Deleted

another fire mage

Hey , this probably will sound lame but here it is : I'm having some problems with my dps as a Fire Mage please search Fïre( copy paste it cuz it has a funny i ) Skullcrusher EU ( I can't post link here cuz i'm new with my account )

I can put like 25-30k dps full cd + heroism but after then it falls to 11k-14k, my gear allows me to spam only fireball without mixing with scroch for mana regen, also I'm playing with 9-11 FPS on a boss fight but i don't know how much that is affecting my dps performance and i have read the elitist jerks mage forum like 20 times and i just don't get it why i'm doing so low. So I'm begging for some help!! ( yes i know my shoulder enchant ain't the best and also i know pvp armors ain't good but they are better then rare )

You have reforged 134 Hit in other stats, but you have only 1606 Hit rating and are missing 136 Hit. So redo this changes. You have many Items where you can reforge Haste into Crit or for example your Neck where you have reforged Haste into Hit but you should reforge Mastery on this Item. You should enchant your Cloak with 50 Int and not Crit.

I think your main Problem is related at raiding with 9-11 fps, fixing this Problem will help you most doing good and comparable DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbo View Post
    You have reforged 134 Hit in other stats, but you have only 1606 Hit rating and are missing 136 Hit. So redo this changes. You have many Items where you can reforge Haste into Crit or for example your Neck where you have reforged Haste into Hit but you should reforge Mastery on this Item. You should enchant your Cloak with 50 Int and not Crit.

I think your main Problem is related at raiding with 9-11 fps, fixing this Problem will help you most doing good and comparable DPS.
    well my hit is 16,68% because well i'm a dranei so i don't feel like 0,30% hit will make a big difference and you said to reforge master instead of haste now there is a little problem like i said that i've read the elitist jerk forum and there they say that mastery for a fire mage is a bit more good then haste also thinking of 4.0.6 when the periodic dmg from mastery is bigger. sorry for my fail grammar xD

I wasn't able to find your character on armory, but I'll give you my two cents. Try and cap off that last .32% hit. If you can't, it's not that big of a deal. Yes you should reforge haste into hit first (until you are hit capped) and then to crit afterwards. Make sure you reach the haste soft cap where your LB's and Pyro dots get one more additional tick. Once you reach that threshold, don't worry about anymore haste, it's not worth it. And as far as your neck, you did the right thing by reforging haste to hit. Mastery is stronger than haste once you reach the soft cap. Lastly, make sure you have the correct enchants. Intellect is the best stat for mages by a long shot.

Edit: If you still aren't hit capped after reforging all available haste to hit, you can also do the same with mastery until hit capped. Any extra haste or mastery afterwards can be reforged to crit.
    Last edited by CadetFord2345; 2011-02-01 at 12:39 PM.

Sorry i missed the Draenei part, but Hit is still your best secondarys stat till cap.

The Combat Ratings listed on EJ are a little old, when you check the actual Ratings from Simcraft (the same numbers the author of the EJ Fire Mage Thread took) for 359 BIS gear on live server you will see that Haste is just behind Crit Rating.
    If you want detailed Ratings just download Simcraft and import your Armory Profile, because all 3 secondary stats will are close together and it is now even more gear related what stat you should prefer after ignite munching implementation in Simcraft and also in RAWR (Version 4.0.17.0b)

Mage_Fire_T11_359_Live Int = 2.8844, SP = 2.1004, Hit = 1.9433, Crit = 1.0791, Haste = 1.0458 Mastery = 0.8734

Mage_Fire_T11_359_PTR Int = 3.0909, SP = 2.2063, Hit = 2.1408, Crit = 1.1897, Haste = 1.0169 Mastery = 0.9483

edit: if you are wondering why Crit (and also Mastery) went so low, they implemented ignite munching, so Simcraft trys now to simulate the loss of about 35-40% of your ignite damage as it is in your "real environment". But as you can see with every ilvl (359-372) Haste will always be better as Mastery!
    Last edited by Hibbo; 2011-02-01 at 01:03 PM.

His Armoury, for those who can't find it.

I don't know all that much about Mages atm, so I'll leave that to those more knowledgeable.