Raids vs Heroics

Do you find healing heroics or raids easier and with what classes do you find make it easier/harder?

Raids are way easier, in my opinion, because you're playing with competent people. Pugs in heroics don't always understand their class, boss mechanics, or have very good gear, sometimes a combination of all three.
    The only noticeable difference when healing in a raid is with a Discipline Priest and a Resto Shaman. The absorbs from DA and Power Word: Shield do cut down on raid healing quite a bit and Shamans bring the all important Mana Tide Totem :P As for making is harder, another Holy Priest or more than 2 of any other healing class, you see alot of overlap. For example, 2 Holy Priests Prayer of Healing group 2, then drop Circle of Healing in the Melee, while the Range group continues to get lower.

To many things factor in easiness... one can always be easier than the other depending on the variables so therefore your question is rather moot.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    To many things factor in easiness... one can always be easier than the other depending on the variables so therefore your question is rather moot.
    This. If you are doing heroics with your raid buddies then raids will most likely be harder. If you are doing heroics with a bunch of failwhales then the opposite.

Raids are harder
    Even a bad pug isn't as hard as Nefarian the first time you kill him imo.

My guildies finished our raid early last night and still had buffs, and a few of us went onto a heroic and just chain pulled the entire instance, as a holy priest i never needed to stop to drink once.

Deleted
    In order of difficulty -

Heroics with a PUG
    Raid with Guild
    Heroics with Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    In order of difficulty -

Heroics with a PUG
    Raid with Guild
    Heroics with Guild
    You missed out raids with a PUG. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Ain't that the truth, I usually find healing Heroic raids with my guild much easier than healing non heroic pugs lol. Pugs will make my HPS pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayella View Post
    As for making is harder, another Holy Priest or more than 2 of any other healing class, you see alot of overlap. For example, 2 Holy Priests Prayer of Healing group 2, then drop Circle of Healing in the Melee, while the Range group continues to get lower.
    I think that is more of a problem of healing assignments than duplicate class/spec. The exact same situation can be said about with a druid or shaman using wild growth, chain heal, or healing rain on a group the same time you prayer of healing and circle healed.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    at this point in the xpac, I wouldn't even touch that with a ten foot pole. The only "raid" i even partially pug (usually 6/10+ guildies at least) is BH, and thats a loot pinata anyway.

If you would get a single CC and by a miracle it would't break, it's probably you getting sheeped by an NPC.

My vote goes for a party with a bunch of rednecks.

It really depends on the fight as well.

Even a incompetent raid group will easily take down halfus wyrmbreaker.
    Even a incompetent pug group will easily take down the first boss in blackrock caverns.

In both cases, it's mostly a gear question. As long as you have the recommended gear level and the basic knowledge of the fight, it's almost an automatic kill. And every now and then there will be some newbie who in a fantastic display of incompetence will manage to get himself killed. No matter.

Heroics have some really hard fights. My pet peeve fight is the second boss in grim batol. He's actually not very hard, but when everyone insist on standing in the fire "for more dps", it makes this healer want to pull his hair out. The second boss in blackrock cavern is also a skillfight - impossible to down it unless everyone knows what they are supposed to do.

Raids are usually below that level in difficulty; fights like Magmaw, Omnitron, Valiona, the blind dragon and the alchemist and the council of winds are all pretty cakewalk once you have the basic idea of the fight. But some raidfights are much much harder. Twilight council on 25man takes a lot of effort to get down. Chogall on 10man is a likewise scenario. And Al'akir seems to be murdering my guild left and right.

And of course, HEROIC raids are on a completely different level.

Ultimately, it's easier to get 5 people to coorperate and play well than getting 25 people do do so. Unless you are in a pug, in which case nothing can save you no matter how many people you are.