15+ Year Old Account

Spriest preformance calculator?

i know gearscore/recount use to have a performance section where you could see how well your dps for your gear. does anyone know of addons like this? or even a website were i can plug in my gear and or stats and see what type of dps i should be pullin? i am gettin 8.8k on a raiding training dummy self buffed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kizzers/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno about any website/addon like that, but 8.8k on single target raiding training dummy with your gear is really not bad. DPS is about managing the rotation, if you can keep all your dots on and you can make room to cast mind flay and mind blast as much as possible than you are at the dps peak as a priest. Priest's dps depends very much on the type of the encounter, if you dont have to move much or there are more than 1 dps target you will pull more dps.

Target Dummies have been and always will be the most misleading pieces of crap in game. Honestly, they serve almost no purpose other than to
    provide something to blow up when you're bored.

When my Spriest had ilvl333 gear I was doing about 9k in Heroics.
    At ilvl346 I was doing 11k in Heroics and on Raid Trash with 13-14k on Bosses.
    At ilvl354 I'm still at 11k in Heroics but 13k on Raid Trash and upwards of 17k on bosses.

The main key with Spriests is to watch your mana. Druids have their Eclipse mini-game and we have our mana mini-game. It pops up and it pops down all fight long.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Deleted
    From what I can see, there's really not much to do about damage as priest. Keep dots up and renew them just before they expire, spam mindflay, if you have 1 orb and no empowered shadows, use mindblast. If you have 3 orbs, use mindblast. If Shadow Word: Death is off cooldown, cast it. If you have 5 dark evangelism, cast archangel. If you have a dps cooldown trinket, use it at the same time as archangel.

I've tried to find anyway to make a better rotation, but I sure haven't found it. On trash, I just go "does it die too fast to dot? If yes, mind spike. If no, rotate around dotting everything, spam SW: Death on anything low on hp".

If the rotation really is as easy as mentioned above, there's no need for an addon. Just do the rotation and see what you get.

Its not exactly what you're looking for, but for what its worth DR.Damage is pretty awesome as far as damage calculators go. It wont tell you what you should be doing overall, but it will give you in depth spell by spell damage averages. It also calculates buffs and debuffs, as well as haste for your dots.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...dr-damage.aspx
    Last edited by Rocap; 2011-02-01 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Link provided