Monitor not using up full screen?

Dell desktop just got here with a 23 inch monitor and max resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Problem im having is that the screen has a 1.5 inch or so of border which is not being used.

I checked to make sure it is at max resolution (1920 x 1080) and also downloaded Catalyst and upgraded video card drivers etc.

I dont know what to do?

Deleted
    If you're using a VGA cable, you have to adjust the picture using the monitor's own menu.

Using hdmi

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 10:37 PM ----------

To be more explicit, it came with VGA cable and I boot it up like that and noticed the border. I got the hdmi cable from my bluray and put it in. And still the border.

Deleted
    Specific make and model of the monitor?

E: Are you sure the max resoultion is 1920x1080? Might be actually 1920x1200.

Dell ST2320L

Yes I'm sure it is 1920 x 1080.

Anyways the border goes all the way around making a rectangle.

Google ATI underscan. there is a option in your CCC to change underscan to 0% this should fix your problem.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    If you're using a VGA cable, you have to adjust the picture using the monitor's own menu.
    Thanks man you fixed my problem at least! haha good thing i searched the forums b4 posting my problem...

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same problem on a 25 inch monitor, I switched from Hdmi to DVI and it fixed the problem

To update on the issue, I went into CCC and there was a tab named scaling and in there I set underscan to 0% (like overclockedamd suggested). And that fixed the problem. Thanks all.