Thread: Cats vs Dogs?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    man i love both. I had a cat that lived to 20 years old and now i have a pug who is now two

Quote Originally Posted by Mistafreez View Post
    Sod all the running and shit dogs do to help their owners. A cat does it the efficient and modern way, dogs just got served!

OT: Definitely cats, i don't care for dogs; with their slobber, jumping and barking. The most my cat does is: dribble a little in it's sleep, jump onto my lap and mieow, much better. Never found more loving creatures than cats, people talk about them being aloof and cold, but when i'm greeted after coming home from work by a cat that's extatic and excited to see me, or seeks my attention for it's daily hugs or seeks me out in the night for comfort and companionship this just proves it completely untrue to me.

Deleted
    If you have a dog, your children are less likely to develope allergies as a dog strengthens their immun system. Dogs have a purpose......cats...don't.

But I like them both to be honest. Just don't have more than one, or your house starts to smell and they take over your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistafreez View Post
    1. That happened in Ohio. No one in Ohio counts as a person.

2. I said gone to get their owner help...there are tons of stories about dogs or cats dialing 911, but I'm not sure I believe any of those.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Cats are not nearly as messy, Won't completely demolish any and all furniture, and do not require you to take them outside at 2 in the morning in sub-zero temperatures so they can pee.

They also don't slobber everywhere. Good lord I can't stand dog slobber.

Cats are more independent, while dogs actually depend on you for food/walking/play. I love both, and have had plenty cats and 4 dogs when I grew up. They all went along fine. I don't really get the "dogpersons vs. catpersons", but then again I have a softspot for all animals

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi View Post
    Cats are not nearly as messy, Won't completely demolish any and all furniture, and do not require you to take them outside at 2 in the morning in sub-zero temperatures so they can pee.

They also don't slobber everywhere. Good lord I can't stand dog slobber.
    Every cat I know has used the bathroom on a pile of clothes no less than 4 times.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    I love them both, but dog wins !

I raised my cat(male) with my pitbull(female) and they play together. I can clearly say that the pitbull love the cat just like the other members of the family, but i cant say the same thing about the cat! When they play he bite and scratch even make waunds, while the pitbull is so gentle and careful not to harm him.

The dogs get attached to their owners while the cats get attached to the home. You can watch a cat whole its life and then to get your eyes scratched while this can not happen with the dog.

the cat

and the pitbull

excuse my lame english

Deleted
    dogs are the best xD

Dogs. I love cats too, but I've always preferred dogs, not sure why.

]
    1. That happened in Ohio. No one in Ohio counts as a person.
    Fair point
    2. I said gone to get their owner help...there are tons of stories about dogs or cats dialing 911, but I'm not sure I believe any of those.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...4/s1617593.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Every cat I know has used the bathroom on a pile of clothes no less than 4 times.
    I never met a dog that didn't destroy at least 1 piece of furniture irreparably, pee all over the house daily, stink, make a lot of noise, etc. etc. etc.

The simple fact that a cat can not devour hours of your life just because they need to take a dump is advantageous enough. I suppose if you have self-esteem issues and need an animal to fawn over you 24/7 a dog is the better choice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peakone View Post
    and the pitbull
    am i seeing this wrong or is the collar attached to the dogs neck?...with metal spikes...

OP: like em both, but liekz tha kittiez bettaz dey iz cuttest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peakone View Post
    I love them both, but dog wins !

I raised my cat(male) with my pitbull(female) and they play together. I can clearly say that the pitbull love the cat just like the other members of the family, but i cant say the same thing about the cat! When they play he bite and scratch even make waunds, while the pitbull is so gentle and careful not to harm him.

The dogs get attached to their owners while the cats get attached to the home. You can watch a cat whole its life and then to get your eyes scratched while this can not happen with the dog.

the cat

and the pitbull

excuse my lame english
    I would advise to never stick a camera in that cats face again. He looks very pissed off that you did that. LOL

And I don't think they are spikes.. I think they are like little loops that are made to look like spikes. I could be wrong though.

I fucking hate cats all they do is avoid people and lay around like lazy asses. Dogs on the other do much more and seem far more loyal. Id take a dog licking my hand then a cat biting at it any day.

Dogs.

My cat is antisocial, I prefer playing with my pug.

Being a Worgen Feral, I have experienced both sides of this argument on my own body.

I have to say that cat is clearly superior. I do more damage in it.

Cats because they don't need you and they everything they do is for some deep, unknown purpose.

This being said, everyone needs a puppy / dog when they're growing up from childhood and beyond.

Contradictory but hey, it happens. I prefer cats over dogs but don't have a problem with real dogs (no chiwawas)
    Last edited by Jaybles; 2011-02-02 at 01:29 AM.
    ...And that's why I had to kill daddy. He was giving the mouse a cookie!

Moon is sheep. Let it be written!

Hmm..I have always loved dogs, and only recently I took in a stray cat and her 3 kittens. I'll have to go with dogs with cats as an extremely close second.
    Also: Kittens are ftw..omg but puppies O.o how does one choose?!