Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    Thanks for displaying your lack of knowledge about what we're talking about, but there actually is a bug currently on live where say you're shooting a mob which dies just before your shot fires off it will automatically acquire the next closest target and the shot will hit that mob and possibly result in pulling another group of mobs instead of your attack stopping as it normally should by having your attack turned off when you switch targets (via interface settings).

This isn't because of accidental miss clicks or anything of the sort.

To keep this from happening in dungeons I either feign death or right click the ground.
    Actually this is entirely correct, I have spoken to several GMs about it and it is a known issue. In the interface under combat where there is an option to stop auto attack, when selected it should not allow you when you hit an auto attack after your current target's death to auto select a nearby target and shoot. That was why that option was put in there, to stop things like that from happening. Currently it does not work as intended for hunters. They simply haven't fixed it yet. I am sure the more people who complain it doesn't work the faster they will fix it, as it is a huge problem and realistically you shouldn't have to create a macro to do the work an option you select should be doing automatically. Saying we should be better hunters is just ridiculous. If the game worked like it was designed we wouldn't have all the issues we have. But no game is perfect. And until they do fix it, this macro is the next best thing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome man, rock on.
    No Signature. Seriously. None.

Still new to Huntering, and had a problem more than once with autoshot. I've macro'd all my shots with the OP's suggestion, so I cant 'instant shoot' a mob without it first being targeted, and I have the interface option enabled to stop autoattacking when switching targets.
    However more than once I've trapped a mob in a dungeon, we've dealt with the remaining mobs, I've been careful to click off the mobs just before they die and not click on anything else (no target at all), and I'll watch as my character auto selects the trapped mob and shoots it, as if someone else is controlling him.
    Is this me being a huntard, or a bug? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    I would go with.

/use ReadThread
    /cast Post

That way you can prevent posting shit that's already posted!
    And if you looked closely before posting your reply you would have noticed that the post was edited to what I suggested 2 days after my post, so get a life and wake up.
    My Armory - Tenzi