Thread: Cats vs Dogs?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're both ok but I definitely prefer dogs, by nature they make a better pet with the whole pack mentality. Dogs make a better companion, get a cat if you want a room mate that you have to feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I LOVE animals. They bring that positive "chi" to the house.

I'll have to go with kittens over puppies. A pair of kittens will chase each other around all day and Claw each other, which is fairly entertaining, while a dog will take laps around the house..?

nice work making this a poll...
    Dogs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cats

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I like both but cats are by far the best. There is nothing better than having a contented cat dozing away on your stomach while having a lazy Saturday afternoon on the sofa watching TV. One thing I don't like about dogs are the little ratty ones. Urgh.... :X
    But would you like dogs more if it were a sweet, clean female yellow lab? Maybe this is why people like cats more than dogs, because you all have ugly dogs. Mine is perty. =)

Definitely dogs, and not those small anklebiting walking brooms but a real dog, over kneeheight.
    The more it looks like a healthy wolf the better.

I like both but prefer cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can't choose... while i was younger i always liked dogs more, but since we got a cat at our home i like cats just as much, + you dont need to walk the cat, so that makes your life a little bit easier, esp on cold/rainy days

10+ Year Old Account
    cats.

dogs smell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs, grew up with em and as long as I can remember there was always a dog at home and my grandparents.

I hate cats for another reason though, when I was like 6 y/o or something like that I got attacked by a stray cat which damaged my leg quite bad

so for me Dogs > cats always

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs make better companions imo. Cats are just so boring. Although I prefer small dogs to big ones. Small pets are just better imo, thank god that dogs can be small too or I would probably be a cat person.

Dogs are man's best friend. They love you unconditionally and are smart and can protect you. Cats will always get out of the house and walk around outside, and they always land on their feet, like they think they're better than you

The only time i would say cats are better then dogs are when the owner of the dog does not spend the time needed with the dog. Dogs are mans best friend. Dogs have been with man a lot longer then cats have been. I most people i know that own cats have them to have a pet. Dogs are not a pet they are a member of the family. Most dogs have been breed for a job. So they do bring more then just a pet in the house. They can protect, help hunt and in some country they have been know to be baby sitters. When not trained they can be destructive b/c they need leadership on what to do. Simple answer to the questions which is better for most people it is a cat b/c they dont want to spend the time needed to have a well matter health dog.

I like them both and hope to get a dog some day, but I live in an apartment right now and that isn't fair to the dog. I currently have 2 cats (parents had 5 at one point, but down to 2), and have owned cats all of my life. So, I guess I prefer cats because I've owned them personally for longer. As soon as I moved out of my parents house after college within a week I had my 2 cats, can't live without 'em!

The only time i would say cats are better then dogs are when the owner of the dog does not spend the time needed with the dog. Dogs are mans best friend. Dogs have been with man a lot longer then cats have been. I most people i know that own cats have them to have a pet. Dogs are not a pet they are a member of the family. Most dogs have been breed for a job. So they do bring more then just a pet in the house. They can protect, help hunt and in some country they have been know to be baby sitters. When not trained they can be destructive b/c they need leadership on what to do. Simple answer to the questions which is better for most people it is a cat b/c they dont want to spend the time needed to have a well matter health dog.
    That might be your opinion on dogs, but ALL of my cats aren't simply just pets to me. They are members of my family and pretty much treat them like people (minus the food). Also, why you don't have to take a cat outside every day for a walk or to use the bathroom you still have to spend just as much time playing with them and caring for them or they become unhappy and bored just like a dog. And just like a dog they can become destructive if left bored long enough. I've actually had several cats that loved to go outside and with a harness and leash they'd actually take walks around the yard and the deck. So to say that cats are just mere pets while dogs are actually members of the family may be your opinion, but please don't treat it like it's actual fact. Especially, since I'm pretty sure the majority of cat owners in this thread will probably disagree with you as they feel their cats are members of their family too.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2011-02-03 at 02:13 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Like them both, but I prefer dogs.

Has a cat ever gone to get it's owner help after they've gotten injured? Hell no.

Mine has. I fell from a ladder in my house while painting our stupid high walls, and one of my cats went to get my boyfriend by scratching on our door, something he never does, and led him to me.

My other cat, the girl, is always aware when I'm sad/crying and won't leave my side, or doesn't care if I hug her when I am.

OT: I don't like people who hate dogs, or people who hate cats.
    To me its like being a racist.

I love both, even though I have only owned cats and reptiles, my roomate had a dog i adored (pitbull-greyhound mix) and I have always wanted my own dog but my schedule would leave me no time to take care of him or her, and I wouldn't want to do that to an animal so dependant on human interaction.

But i may be getting a pup soon after i get my degree!
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2011-02-03 at 02:10 AM.

The day cats don't crap in a box in the house they may be on a level playing field with dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedinggum View Post
    I'm sorry but this is very biased.

While dogs were domesticated before cats due to their ability to aid in hunting, cats have still been with humans for quite a long time. 10,000 years

The Egyptians worshipped their cats and even mummified them like they would a family member.
    While I do agree on some of your points on the roles of dogs, people who own cats think of them as family not a pet they don't pay mind to and just feed.
    While the domestic house cat doesn't have larger jobs like the large dogs do, it has always played a huge role in killing rodents and other pests known to bring disease and or destroy crops.
    They also bring you their kill as a present. -_-

Dog and Cats are equal in my eyes.
    They both are wonderful animals that bring joy to the people who love them.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2011-02-03 at 02:25 AM.

I like em both, but gotta say dog for now since I have my Chinese Crested Dog (Chinese Nakid dog) :>