Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The North American Union is a myth propagated by conspiracy nuts who are afraid of the government taking their dogs and cats and pet UFOs. Canada and the USA would be a fairly functional merger, but absorbing Mexico would be like willingly drinking toxic waste.
    Canada and the US are already massively interdependent. We share power, food, water, sanitation, media, telecommunications and military assets more than any two nations on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Canada and the US are already massively interdependent. We share power, food, water, sanitation, media, telecommunications and military assets more than any two nations on the planet.
    So too do many nations. But interdependency and actually merging two nations together are two totally different things. This is one reason the EU is problematic, there are dozens of nations, with all their uniqueness to be considered, and at best, the EU slaps an incredibly generalized law across all of them. That and "mutual governance" would never be tolerated by Americans, not to mention their sheer numbers would mean disproportionate representation generally resulting in America telling Canada what to do, which isn't much different than how it stands now, except Canada would have no international sovereignty to stand against the wishes of Americans.

Yes, I've heard all the NAU rumors, legends, stories and theories. It's not going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could see it happening... America wants our Oil and Lumber, we want better Netflix and the Double Down. Well.. maybe not.. a couple hundred years maybe

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The North American Union is a myth propagated by conspiracy nuts who are afraid of the government taking their dogs and cats and pet UFOs. Canada and the USA would be a fairly functional merger, but absorbing Mexico would be like willingly drinking toxic waste.
    Hi to you uninformed good sir,

http://www.cfr.org/canada/creating-n...ommunity/p7912

Please visit this website from a very serious organisation, THe council of foreing relation. THe NAU is a long dreamed project for these elitist jerk...but heh, between you and me...its not gonna happen tomorrow morning...maybe never at all.

Every conspiracies theory come from a true story ((and after they obviously twisted it))...you just need to a dig a little to understand from where they are come from....before calling bullshit.

By the way you can find the document "Building a North American Community" for free on the net....get a read of this ((if you care....))

K thx bye.

OT : Nationalism is not bad at all.....its only become pure shit when you used it to excluded and killed a lots of people by using this very concept. But heh...if nothing change in the next decades....continental entities ((like the Europeene Union, African Union,etc)) will becomed the next steps of geopolitical superpower and nations itself will begin to slowly dissepear and fade out from existence...so nationalism will be become a very marginal concept and be set in the list of the witch-hunted ideologies.
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2011-02-03 at 07:46 PM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    Hi to you uninformed good sir,

http://www.cfr.org/canada/creating-n...ommunity/p7912

Please visit this website from a very serious organisation, THe council of foreing relation. THe NAU is a long dreamed project for these elitist jerk...but heh, between you and me...its not gonna happen tomorrow morning...maybe never at all.

Every conspiracies theory come from a true story ((and after they obviously twisted it))...you just need to a dig a little to understand from where they are come from....before calling bullshit.

By the way you can find the document "Building a North American Community" for free on the net....get a read of this ((if you care....))
    CFR is a non-profit, non-governmental organization. It can think and say whatever the hell it wants. All people in the related publication are wealthy business owners who didn't advocate a NAU, but a joint economic community. Which we already have. Basically, they want more money.

Again, I'm familiar with all this stuff. Yes, some people want a NAU. For the most part, nobody listens to them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for your answer Smrund, you get a +1 here.

/hi five.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    You don't really know anything about politics, don't you ?
    No one is going to attack a member of the alliance.
    You really don't read the threads you post in, do you? We were talking about a hypothetical situation, or something that wouldn't happen. Is that alright with you, mr. forum god?

that would require everyone being equalized which do you really want to give up the comupter you're using right now and go down to the level of a second world 'not sure if that's an actual term' or close to a third world country?
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

The problem with a single world state would be the multiculture. It will fail, there will be war and more ppl will die. The soution for this would be to create a single world culture. But that wont work today as someome else stated in this thread. Christians and muslims wont give up their culturel identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You really don't read the threads you post in, do you? We were talking about a hypothetical situation, or something that wouldn't happen. Is that alright with you, mr. forum god?
    You were criticizing a country for not spending billions on an army that they don't need, because of a "hypothetical situation that wouldn't happen". It doesn't make much sense.

Because the entire world united under one banner is generally what happens when some comical villain takes it over using his moon-laser and declares himself sovereign king until Batman comes along.

Actually I think it's just because Britain tried world domination once. They couldn't hold control over their more distant colonies and it all fell apart on them. Most countries seem to have come to a conclusion we should have a series of small countries instead living in relative tolerance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamyoumeodes View Post
    we all know that countries like the US have the most percentage of undeducated retards you'll ever see in your life
    Are you American? If not, you're definitely upping the percentage of whatever country you're in with that level of stereotyping.

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 03:00 AM ----------

I'm not a globalist, I see no reason at all to be. I am not a European in any sense beyond the geographic one. I am a Greek, I am not some faceless denizen of some amalgamated Eurostate. I know many people who are the same, viewing themselves as Italians, Irish, Germans, Brits, etc, and *not* "Europeans".

My identity is different than, say, someone from the Netherlands. We have different cultures, languages, religions, histories, and outlooks. Why shouldn't people be proud of where they come from? Almost every nation has something to be proud of, why is that so wrong?
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2011-02-13 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I could see it happening... America wants our Oil and Lumber, we want better Netflix and the Double Down. Well.. maybe not.. a couple hundred years maybe
    Canada and the United States merging would be a nice prospect but it would probably never happen because of the same difficulties you see when two guilds merge together. One would have to yield to the other, and nobody likes that much.

Nationalism is really just sovereignty. We should not get that confused with a sense of national culture. The United States is like China in the sense that it does not posses a national culture. There is a myriad of cultures inside the USA.