Need help tweaking.

I know, please don't tell me I could have read the massive amounts of posts in the State of Holy thread. You're right, I could have, if I didn't already have a life and if I perhaps understood holy a bit more. But I don't.

So....I need help. My guild Holy priest just changed his spec and he specced into Arcangel and I'm concerned because I haven't seen a holy priest yet that has specced into it. Now keep in mind that I'm looking for improvements and the explanations as to why. I'm a shadowpriest, I don't heal. Ever. I can post more later, but I'd like some feedback(NOT INCLUDING FLAMING, please) on the general look of his spec/glyphs.

Just leaving class now so I can address questions as they come.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gorgath/simple

I'd say his talents are a bit off. I don't see Arcangel in his spec, but he is passing on some good talents like Body and Soul and Tome of Light in favor of some questionable talents like Improved Power Word: Shield and Rapid Renew. Also odd that he isn't glyphed for Prayer of Healing.

His gear seems mostly fine other than the Hit boots, for which he'd probably be better of with 346 Heroics than reforging the hit. His reforging also seems a bit hap-hazard, reforing Mastery->Haste on some pieces, then Haste->Mastery on another, so it's kind of hard to get a feel for what his overall gearing strategy.

Glyph of Flash Heal is horrible.

Most holy priests don't bother with the renew talents (except improved renew), since renew right now is pretty meh.

Also, your friend isn't specced Archangel on the armory. Some holy priests doing high end content spec into archangel because it allows them to get a 18 sec of +15% healing when it matters, slipping 5 smites during low damage phases. This is not for everyone.

2/2 Imp. PW:S as holy is just dumb, as you only use PW:S on the pull or when you need the body and soul speed boost (which your friend doesn't have).

Skipping Tome of Light is a very stange decision, as Holy Word: Serenity is an incredibly efficient instant cast.

Looking at his talents I would say that both his holy and disc specs are disastrous. In disc power infusion, borrowed time and inner focus are 100% musts and reflective shield is useless. I honestly think he is the first person I have ever seen with reflective shield taken in his spec. It looks to me that he is experimenting to try and find something that works outside the box because otherwise he will be pretty suboptimal as a healer.

Jhazrun did use archangel as holy for some time during Paragon's progression. I also dabbled into renew glyph+talents in a disc spec before with mild success. Weird specs can work depending on how he is using it.
    Last edited by Tyleiran; 2011-02-01 at 09:51 PM.

I don't see AA but if I had a dollar for every priest I see in blues running around my server with Jhazrun's spec I would be rich. Get rid of glyph of flash heal and replace it with glyph of PoH. Get rid of imp PW shield and get tome of light. Check his logs and see if those 3 extra talent points in renew are worth it.

AA is bad for Disc, and is absolutely freaking terrible for holy imo

I have cleared 12/12 and never once needed the extra mana from AA

I use this Holy Spec - http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcbZfh...ckohb:azV0VZzM
    Works well for me, but really depends on your play style. I often swap around Chakra states, so the extended time is wasted talents.

Both Haste and Mastery are good for Holy Priests, i do similar reforging, but i am continually playing with my forging every time i get a new piece of gear.

Also could probably use a bit more spirit, i have 200 more unbuffed, then get another 900 or so constant from my trinkets.
    Last edited by Samurai; 2011-02-01 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq View Post
    His reforging also seems a bit hap-hazard, reforing Mastery->Haste on some pieces, then Haste->Mastery on another, so it's kind of hard to get a feel for what his overall gearing strategy.
    Just want to comment that this is not wrong in all situations. It DOESN'T look like he is doing this, but it could be effective if you're trying to get as close to the last mastery point as possible (for example, i'll reforge some mastery to haste if it brings my mastery RATING down, without sacrificing a point.)

I was just informed that he specced outta AA recently...he had it last night but has since removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    AA is bad for Disc, and is absolutely freaking terrible for holy imo

I have cleared 12/12 and never once needed the extra mana from AA
    Archangel is by no mean bad for Disc or freaking terrible for Holy. It is a controlable 18 seconds of +15% HPS increase, which is very valuable to both specs when progressing through hardmodes, provided you can communicate with your healing team. Also, you don't take archangel for the "extra mana", as 5 smites cost more mana than the % mana return AA gives.