf says they should on live. I checked my logs and made sure that I had maximum uptime on all buffs/debuffs that affect my dps and on every encounter my shots are doing about 10% less damage than what Female Dwarf says they should with my current gear and full raid buffs. My priority system is fine, but I can't just magically make my shots hit harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I sometimes wonder how Blizzard determines how much they are going to buff/nerf something.
    I think I've noticed a trend with Blizz: They will nerf or buff things to where it is godly or the worst thing in the game, then continue to play with it via hotfixes until it's just about right. It's pretty messed up that they don't use the whole simulator idea. We're all just puppets!

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    BM is already raid viable. The huge buffs it's getting is just icing on the cake.

In live, it's only viable when a geared SV hunter switches to BM to bring the 3% damage aura and possibly Ancient Hysteria. And then only because you're unlikely to have an equally geared ret pally (in his offset gear) who doesn't cost your raid one of its best tanks/healers.

And even then, a geared fire mage could spec arcane and bring both of those buffs while doing at least somewhat superior dps.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    Blizzard takes measures....
    Lots of QQ about SV being OP ---> NERF ---> SV is UP
    Lots of QQ about MM being UP ---> BUFF ---> MM is OP

I'm so fed up with the fact that we are going through the same old crap adjustments with the hunter specs.. I must say that i have preferred SV since start of WOTLK over the stupid endless epileptic SS spam that was MM rotation.

Why is it so damn hard to make all threes specs viable in raids, sure would love having a hunter with a different mastery than myself in raid, thing is that's not going to happen nowadays since the gaps between the 3 specs is just to big. Everyone will use the "best" spec...

I dont think it's possible to use as descrided above SV for trash aoe and switching to MM for the singletargets in a raid, not for me. Our guildraids move with pace that makes that impossible. We have a tight schedule, 3 hours each raid, no more no less and my fellow members would not appreciate me doing a halt every now then slowing the progress with saying "stop guys, i need to respec, and don't pull until im ready" etc.

If i had someone in my raid (different class) switching spec back and forth every 5 mins, i would get pretty pissed off after a while, atleast that's what i think (have never seen it before).

There should be a maximum of 500 dps loss in a perfect situation to using for example SV ilvl 346 over MM ilvl 346 AND
    same gap with SV ilvl 359 over MM ilvl 359, that way a skilled player can outperform another spec regardless of what spec is used.

The word "Scaling" is NOT in Blizzard dictionary...

I know this is QQ:ing, but wth i feel like i had to write something to show how much i hate the 4.0.6 changes. No need to go bananas over poor grammar or other shit, spare your stupid ass comments about that.

I must say that i have preferred SV since start of WOTLK over the stupid endless epileptic SS spam that was MM rotation.
    The current SV isn't any better its all Cobra spamming till your ExS is off CD.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    The current SV isn't any better its all Cobra spamming till your ExS is off CD.
    Hit the nail on the head. Back in Wrath I refused to play MM because I disliked cast times. I'm not a mage! SV was all instants and throw a Steady Shot once in a while.

Now? Now I'm still playing SV but I'm doing the exact same as a MM back in Wrath.