Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Is two talent points worth an extra 200 dmg a tick on adds? Perhaps for certain parts of certain boss fights, but overall could you get more out of another talent. Its an interesting question, imo.
    yes it is worth it but in your case something is broken.

my diseases tick for around 1200 damage at a minimum and crit for 2400-3k depending on the situation. having a disease hit for half that damage for EACH disease on EVERY affected target is significant. if BOTH diseases were hitting for 600 damage that would only = 1 contagion disease damage missing out on the other 1200 damage or possibly a crit PER target. that is very significant on more than 2 targets.

apparently your addon to calculate this is either broken, you are bugged, there is a bug on the server or you are just missing something. What i mean is it is not intended to not cause 100% damage. Contagion is supposed to apply the same damage to all targets affected by your diseases equally (given no buffs on the target preventing damage)
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-02-01 at 05:08 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    yes it is worth it but in your case something is broken.

my diseases tick for around 1200 damage at a minimum and crit for 2400-3k depending on the situation. having a disease hit for half that damage for EACH disease on EVERY affected target is significant. if BOTH diseases were hitting for 600 damage that would only = 1 contagion disease damage missing out on the other 1200 damage or possibly a crit PER target. that is very significant on more than 2 targets.

apparently your addon to calculate this is either broken, you are bugged, there is a bug on the server or you are just missing something. What i mean is it is not intended to not cause 100% damage. Contagion is supposed to apply the same damage to all targets affected by your diseases equally (given no buffs on the target preventing damage)
    Sadly, I am not using an add on to calculate the damage. I am just looking at the shiny yellow numbers popping above their head. Exact numbers are :

With Contagion:
    Frost Fever = 1027
    Blood Plague = 1048

Without Contagion:
    Frost Fever = 892
    Blood plague = 908

Not counting crits. So 2 talent points give me an extra 135 damage per tick of frost fever, and an extra 140 on blood plague. I mean, given the info the game tells you, should be 500 damage or so without contagion, in which case it would be a no brainer. Maybe if there were 3? 4? Mobs it would still be nice, but atm I've taken the points out and have put them into bladed armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Sadly, I am not using an add on to calculate the damage. I am just looking at the shiny yellow numbers popping above their head. Exact numbers are :

With Contagion:
    Frost Fever = 1027
    Blood Plague = 1048

Without Contagion:
    Frost Fever = 892
    Blood plague = 908

Not counting crits. So 2 talent points give me an extra 135 damage per tick of frost fever, and an extra 140 on blood plague. I mean, given the info the game tells you, should be 500 damage or so without contagion, in which case it would be a no brainer. Maybe if there were 3? 4? Mobs it would still be nice, but atm I've taken the points out and have put them into bladed armor.
    for starters you should have both bladed armor AND contagion for max damage output but yes it seems you have a bug somewhere in the system as these numbers are not what they should be. i would report it if i were you.

as far as the crits go recount separates crits and normal hits this wouldn't be an issue when calculating.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    actually it is. not sure when the last time you checked it but it always has and still does. i JUST checked it less than 15 seconds ago.
    Well, good to know that it is indeed spread. As I wrote in my first post here, I haven't been unholy pve for a long time (last time I think was when the ICC buff was at 5%), and I only knew that for a time in beta when they changed the behaviour of ebon plaguebringer, pestilence wouldn't spread it. And because the tooltips haven't changed since then I assume it still wouldn't.

Though of course NOT being able to spread ebon plague would be bad especially now that warlocks can spread curse of elements with a talent.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

for starters you should have both bladed armor AND contagion for max damage output but yes it seems you have a bug somewhere in the system as these numbers are not what they should be. i would report it if i were you.

as far as the crits go recount separates crits and normal hits this wouldn't be an issue when calculating.
    I reported it before I posted here. I actually had a fairly quick reply, but it was a cut and paste reply without the Gm speaking to me at all. Basically he said it might be a bug to do with all the changes lately, and to keep an eye on the forums for an answer. Oh, and a request to provide him feedback, because feedback is OMNUMNUMNUM!!, yes all caps and two exclamation points. Customer service seems to have really gone downhill since I last put up a petition, either that or the age limit to be hired was dropped to 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Well, good to know that it is indeed spread. As I wrote in my first post here, I haven't been unholy pve for a long time (last time I think was when the ICC buff was at 5%), and I only knew that for a time in beta when they changed the behaviour of ebon plaguebringer, pestilence wouldn't spread it. And because the tooltips haven't changed since then I assume it still wouldn't.

Though of course NOT being able to spread ebon plague would be bad especially now that warlocks can spread curse of elements with a talent.
    right. it DID at one point not spread but that wasn't intended. Ebon is supposed to spread to all targets and is intended to only apply to the casting DK and ONLY to diseases. since it is so limited it was intended to spread. Also it counts as a disease itself for the purpose of SS so it is necessary in order to keep up dps in more than 1 way