Grim Batol bugged?

Joined as healer. Trash packs keeps silencing me + 5 sec ability cooldowns.. like 3-4 times in a row. Never seen this happen before. + the dragon mobs(one of them) spams some massive purple beams. Don't know if they do anything, didnt notice.

Forgemaster Throngus wiped us 2 times allready. When he picks up his shield, he just turns around like a maniac. When he got his mace up he jumped to a priest(with 100%) hp, knocked her down to 1% and then picked her up. Wtf? (Luckily he didn't bug out on our 3rd try and got him down)

Drahga SPAMS the bolt thingy on me and all others. WAY much more than before. Trash packs before Drahga that spawns litte adds, they usually hit like trucks, but now they hit like frikin' semi-trailers. The DK in our group got 1 shot with 100% hp in a heartbeat, folllowed by the tank which I spammed Flash heal on.

Whats wrong? Anyone else noticing this?
    Last edited by xcitu; 2011-02-01 at 09:45 PM.

The trash will kick (Get out of Melee Range). I have never once seen someone ranged counterspelled though.

That is how the Throngus fight works. When he's encumbered (mace), the tank must run away from him, otherwise he can easily 1 shot them. When he puts on his shield, everyone needs to rush into Throngus, and constantly move to behind him. He will constantly turn. When you are behind him, you can still damage him, whereas if you're in front, he doesn't take any damage, and you will take a crapton of damage from his shield. When he has his mace, he will also randomly jump on top of a party member and impale them onto his mace. They will take a decent amount of damage during this time, and you have to heal them.

And Drahga's bolt is also a part of the fight. It CAN be interrupted, which is probably why it seems like he's doing it more. You probably had a shaman in your last group who was constantly wind shearing him.

The adds MUST die, they will one shot pretty much anyone, except maybe an overly geared tank.

Are you sure you've done this on heroic before? It sounds like you've done it in normal, but never done it in heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myzou, you got it wrong there - Throngus will put up his shield in one direction, then switch to another direction in 3-5 seconds. The bug occurs where he constantly turns around after someone making it impossible to get behind him, and yes I've had this happen countless times, but only after wipes.

The 1% by jumping with the mace could be caused by a crit from the jump ability + fire he immediately places under him, it could have been just coincidence though. Also remember that the "consecration" you see on the ground does 7-8k dmg every few seconds, and if you had a paladin tank ... well its just coincidence really (especially if this didn't occur again).

Additionaly, xcitu is talking about adds from trash packs, not the adds on Drahga. Please read more carefully next time instead of talking people down with "have you done this on heroic before?".
    Last edited by Nasser; 2011-02-01 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Hapened to us after a wipe. Hetargeted person and spun with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trash packs containing an Orc Warlock in heroic mode will also occasionally contain a Felhound. Usually it is there before the pull, sometimes he summons it right after. Either way, that is what is silencing you. Nothing about the instance is different or bugged. Your group is simply bad. The only possible bug is the Thorongus shield one which is real easy to fix if the person he is looking at isn't a moron and runs around in circles. If he hit the Priest they probably pulled aggro.

Noticed something more now. The ogre dude that spins around, usually does low-medium damage. Now he instantly shot my party down to 50%, second after he was interrupted/stunned(which is normal ofc). :S

@consript
    There is no way the priest could have pulled aggro. Tank was very good(they we're in guild), but the priest did low damage.
    I know what Felhound you're talking about, seen it several times, tho I've never been interrupted before either. And now it happens 3-4 times in a row, "stunlocking" me and wiping the party.

And yes, for the record, I've done Grim Batol(normal and heroic) a million times, so to me its very weird that I've never seen anything of this stuff happen before.
    Last edited by xcitu; 2011-02-01 at 10:03 PM.

If Throngus decides to pull his mace out as his first weapon the DPS WILL have to throttle back on their threat because the tank cannot afford to remain in melee range to maintain threat. It's possible that the priest pulled if he wasn't being careful, especially if the tank played cautiously and moved away from Throngus while he was picking his weapon. This is about the only case where I can see the priest getting whacked that hard...

Given the rest of your observations, it sounds like the only actual bug was Throngus' shield. I'm assuming this is a pug (the way you state you "joined as a healer"), so it's probably more a lemon group than anything else. Avoidance, armor, and intelligent use of CDs on the tank's part makes a big difference in how the pulls work out. Intelligent CC can sometimes be necessary if the healer and/or tank are undergeared. Also remember that the dragonkin that summon mobs are paired with dragonkin that place a zone on the ground that buffs damage noticeably. If the tank is not kiting them out (or the DPS is preventing the tank from doing so) you'll see abnormal tank damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drahga SPAMS the bolt thingy on me and all others. WAY much more than before. Trash packs before Drahga that spawns litte adds, they usually hit like trucks, but now they hit like frikin' semi-trailers. The DK in our group got 1 shot with 100% hp in a heartbeat, folllowed by the tank which I spammed Flash heal on.
    He always spammed it, he doesnt stop casting unless interrupted, and cant interrupt him when he is on top of valiona.

As for that trash, the DK probably aggroed a mob while the tank kept them on top of that blue disc on the ground, that doubles damage done to anyone on top of it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    As for that trash, the DK probably aggroed a mob while the tank kept them on top of that blue disc on the ground, that doubles damage done to anyone on top of it.
    The blue disk buffs damage output by anyone standing on it. That means that mobs are dealing double damage and players standing there are dealing double damage. In other words, take the mobs out and let the players stand in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    The blue disk buffs damage output by anyone standing on it. That means that mobs are dealing double damage and players standing there are dealing double damage. In other words, take the mobs out and let the players stand in it.
    No clue why i was quoted, but you repeated the same thing.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.