Poll: feral of boomkin

10+ Year Old Account

feral or doomkin for levling @ 82+?

heya all =) well title says it all

appriciated if u type =o <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing Boomkin atm, burn down a mob fast as hell.

I also amange to pull 4-5 mobs by dotting them, casting starfall and maybe spawning Trees.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Both are fun. Feral is fun. single cat multi bear.

you can pull like 5 mobs and beserek mangle spam. loot.

Deleted
    im loving boomkin atm, been levelling as balance since level 1.
    Really been enjoying it and especially when im critting 18-19k at 81 with starsurge

Deleted
    ferals are gonna be nerfed to a big pile of crap with 4.0.6 (thanks paragon btw!).
    So i'd say skill moonkin and get gear, owls are more fun anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc204baefcb8; 2011-01-31 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    i leveled as moonkin in my icc25(hc) gear. didnt swap a single piece because i took all quest rewards for feral (i went back to feral for cata) and even with that ''crap'' gear i had no problems and killed everything extremely fast

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    ferals are gonna be nerfed to a big pile of crap with 4.0.6 (thanks paragon btw!).
    So not correct. The damage is being shifted from bleeds to your contact damage (ie: white hits and shreds/mangles.) I leveled feral from 1-85 over the many years and it has always gone plenty fast for me. You have extremely little downtime, and as pointed out, you can pop bear on multi pulls. It's pretty much a question though oof which you PREFER to play... caster or melee? Just stick with the one you plan to play @ 85, it won't matter much in the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Such a clueless post. The feral nerf is only for PvP and we do not know if the OP likes it or not, we only know he did not ask for it. PvE-wise simulations seem to consider the 4.0.6 as a very very minor DPS buff for cats.

On topic: i went feral for 80->85 and i enjoyed it. As feral you never have to eat/drink, the few mana you'll use to heal between pulls will be replenished while killing the next mob. Fast and easy. Dunno about chickens though, they might be fine with mana too.

EDIT: lol thanks paragon what? Their Nefarian kill with plenty of cats was because of a broken mechanic of that fight alone, and it got fixed. If you really care about what paragon does, you'll notice they had no cats in their sinestra's kill. Same for method. The nerf will not hit PvE because there's no need to, cats are and will remain average in T11 content.
    Last edited by Shornaal; 2011-02-01 at 03:58 PM.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Do you plan to just do quests or all dungeons? Mix? Why not just dual spec and play both.

I leveled mine from 1-70 as a kitty, then the rest as a moonkin. For the 80+ levels, I did mostly dungeons so it was pretty easy. For the few quests I did, roots came in handy (did a few quests to become friendly to get tabards).

As of right now, I like playing moonkin. Who knows, in a few months I may change my mind.