Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry What? Are you serious?

So my resto shammy hit 85 yesterday, I log off so I can rest for school. After school today I decide to wait for my friends to do a random, none available after 20 minutes so I queue alone, 90k hp, 65k mana. A bit low right? Well I get in a group...H grim batol with 4 from the same server. the tank starts going, about 165k hp and gemmed for expertise/hit(/facepalm). We get to the first pack and he doesn't use CC, struggling to keep them alive we down it and he pulls the next pack, this time we use 1 sap. Tank and group getting crushed and I'm still strugging to keep them alive, without going oom we down them and keep clearing trash. Few trash pulls later I sit by a pillar and drink. I was too close and accidentally pulled the pat. I admitted my fail and apologized, no responses. We clear the rest of the trash with still no CC and I'm struggling my ass off to keep them all up.

First boss, tank says he wants to tank it by the side and I move my totems to a more desired area. He pulls things are going well, troggs spawn and they're all on me because the dps fail to attack them. I'm getting attacked by 3 troggs, being dazed constantly and boss turns to me for blitz, turn to run but because I'm dazed with 3 troggs I'm unable to move that far and die. All I say is "please get troggs next time". We come back in and wait near next boss, tank and rogue sit back very suspiciously. I tell them that they need to down troggs and we'll be fine, tank says "No worries" and I see "You have been removed from group" and there I am back in Orgrimmar.

So let me get this straight, I sit there and carry you through the trash packs with 0 CC, struggling my ass off to keep you alive. Your idiot friends don't dps troggs so I'm dazed/getting mauled by troggs, I die since there is nothing I can do and I even admitted when I failed and apologized. Are people seriously this elitist they don't even give people a chance? I know my gear was terrible but I was doing fine the whole run, finishing each pull with 50%-75% mana. You kick me for failing while I was carrying you the whole time? Why are people such jerks...

TL;DR since people can't bother to read the whole thing without posting. Queued for a heroic with low gear, struggle to heal squishy tank + friends due to no CC/communication whatsoever. Die on first boss due to being dazed/mauled by troggs. I die, run back in get ready and get removed.
    Last edited by Mindfreakz; 2011-02-01 at 12:45 AM.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Deleted
    Wasn't there a thread for random dungeon complaints somewhere? Someone needs to put it on the front page with huge red letters saying "Cry here!"

The only thing you can hope for that kind of people is that they have to watch their family die in front of their eyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad group communication is bad.

Although the group was not nice to you, did you even say anything about wanting some additional CC?

Just because you are struggling mightily to keep the group alive doesn't mean people are aware you are.

Also, with the first boss of Grim Batol I've noticed two groups of strats -- the "DPS down the adds" strat and the "healer stand on the other side of the tank from the troggs so the tank can pick them up" strat. If they were using strat 2 and you were using strat 1, it's everyone's fault for not clarifying before the pull.

Just a devil's advocate point.

You were struggling. You didn't carry them through anything.

Well, if I would've I probably would've been kicked for "not being able to heal me since I'm so epic and don't need CC", ironically enough I don't do that and get kicked. Also all tank said was "kill adds" yet his friends didn't even touch them.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    You were struggling. You didn't carry them through anything.
    Carrying doesn't always mean easy btw. If the tank is taking massive damage and I'm struggling to keep him up yet still pull it off, yes that's carrying.

Do you want a better example? Ok say there's dps in a raid all doing under 5k dps, 1 dps doing 15k+. The good dps is carrying them enough to push the boss right after it enrages. That is carrying.
    Last edited by Mindfreakz; 2011-01-31 at 11:46 PM.

I've been on the 4-man guild run side of things before (though you only mention they're from the same server). Regardless it seemed like they were certainly "in cahoots". It seems like this long out of the expansion release, a lot of people are justice capped and only running randoms for the valor points. If we've got a group going and there's some poor DPS, slow to respond to chat, not getting their CC off, we'll certainly boot them. Same thing goes for a poor healer who causes a wipe. It's faster to just kick and move on than to struggle along with them. And when you've got 3 people with you, votekicks aren't really a democracy. Whoever is the group leader is the dictator. He says who goes. Unfortunately the LFG system with its votekick feature isn't subject to appeals, and even a well-performing player can be kicked if 4-people in a guild want to bring in a fifth.

All that aside, your question: why are people such jerks? Anonymity. You're not on their server, and chances are, you'll never group with a single one of them using the dungeon finder tool ever. There's no accountability. However, you always have the option of noting peoples' names and servers at the beginning of a run so you can create a level 1 to harass them if things go poorly. Or, if that's too much work, just hit Printscreen at the beginning of a run. If you get kicked for no reason, open paint and paste. If things go well, then you forget about it and no harm done (harm, being, wasted post-it notes). When you're queuing solo, this might be a good habit to pick up.

You bring up a behemoth of an issue in the online gaming world. People are jackasses. People are easy to hate. People spread hate around like peanut butter on bread, too, and too often they use open anonymous forums to vent their real-world frustrations. People get hurt in the crossfire, and the best thing to do is just desensitize yourself to it. Pick up a guild, make your own, make some friends, never queue a random dungeon again unless you've got a votekick majority with you. Protect yourself.

Hey if you're a hardworking shaman, come to Emerald Dream. I'll add you to my crew.

earthbind, ghost wolf can help

assuming you just hit 85, consider not doing heroics until you develop a thicker skin. ill also deduce you dont pvp much

typing out your frustration is normal, but pushing the post button suggests you are too emotional and want attention more than just blowing off steam

Stop posting this garbage, it's your OWN fault.
    Fail group? Oh I know, how about I STAY WITH THEM!
    Next time, right click your portrait -> leave group.

Wait, you dinged 85 and the next day went into Heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    The only thing you can hope for that kind of people is that they have to watch their family die in front of their eyes

what the hell is wrong with you? its a game, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You hit 85 and went straight into heroics? You're making it worse for yourself, nevermind the rest of the group. You didn't carry a group, go do some normals and communicate with your groups more, or just queue with friends. Don't come crying here, people really don't care.
    It's easy to see who doesn't read the whole post, anyone who makes a comment like this^.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie0 View Post
    earthbind, ghost wolf can help

assuming you just hit 85, consider not doing heroics until you develop a thicker skin. ill also deduce you dont pvp much

typing out your frustration is normal, but pushing the post button suggests you are too emotional and want attention more than just blowing off steam
    quoting this post because it's probably one of the best posts i've seen on this forum.

Sooooo you came here to the forums to convince all of us that you don't like the group you have been randomly placed in.
    Um, ok I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    quoting this post because it's probably one of the best posts i've seen on this forum.
    Ya I know, it's the only constructive post on this thread lol. I'm just waiting for a mod to close it.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashalah View Post
    Sooooo you came here to the forums to convince all of us that you don't like the group you have been randomly placed in.
    Um, ok I believe you.
    So you posted twice in the same thread on the first page with two posts about the same thing? um ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess some of the people from your group post here as well... While you do need to develop a thicker skin (the internet's great for this) people are just so callous.

I don't know if it will get better or worse for new 85s once everyone has T12+... as a healer, probably worse, unless you get a warrior tank who knows what he's doing (Victory Rush is so ridiculous), or a DK/Pala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    What an absolutely horrible person you must be. Wishing someone something like this, because of anything, is purely disgusting. You most likely won't be, but you should be ashamed of yourself.

Attitudes like this are one of the major things that are wrong with this world, and why I don't like most people at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    Ya I know, it's the only constructive post on this thread lol. I'm just waiting for a mod to close it.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 09:09 PM ----------

So you posted twice in the same thread on the first page with two posts about the same thing? um ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I guess some of the people from your group post here as well... While you do need to develop a thicker skin (the internet's great for this) people are just so callous.

I don't know if it will get better or worse for new 85s once everyone has T12+... as a healer, probably worse, unless you get a warrior tank who knows what he's doing (Victory Rush is so ridiculous), or a DK/Pala.
    Ya, planned on running heroics with my friends but they weren't available. My only point was I was healing fine and got kicked anyway, and does ghost wolf remove dazes/make them ineffective? I feel like a nub now.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you honestly believe you were geared to heal that heroic with 65k mana? clearly the other players were the problem.