Thread: Cats vs Dogs?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peakone View Post
    I love them both, but dog wins !
    The dogs get attached to their owners while the cats get attached to the home. You can watch a cat whole its life and then to get your eyes scratched while this can not happen with the dog.
    Now I don't know if I read this properly. But all I can say is;

I have never seen a cat on the news because it killed a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ates-baby.html

Now you have.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Daammnnn you!

Still. It's a lot more common to hear about a dog "mauling" children, or even adults.

**Anyways, I have derailed enough threads for today. So to keep in on topic.

Incase I haven't made it obvious enough, Cats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

3000 years ago cats were worshipped as gods and they havent forgotten!!

dogs are still a food source for a third of the worlds population.

cats are for lazy people who want to put minimum effort into owning a pet. Most are not loyal and just do their own thing, makes you feel like a super than an owner.

dogs are for people who want to have an active lifestyle and involve their pets into it. Yes, they may pee or be disruptive at the early ages, but a deeper, more emotional attachment is developed with it and the activities you do together. I admire their loyalty and unending joy that they can bring. Cats can have shitty attitudes, don't need another bitch in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginzha View Post
    am i seeing this wrong or is the collar attached to the dogs neck?...with metal spikes...

OP: like em both, but liekz tha kittiez bettaz dey iz cuttest!!
    It's a training collar. It's an alternative to a choke chain.

Usually used for more dogs that are traditionally more difficult or stubborn to train.

After owning a variety of dogs in the last ten years, I am definitely a cat person. No more dogs for me. They're too high maintenance.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    cats are for lazy people who want to put minimum effort into owning a pet. Most are not loyal and just do their own thing, makes you feel like a super than an owner.

dogs are for people who want to have an active lifestyle and involve their pets into it. Yes, they may pee or be disruptive at the early ages, but a deeper, more emotional attachment is developed with it and the activities you do together. I admire their loyalty and unending joy that they can bring. Cats can have shitty attitudes, don't need another bitch in the house.
    You don't know my cats.

Both will actually come when called, love to curl up with you on the couch, and are pretty sociable. At times they go off and hide out, do their own thing, etc.

Look at it this way: Dogs beg to be a part of your world, cats invite you into theirs.

Dogs are just too much like that annoying, ultra-hyper, attention-starved kid I always wanted to slap back in kindergarten.

For me, dogs take the cake easily. Ever heard the expression "man's best friend"? I think this is absolutely true. Dogs are loyal no matter what. I like cats sometimes, but usually when I see them they're all nice to me, I feed them, and then they wanna go outside or leave.. Feel used much? Plus, who the hell wants a cat going around spraying everything in sight with gross juice stuff. Ughh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistafreez View Post
    We have no way of knowing what the cat wanted =P
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cats, have had cats all my life and dogs tend to be a little too energetic for me. My fiancé wants a dog though, big dilemma here.

We have no way of knowing what the cat wanted =P
    Same can be said for dogs but im going to have to say the cat was probably just saying "hey what is this! Somebody come check this out!! This thing looks crazy!!" lol I highly doubt the cat understood that baby would die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post

I didnt say to shred your face to death, did i? :P

I was refering to the loyalty of the animal and the cat dont give a damn about you! The cat will be happy as long as it is at home and some1 brings food, no matter who that is

And no dog would harm its master on purpose! And about hearing on the news that a dog bite a man, its not the dog or the breed to be blamed, but the owner!
    Last edited by mmoc296752e8ef; 2011-02-02 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like playing with both, but when I move out, I don't intend on having either. The crap, food, and maintenance completely overrules their occasional cuteness.

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 06:11 PM ----------

Since this is a Cat vs Dog thread...

Last edited by Zoma; 2011-02-02 at 02:17 AM.

Dogs.

Plain and simple.

Ok, here's why. If we ignore the fact that they are impossibly loyal and look upon you as if you are the awesomest creature to walk this earth since Sinatra, dogs have many purposes - they guard the family, they watch over your home when you're away and keep strangers at bay. They are not so easily warded off like cats are. Dogs listen to you are truly a member in your life. If you're in trouble, a dog will jump in to help you... cats will simply turn away.

Let's look at cats - they are universally arrogant. They only come to you when they're hungry or want attention, rarely when you call. The only defense they will muster is for themselves and no one else. They are snobs when it comes to feeding, refuse to go outside for their business, disappear for hours -or- will sleep right in the middle of the walkway and claw you when you try to nudge them out of the way.

End game argument: While dogs maybe needy, it's a small price to pay for the kind of service they provide. If you're at risk of cancer (pancreatic, breast, bowel, etc), a dog could potentially save your life. Do have someone with that kind of gift in your life who will love you unconditionally... sometimes I wish I could transport my dog's sentiment towards me into my wife.

Deleted
    I love my sister's dog. He is well trained and very loyal Shetland sheep dog. Too bad sister moved away and took the dog (well I moved year later anyways). He learned new tricks very quickly and obeyed many commands from family members. He guarded our house and family and knew what could annoy people (licking, barking, begging) so he was a very clean, silent dog with manners. A strict "No!" if he ever did what he wasn't allowed to do and problem was solved. The most best thing I loved in that dog was always when I raged at something (yeah I rage loudly a lot), our dog came to me with the "whats wrong? " face and usually licked my hand (hes allowed to lick me always <3), I always calmed down after that and smiled at him.

I like cats too but they only like their owner because he/she feeds them. Cats don't have any serious or important roles and they barely have any loyalty. Of course most cats clearly beat those badly trained, big, drooling, smelling, messy, barking dogs. Owners with dogs like that should have get a cat instead. Getting my point?

Dogs can be (not "are") way more "part of the family" and a friend compared to cats. Of course dogs require exercise and attention but you get back much more, also playing and walking your dog can actually be a positive thing, if not then get a cat instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Dogs.

Plain and simple.

Ok, here's why. If we ignore the fact that they are impossibly loyal and look upon you as if you are the awesomest creature to walk this earth since Sinatra, dogs have many purposes - they guard the family, they watch over your home when you're away and keep strangers at bay. They are not so easily warded off like cats are. Dogs listen to you are truly a member in your life. If you're in trouble, a dog will jump in to help you... cats will simply turn away.

Let's look at cats - they are universally arrogant. They only come to you when they're hungry or want attention, rarely when you call. The only defense they will muster is for themselves and no one else. They are snobs when it comes to feeding, refuse to go outside for their business, disappear for hours -or- will sleep right in the middle of the walkway and claw you when you try to nudge them out of the way.

End game argument: While dogs maybe needy, it's a small price to pay for the kind of service they provide. If you're at risk of cancer (pancreatic, breast, bowel, etc), a dog could potentially save your life. Do have someone with that kind of gift in your life who will love you unconditionally... sometimes I wish I could transport my dog's sentiment towards me into my wife.
    I don't know where you got your stereotype cat-hater story from, but that's not even close to being true unless the owner of said cat is a retard who doesn't know how to properly bring up a cat.

Hm I love both equally, but if I was to get one now, I would have to go with a cat since I don't have time for several walks with the dog every day, so getting a dog atm would be cruel :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I love both but dogs are just everything for me since i had my boxer dog when i was born

Cats for me! :3
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.