Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a zillion different conflicting strategies on here and I think many of them are not supportive of your comp ("get a hunter" is not helpful), but I think with your comp, you're doing the right strategy.

Things to note:
    • Single tank worm.
    • DK off-tank goes frost spec with chillblains and kites the adds. DPS ignores them. If you're kiting the adds all fight with a tank, there is no need pull any other DPSers away from the boss to kill them. Kite, kite, kite. They should never hit the tank, so it shouldn't matter if you have a zillion of them.
    • Stack everyone else in melee and have them all pound on the boss. If you're kiting and not killing adds, you don't want your ranged scattered around the room.
    • Your healer mana situation sounds about right. It is scary to be that low, but they will be regenning in phase 2 when there is no healing needed.
    • Your DPS is way too low. Work with your DPSers to get them higher, whether its to go over the latest theorycrafting for them or troubleshoot particular problems. See how they do, though, if they're focusing on the boss full time. If they're not getting higher, then something needs fixed in this area.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Just some more ideas to help you out. If your blood dk goes frost with full dps gear but blood presence on; he can actual solo the worms by himself. Granted you don't want to come reliant on this else when you don't have your dk you're screwed. But it'll help you get through the fight. But having a one person getting major threat on the parasites helps tons, cause the ranged aoe can just aoe instead of having to adjust. Second best class imo for this is Boomkin if you have access to it, the aoe they can do plus the knockback every set of adds is helpful.

Making it to the first p2 is the hardest part for most healers. You'll go through normally 3 of his large aoe breaths to get to it. But normally there after you only get 1-2 breaths. Also each burn phase I can normal as heals regen a good 30% of my mana or so.

Solo tank it in 10m the mt will take more dmg but its completely manageable.

During burn phase melee needs to leave the edge they normally stand on. The exposed head sticks very far out into the room and when the boss resets aggro if the MT is the only one initially in melee no chance of silly deaths.

Lastly the people doing the chains to start p2 need to be fast. Magmaw should be chained before he has even lurched back to an erect pose. I mean the animation started for it, he'll get back up but will immediately start getting pulled over by the chains if done right. If not you'll see the breath attack going off as the chains are pulling him down. This extra damage can be the straw that breaks your healers backs. Fast chains also leads to less adds btw.

Also we normally only have 11mil healing total in the fight with a kill just shy of 7 minutes, that includes all healing in the fight not just the stuff done by heals.
    Last edited by mahananaka; 2011-02-01 at 06:40 PM.