Darkmoon Card: Hurricane

Hi fellas, I was looking at this trinket and it seemed nice for my survival hunter specially because I think the nature dmg proc is increased by our mastery but I was trying to get some opinions before I go and spend all that gold on getting this trinket, specially now that the Fair is coming

Thanks in advance

It's good for the static Agi alone, but be aware that the proc uses spell hit cap, so it will miss sometimes with only 8% hit.

Ahh well that makes it less attractive thanks for the heads up

10+ Year Old Account
    the most i can recommend is you plug ur character and gear into a simulator/spreadsheet and see what it suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Halvedar View Post
    Ahh well that makes it less attractive thanks for the heads up
    I found out after spending 17k on one. Made me a little bitter... I mean why introduce an Agi trinket which relies on spell hit, just doesn't make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't plan on raiding soon or you have the gold to just throw around I'd say get it. It's a great trinket even though the proc uses spell hit. +321 agility for hunters is still delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    I found out after spending 17k on one. Made me a little bitter... I mean why introduce an Agi trinket which relies on spell hit, just doesn't make sense to me.
    because spell-hit is divine for rogues :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Don't dismiss it yet. I'll tell you what I know of my experiences and give you some rough numbers to play with, hopefully the information will help you decide whether the trinket is worthwhile for you.

I'm an enhancement shaman and I am spell hit capped. The first test I conducted was in Baradin Hold and I achieved just over 17k dps. Of that, 5.1% was contributed by procs from this trinket. My mastery at the time contributed around 40% bonus elemental damage.

Chances are that the bonus damage a surv hunter receives from mastery is going to be more like 15% than 40%.

I'll leave the particulars to you, but the basic point I wanted to make was that while you aren't spell hit capped, and while your bonus nature damage isn't as big, the proc is still landing 92% of the time. I have a ret paladin guildie who took the strength version of the trinket and is very happy with it.

I had heard that on PTR they fixed it to be based off physical cap. However I don't believe they've fixed it to proc off explosive shot yet, so it's still weak for SV. May be worth it for MM although I'm not sure if there are any key MM abilities it doesn't proc from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tia's Grace and Fluid Death two easier and cheaper trinkets will most likely remain better then DMC:H
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

It's alright for the non raider but it's no greatness.

<-- SV hunter and I don't like the trinket. Don't waste the money. Get Fluid Death from valor points and a heroic Tia's Grace from Lost City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher View Post
    <-- SV hunter and I don't like the trinket. Don't waste the money. Get Fluid Death from valor points and a heroic Tia's Grace from Lost City.
    I agree. I had it and Heroic Tia's Grace before I started raiding. Once I got enough valor points I picked up Fluid Death and played around with the three of them.

I found through my testing and other sources that Fluid Death and Tia's Grace combined are better than Fluid Death and Hurricane.

It is a nice trinket, it just does not proc enough (auto shot only from what I've read). If you have lots of money and woud rather spend your valor points on Tier pieces or other upgrades, then I say go for it.

But sooner or later you'll want to replace it since there are 3 or 4 trinkets (including the blue Tia's Grace) that are better than it that you can get from heroic Lost City, the first couple bosses of BWD, and/or valor points.
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2011-02-02 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    But sooner or later you'll want to replace it since there are 3 or 4 trinkets (including the blue Tia's Grace)

If the trinket proc is put on the melee/ranged hit table in 4.0.6 as has been suggested, it should be ahead of heroic Tia's Grace by about 30-50 dps (assuming ~3ppm average and completely ignoring the situations where Tia's fails to have 100% uptime after initially stacking). Not enough of a gain over a blue heroic drop to justify spending 20,000+ gold, but certainly not a drop in dps.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru View Post
    If the trinket proc is put on the melee/ranged hit table in 4.0.6 as has been suggested, it should be ahead of heroic Tia's Grace by about 30-50 dps (assuming ~3ppm average and completely ignoring the situations where Tia's fails to have 100% uptime after initially stacking). Not enough of a gain over a blue heroic drop to justify spending 20,000+ gold, but certainly not a drop in dps.
    -----------

????? Fluid > DMC =? Tia's > Key ????? - pre-raid, I ask.

-----------

Four months later....as a marksmanship hunter pre-raid, is this the case in 4.1 - and will it be in 4.2? The good threads I have seen about the subject are becoming dated by at least a couple patches now.

I got DMC Hurricane for 3.5k in mats from a scribe friend, but have heroic Tia's Grace and Key to the Endless Chamber too.

I probably won't see much tier 11 raid content until 4.2 brings out the nerf bat.

Deleted
    get fluid death and tia's grace hc reforge the hit to crit on fluid and reforge the mastery to crit on tia's

Quote Originally Posted by NUJ View Post
    get fluid death and tia's grace hc reforge the hit to crit on fluid and reforge the mastery to crit on tia's
    What he said. Especially on AoE-heavy fights, where the proc. would be rendered useless. Or Essence of the Cyclone; Halfus is quite PuG friendly in my server, so I reckon in yours, the scenario must be similar.