Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Er...getting gear is hard? What? I went from full 333 to full 346 gear in about a week of running 2-4 heroics per day. That's too hard? You want free epics handed to you on an Elementium platter like on wotlk? Alright, just quit now and come back in patch 4.2 or 4.3.
    The OP was talking about not having a giant amount of time to get gear (Understandable).

2-4 heroics a day for the average player is about 2 1/2 - 6 hours. (Longer with queue times as DPS).

Most people I know do NOT have that much time every day to sink into a online game.

I actually did not mind the gear pace of wrath that much. Heroic mode raid bosses still gave better gear and bragging rights when downed. But whatever *shrug*, if it takes time to gear out it takes time to gear out. I still enjoy it either way.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kharig View Post
    Conclave, magmaw, omnotron, halfus, valiona n theralion, 2 hours.... two...hours.... it's not hard to get gear.
    Are you high? Pfft, yeah right, big fat liar ... ok, some others may clear that, not you, but in what universe does the needed loot drop at all? Let alone fighting over it regardless of loot council/epgp/dkp?? In what universe does a guild bow down to your every whim?

Choke on your fat cake of lies and stop misleading people -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    At present the game is in the same state as wrath was at launch pps gearing etc give it another few months and heroics will be steamrolled players will be still whinging aobut gears too east make it harder or make it easier .so blizz have to strike a balance simple as they cant jsut target hardcore players as it would cut their margins for making cash profit employment etc .if they ignore the hardcores they turn into donkeykong for retards and follows the same line .

no matter what they do they,ll get flamed players love to flame whinge moan because at the end of teh day blizzard wont do anything and all you get is a ban on a forum personnaly i,d rather just shut up and not even bother reading or posting on mmo champ anymore all it is becoming is a whingfest you try posting something constructive its torn apart in minutes so whats the point anymore .

best start looknig for other sites for information on wow coz this mmo-champ is fast becoming a hell to read.
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account
    the main frustration I have with the current system is that getting Maelstrom Crystals (which are required for HOW MANY enchants now? plus 15 of them just to buy the last 3 patterns?) is incredibly expensive...

Only time I do heroics is when my guild can help. But I honestly think its odd you say its shit easy when Paragon said it was the hardest content ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a full 346 set that is built out of your "ideal" or "pre-raid wishlist" does take alot of time and effort. On the other hand, my guild was average like 348 on our first conclave kill, and things rapidly progressed from there. Double the benefit of dungeon effort: wear a tabard with epics suitable to you at exalted! Another useful trick: stack groups in favor of guild crafters so they get enough orbs to dish out "Pretty purps" to guildies that can get the rest of the materials. And if guild gathering duties are shared in any way, it goes even quicker. Having a little gold to throw around doesn't hurt either, we geared a guild tank from deepholm quest greens to heroic ilevel with epic chest, belt, shield from our guild BS and guildy donations, combined with a few choice ah picks, like the 333 boe tanking trinket, 346 inscription relic, and rare (blue quality) hessonite rings and a nightsone neckpiece. It took a fair chunk of gold and about 30 minutes to have him comfortably geared for heroic dungeon content. Which was no burden at all really, since about 8 or more guildies were chipping in what they could.

Deleted
    Its a mmo. Its a mmo rpg, do you know how these games are? Do you expect for them to make the game for you? I play wow as a casual because it is enjoying, but I have no expectations on that I should be able to raid, because I know I have to be hard core to get anywhere. So just go play cod or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by monsage View Post
    I am an officer in a guild with over 9000 (900 actually) members in it. You know how many guild tanks we have that can do raids? None, why? Because all of the raid tanks are in guilds that have been raiding since BC or before, and if we try to recruit any they say "how far are you in raiding?" and we say "well we're not, kinda why we are recruiting tanks" they just /ignore. And don't give me the bullshit about "play a tank yourself then" because I have no desire to play any class that can tank. I play a warlock because it's the class that I want to play, not because it is a class that can bring X to the table.

Do you guys really think the people that post here that do pugs are really not in a guild? Some people are in guilds that their friends started that aren't that big. (On Skullcrusher) You can't get into a raiding guild without putting in an application on a website, and most people feel that WoW is in fact a game, not a job they should be applying for. Some people are in massive guilds like mine that just haven't gotten into raiding, "how has your guild not gotten into raiding yet?" well it was made like 3 weeks before Cata, and just got a TON of members in it quick. We do have 4 or 5 tanks that are capable of doing heroics (barely) and how often can the other 200 85s get into a group with them?

Effort =/= time. I can sit at work for 10 hours at my desk on MMO champion posting nonsense. Did I put any effort into work? No. Did I put time in at work? Yes, 10 long hours. This isn't an "effort" thread, this is a "i'm kinda a busy person, why does this take so long when it used to take 10 minutes?"
    The only one you have to blame here is yourself. All you need in order to raid is gear from heroics, hell some people don't even need that as dps. If you don't have the time to put in for heroics at the moment then you're not going to raid, it's as simple as that. Be happy that when tier 12 comes out you'll be able to obtain tier 11 easily and be able to do this tier 11 content.

Don't blame blizzard, or lack of tanks, or your inability to get into a raiding guild for your lack of raiding. It comes down to you and the time and effort you want to put in to gear up for those raids. My guild has less than 20 total people in it with various alts, and we've almost cleared all raiding content after starting raiding 3 weeks ago. You get out of this game what you're willing to put into it, and if you don't have the 'time' to gear up with heroics to actually raid that's your problem, no one elses.

You've likely had this game for nearly 2 months now, and it should have taken only a week at most to get to 85 even if you're casual. If you can't gear up for raids in 2 weeks time, yes even playing casually only doing a heroic a day, then that's your problem and not a problem with the game itself. If it really is that big of a deal for you at the moment then just wait 2 months until tier 12 is out and you can get your easy tier 11.'Til then, you're probably better off keeping the whining like this to yourself, because all you're complaining about is having to put some actual time in to do heroics in order to raid and when everyone else in this thread can do it without issue but you can't without your 20 minute a day heroics then no one's going to sympathize.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-02-02 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeroxponds17 View Post
    Only time I do heroics is when my guild can help. But I honestly think its odd you say its shit easy when Paragon said it was the hardest content ever.
    Hahahhahah seriously, are you stating Paragon said that about HEROICS?
    They meant the Heroic raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogol View Post
    Please post a video of YOU doing a 30 min heroic, or get a watch one.

Several dungeons are duable in 30 mins or even less with a good group. I've done Lost City in 26 mins, VP in just about 30 mins, SFK in like 40 mins etc. Ofc I'm doing it with raid geared ppl, but saying it's impossible at this stage is not true.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 04:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked View Post
    i would like heroics to be even harder in mechanics but lighter in trash and gear req. i also think blizz should changed to 6 players in heroics. the only things needed to do so would be to make heroics have more hp and decrease aoe then you are done. its ridiculous that its a half hour que. especialy when one jackass tank and healer decide to leave and then the dps have to wait a full hour for a heroic ( ive had tanks leave because they don't have time ( ya that 5 second que must have changed a ton) not liking the random heroic ( suck it up. if dps don't do it you shouldn't need to) or occasions where you join a group and are booted immediatly because of class/ other friend who wants to come/ your dps on first trash pull suckz. by a simple bump to 6 players dps would have atleast 1/3 of their que time cut and dps might be valued more.
    NO TY!

Don't wanna deal with yet another half braindead dps lol. On top of that, the healer would have an extra baby to heal and would prolly not have mana enough to heal everyone. 3 dps is more than enough!